inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cricketer caught in his pants

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/09 at 3:21 am

A cricketer was caught in his underwear when he should have been walking out to bat.

Team-mates at Bournemouth Cricket Club tried to find the player named only as Ed, 18, some extra cover so he could play his part.

But the teenager ran out to bat clutching his box and a helmet.

His state of undress was not allowed and he was sent back to the pavilion after receiving a rare 'timed out' dismissal for taking more than three minutes to get to the wicket.

Despite his mistake, Bournemouth went on to secure a draw in their Southern Premier League match with Havant.

Bournemouth captain De Weymarn told the Metro: "It's something I had never seen before in my life and I'm sure a lot of cricketers would probably say the same.

"It's certainly an unusual way for a batsman to get out but it's within the laws.

"Ed is particularly frustrated with himself and so he should be because it should never happen.

"It could have been a lot worse in the fact we could have lost the game. If that had happened, I don't think I would talk quite so openly about it."

Subject: Re: Cricketer caught in his pants

Written By: danootaandme on 07/29/09 at 6:01 am

clutching his box? 

Written By: karen on 07/29/09 at 10:39 am

clutching his box? 

protective cover for his ...

Written By: danootaandme on 07/29/09 at 12:48 pm

ooooh.  Here it is called a cup.

Check for new replies or respond here...