inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Naked ramblers face Swiss fines

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/09 at 11:00 am

A local Swiss government plans to take action against a sudden and apparently unwelcome phenomenon - naked hikers.

Authorities in the canton of Appenzell Innerrhoden plan to introduce fines for anyone found walking in the picturesque mountain region without any clothes.

They decided to act before this year's hiking season began, after noticing a sudden influx of nudists last year - many of them from Germany.

"FKK", or "free body culture", is a popular pastime in Germany.

But Appenzell Innerrhoden is not keen to encourage its spread.

"We were forced to introduce the legislation against this indecent practice before the warm weather starts," said Melchior Looser, justice minister in the canton in north-eastern Switzerland.

"The point is many children visit our mountains in the summer," he told he Guardian newspaper.

A naked hiker was detained last autumn, but could not be fined as naked rambling was not outlawed, he said - hence the need for a new law.

Subject: Re: Naked ramblers face Swiss fines

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/30/09 at 11:02 am

I am pro naked hitch hiking.  Although I can't say as I would pick ine up.  Although it would certainly change the concealed weapon fear.

Subject: Re: Naked ramblers face Swiss fines

Written By: Red Ant on 01/30/09 at 6:29 pm

"The point is many children visit our mountains in the summer," he told he Guardian newspaper.

I think I'm going to go postal if I see more more law enacted under the guise of "protecting the kids". In this case, protect them from what: seeing what a mature body looks like, one that they will eventually have? Um, these people are outdoors, in nature, being natural (except for the solar panel strapped to that man's back), and that will be a crime, because it is indecent? Expletives withheld....

signature banned as well

Check for new replies or respond here...