inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One-and-a-half mile wedding dress

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/09 at 12:20 pm

A Chinese bride is hoping to get her name in the record books after getting married in a 1.4 mile-long wedding dress.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1523362.jpg

More than 200 guests took over three hours to unroll Lin Rong's wedding train and pin on 9,999 red silk roses for her wedding, reports the Xinhua news agency.

Groom Zhao Peng28, a railway worker from northeast Jilin province, said he wanted to challenge the current world record of 1,579 metres.

"Both the length of the dress and the number of silk roses pinned on the wedding dress can make history. But it doesn't matter whether I can successfully register it on Guinness," he said.

Zhao said he had sent an application to Guinness World Records and would also send a video of his wedding with his 25-year-old school teacher.

"I do not want a cliche wedding parade or banquet," the groom said, "nor can I afford the extravagance of a hot balloon wedding."

But even so, his family was initially not too impressed at the £3,500 cost.

"It is a waste of money in my opinion," his mother said. "Though I understand that he wants to show his love on the big day."

Lin Rong, the bride, reportedly laughed and cried at the romantic gesture.

Zhao bought the materials and asked his relatives for help in making the wedding dress by hand, which took three months to finish.

Subject: Re: One-and-a-half mile wedding dress

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 08/10/09 at 12:28 am

That's SOME dress!  And I thought Princess Diana's train was long...  :\'(

Subject: Re: One-and-a-half mile wedding dress

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/09 at 5:12 pm

Someone should have told them no.

Check for new replies or respond here...