inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Penguin Plunge

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/25/09 at 6:38 pm

Anyone up for it?

http://www.vtso.org/penguin_plunge.php

Cat

Subject: Re: The Penguin Plunge

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/09 at 11:38 pm

Anyone up for it?

http://www.vtso.org/penguin_plunge.php

Cat

Jump into the icy waters of Lake Champlain or Lake Memphremagog to raise money for a good cause

What do you think  ???

;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 01/27/09 at 6:47 am

Besides that Lake Champlain is on the most polluted Lakes in the World. 8-P

I am not a fan of frigid water - Love it when it is warm.  :-\\

I am not thinking it is wise ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/27/09 at 5:15 pm

Besides that Lake Champlain is on the most polluted Lakes in the World. 8-P

I am not a fan of frigid water - Love it when it is warm.  :-\\

I am not thinking it is wise ::)

Lake Champlain is a lot cleaner than other lakes like the Great Lakes. And I swim in the lake all the time-just not in the winter.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/09 at 5:24 pm

The Pacific Ocean is beautiful.... ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/27/09 at 5:57 pm

The Pacific Ocean is beautiful.... ;)

Ok-going off topic so sue me.

Anyway, it was my first time on the Pacific Ocean in my sister-in-law's (Carlos' sister) boat sailing to Catalina. As we are coming out of the marina around the breakwater and we see this mountain of water that was taller than the mast.  :o :o :o  Ok, by this time I am s**tting bricks. The boat goes up and then down. And that was it. The ocean was fairly calm after that. After that Carlos & his sister started laughing at me because I am holding on to a handle that was on the boat white knuckled. Needless to say, I was SCARED!!!! At least in the Lake, land is ALWAYS in sight.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/09 at 6:15 pm

Ok-going off topic so sue me.

Anyway, it was my first time on the Pacific Ocean in my sister-in-law's (Carlos' sister) boat sailing to Catalina. As we are coming out of the marina around the breakwater and we see this mountain of water that was taller than the mast.  :o :o :o  Ok, by this time I am s**tting bricks. The boat goes up and then down. And that was it. The ocean was fairly calm after that. After that Carlos & his sister started laughing at me because I am holding on to a handle that was on the boat white knuckled. Needless to say, I was SCARED!!!! At least in the Lake, land is ALWAYS in sight.

Cat

Isn't it your topic? I think that means its fair game to you....

well I didn't say swim in the ocean when I said it was beautiful...... I meant to look at  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/27/09 at 7:17 pm

Isn't it your topic? I think that means its fair game to you....

well I didn't say swim in the ocean when I said it was beautiful...... I meant to look at  ;D

To be fair, when we sailed to Catalina, we were visited by a bunch of dolphins. That was WAY COOL!!!! I did take a bunch of pics but I was using the film camera then and they didn't really come out too good.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/09 at 7:36 pm

To be fair, when we sailed to Catalina, we were visited by a bunch of dolphins. That was WAY COOL!!!! I did take a bunch of pics but I was using the film camera then and they didn't really come out too good.

Cat

come back well whip out the digitial and get new pics...

I'll even comment on them on your flickr account

*ducks- just in case!*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/09 at 11:36 am

come back well whip out the digitial and get new pics...

I'll even comment on them on your flickr account

*ducks- just in case!*

Well, I do have photos of sharks up there-have you commented on them? NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! So what makes you think that you are going to comment on photos that I haven't even taken yet?

;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/09 at 1:53 am

Well, I do have photos of sharks up there-have you commented on them? NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! So what makes you think that you are going to comment on photos that I haven't even taken yet?

;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

because withholding my comments now is the only leverage I have...come on out I promise I will comment on them! I swear!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/29/09 at 1:01 pm

because withholding my comments now is the only leverage I have...come on out I promise I will comment on them! I swear!

Sure, sure. You expect me to believe that?

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/29/09 at 3:00 pm

Sure, sure. You expect me to believe that?

Cat

who's more likely to comment on your pics than me? I think I am the most consistent here  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...