inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 25 yr old man stabs a 9 year old boy over a video game

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/10 at 10:15 pm

this is just  horrible....

a 9 yr old was staying at his uncle's apartment. He'd just gotten a Playstation for Christmas and was playing a Tony Hawk game with the 25 year man who lived with his uncle. They were still playing at 330am when, for some undisclosed reason, the 25 year old man stabbed the boy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/01/02/2010-01-02_new_jersey_boy_9_stabbed_to_death_in_hallway_of_harlem_housing_project_while_vis.html

Subject: Re: 25 yr old man stabs a 9 year old boy over a video game

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/02/10 at 10:38 pm

Disgusting!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/03/10 at 4:49 am

Things like this don't "just happen".  The people who do these things are unstable, people around them know they are unstable, but they are more interested in protecting, or making excuses for, the behavior of those who are dangerously mentally ill.

Written By: snozberries on 01/03/10 at 10:14 am

Things like this don't "just happen".  The people who do these things are unstable, people around them know they are unstable, but they are more interested in protecting, or making excuses for, the behavior of those who are dangerously mentally ill.

so true.... here's a quote from the article by the uncle who let the suspect live with him:

"He was a friend. I can't believe this happened," Carlos Juela said. "He doesn't act right on the street but he always minded his manners in the house."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/10 at 5:51 pm

Hey man, that's really f**ked up.  I hope that loser NEVER gets out of the slammer.
>:(

Written By: seamermar on 02/09/10 at 2:51 am

Really sad Q,

I have often asked myself for reason for the sadness  In a world where tears are just a lullabye
If there's any answer, maybe love can end the madness  Maybe not, oh, but we can only try

Only love and culture can stop this madness which is a society cancer  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...