inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Teen wakes up seeing stars

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/22/09 at 8:58 am

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1510387.jpg

A Belgian teenager is suing a tattooist for £10,000 after claiming she woke up with 56 stars on her face.

Kimberley Vlaminck, 18, claims Rouslan Toumaniantz spoke such bad English and French that he misunderstood her at the Tattoo Boy studio in Courtrai, Belgium.

She claims she fell asleep while the tattooist went to work and woke up to find 56 stars on her face.

"It is horrible," sobbed Kimberley. "He has turned me into a freak. I can't go out on the street now without people looking at me."

However, Mr Toumaniantz insists she "got what she wanted" - and only complained when her dad got angry and her boyfriend dumped her.

Miss Vlaminch wants compensation to undergo laser treatment to remove the tattoos, but even after the treatment - that will cost upwards of 10,000 Euros, she is likely to be left with scars for life.

Subject: Re: Teen wakes up seeing stars

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/22/09 at 9:27 pm

This girl is full of horsecrap!

Written By: La Roche on 06/22/09 at 10:30 pm

Yeah... you're not going to fall asleep whilst somebody has a tattoo gun on your face. Seriously.

Written By: anabel on 06/22/09 at 11:20 pm

They look like stick ons my kid used to wear---when he was FIVE.  Your fifteen seconds of fame is over, young lady, go pull the stars off your face now....

Written By: wildcard on 06/23/09 at 7:23 pm

That looks so much like either stickers or Scotch Tape.  I don't believe she fell asleep and I don't think the wrong tatoo was put on.  How about see got a tatoo and got in trouble so she's trying to sue the guy so she can pay someone to remove it?

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/23/09 at 7:47 pm

I smell a fabricated news story here! No way you're going to fall asleep while having fifty stars tattooed on your face, unless you're under anesthesia!  ::)

Written By: anabel on 06/23/09 at 9:35 pm

^ Right you are!  I was thinking it was made up too, but now the truth comes out...

Teen reportedly admits she asked for tattoos
Dad's outrage over 56 stars led her to give false account of falling asleep

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31400926/ns/world_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001

Imagine how mad Dad is NOW!!!  Stupid girl!!

Written By: wildcard on 06/23/09 at 10:09 pm

I wasn't sure if she actually went for that many stars, but  she did.

Written By: whistledog on 06/23/09 at 10:10 pm

If it is true, they honestly don't look all that bad. 

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/23/09 at 10:32 pm

If it is true, they honestly don't look all that bad. 

Meh, they look better on Kat Von D.  You have to be a certain type of person to carry those off and anyone who has buyer's remorse with a tattoo is NOT that type of person.  She's a dumbass  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...