inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chipmunk invades kitchen

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/29/09 at 3:29 am

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1520894.jpg

A chipmunk has invaded a family's kitchen and munched on their cereal.

Trucker Bryan Foreman, 50, was left speechless when he found the animal with its head in a box of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Bryan's wife Susan from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, said: "It was terrifying. I've never seen anything like it.

"We could hear it banging about in the kitchen and when my husband went in it had its head in the cereal and was munching away.

"He shouted and it ran back out into the garden. We think it had a good go at whatever else it found in the cupboards as well.

"My cats are traumatised. We're too scared to let them out in case it's still lurking."

Susan first saw the chipmunk in her garden running along the fence. It later made its way into the house.

She told The Sun: "Usually the cats are really playful but now they're very quiet and reclusive. I don't know what it did to scare them so badly."

The RSPCA warned that anyone who finds a Siberian chipmunk should contain it in a box or shed then call the Non-native Species Secretariat or Natural England.

Check for new replies or respond here...