inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Food Stamps > Burnt Children

Written By: Red Ant on 11/22/09 at 6:04 pm

http://www.myfoxmaine.com/dpp/news/dpgo_101909_House_Fire_Sends_Two_Kids_to_Hospital_4122306

A lot of messed-up stories in the past 11 months, but this one is a strong runner for the "WTF?" award of the year.

ETA: I didn't watch the video at first. Yes, they have that quote ON TAPE. jfc...

Ant

Subject: Re: Food Stamps > Burnt Children

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 6:40 pm

for posterity here's the quote:

The children’s aunt, Marilyn Wilson, who left the house with the mother, said she had no regrets about leaving the children home alone, “No, I really don’t because if they had been there by themselves, I don’t know if the boys set the house on fire or somebody threw something in there to set it on fire. I really need to get in there to see if my purse burned up. I had my Food Stamp Card and everything in there.”

that's just messed up!  >:(

Subject: Re: Food Stamps > Burnt Children

Written By: snozberries on 11/22/09 at 6:45 pm

just watched the video.... she said she needed to get in and see if her purse burned up and said it with a laugh...

the only thing I can say- is that this comment is edited to tack on to the end of her comment about not regretting leaving the boys alone...

still its a horrible thing but at least she didn't say it all as one continuous thought as I initially presumed

Check for new replies or respond here...