inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/01/09 at 5:30 am

Full report on BBC News Online

Hundreds of people have attended a wedding in central Somalia between a man who says he is 112 years old, and his teenage wife.

Ahmed Muhamed Dore - who already has 13 children by five wives - said he would like to have more with his new wife, Safia Abdulleh, who is 17 years old.

"Today God helped me realise my dream," Mr Dore said, after the wedding in the region of Galguduud.

The bride's family said she was "happy with her new husband".

Mr Dore said he and his bride - who is young enough to be his great-great-grand-daughter - were from the same village in Somalia and that he had waited for her to grow up to propose.

"I didn't force her, but used my experience to convince her of my love; and then we agreed to marry," the groom said.

Subject: Re: Somali man, '112', weds girl, 17

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/02/09 at 11:32 am

Excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick... 8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/09 at 12:23 pm

He is old enough to her own great-grandfather.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/05/09 at 11:55 pm

Well now I don't feel so bad about liking Michael Jackson and Prince, both of whom are in thier 50s.

112...what the hell kind of marriage is that? How will they have kids? (though 13 is alot!) Dude has Hugh Hefner beat in age, but like, 8 years!  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...