inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Police in Australia arrest man for listening to rap music

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/05/10 at 2:28 pm

Mr Wilkie was parked outside a Timboon supermarket, waiting for his mother, when he was arrested.

The Warrnambool Magistrates' Court heard he was listening to lyrics such as "shut your f------ mouth bitch, f------ motherf-----".

The court was told the arresting officers found the music offensive and derogatory to females.

Mr Wilkie allegedly told officers: "You're a joke, go do some real police work."

Crime must be at an all time low in Australia if they have time to waste on cases like this.

Full Story at news.com.au

Subject: Re: Police in Australia arrest man for listening to rap music

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/05/10 at 2:29 pm

is anyone having problems starting new threads on this forum?  I think the permissions may have been changed when we made changes to how the site worked to stop spammers.

Written By: gibbo on 03/06/10 at 1:06 am

I think ALL people who listen to rap should be arrested!!!  :P

Written By: Frank on 03/06/10 at 1:15 am

Burn 'em! Burn 'em all!  :D
All music is evil, Eeeevils I tells ya ever since that girating Elvis Presley begun swinging his hips...

Written By: nupur on 03/06/10 at 1:23 am

lmao those are some meaningful lyrics right there  ::) still, listening to music is no reason to arrest a guy, even if it is offensive.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/16/10 at 10:37 pm

lmao those are some meaningful lyrics right there  ::) still, listening to music is no reason to arrest a guy, even if it is offensive.

Karma, for hitting the nail on the head.

Written By: whistledog on 03/18/10 at 11:14 am

I could maybe understand if he was listing to a rap song about killing cops, but really?

There's people on the streets with chainsaws, and he's getting arrested for listing to rap music?

Written By: gibbo on 03/18/10 at 4:22 pm

I could maybe understand if he was listing to a rap song about killing cops, but really?

There's people on the streets with chainsaws, and he's getting arrested for listing to rap music?

I think these crimes are just about equal!  ;)

Written By: karen on 03/19/10 at 9:01 am

is anyone having problems starting new threads on this forum?  I think the permissions may have been changed when we made changes to how the site worked to stop spammers.

For me, I only get an option to start a new poll.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/23/10 at 8:58 pm

"You're a joke, go do some real police work."

^ Among things we do not say to police officers!
:o

Written By: danootaandme on 07/24/10 at 5:49 am

^ Among things we do not say to police officers!
:o

Yes, he wasn't arrested for listening to rap, he was arrested for telling the truth.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/10 at 11:04 pm

Yes, he wasn't arrested for listening to rap, he was arrested for telling the truth.

Worst answer I ever gave a cop:

Cop: I saw you crossed the center line three times, can you give me any reason why you did that?
Me: Uh...it's a dark night officer.
:D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/10 at 7:50 am

When are the police going to start in the UK?

Written By: Paul on 08/10/10 at 12:21 pm

still, listening to music is no reason to arrest a guy, even if it is offensive.

Depends how you perceive the law (and the law is one of those beasts which can turn itself inside out to suit anything!  ::))

Technically, it could be a breach of the peace...

Even more technically (if he's got it cranked up loud enough), he could be breaking public performance law...

But I'll agree with most here and say if it's rap, it's a good enough reason to nick him!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/10 at 9:45 pm

Depends how you perceive the law (and the law is one of those beasts which can turn itself inside out to suit anything!  ::))

Technically, it could be a breach of the peace...

Even more technically (if he's got it cranked up loud enough), he could be breaking public performance law...

But I'll agree with most here and say if it's rap, it's a good enough reason to nick him!

I called the cops on some dudes blasting profane rap lyrics near a public park where families were picnicking.  I asked the gentlemen in the car politely to lower the volume because there were children nearby.  The little c*cks***ers jeered at me and turned it up to a deafening roar! 

So this one officer comes over and tells me if I ever call the cops over that bulls**t again, he might just arrest me!

Okay, no prob.  Let's just turn the city over to the hooligans.  F**k your "quality of life"!
::)

Written By: tibi on 10/06/10 at 7:44 pm

He was arrested for playing the music in his car too loud, and he should be, there is no reason for customers and their children to have to listen to that kind of music when coming out of a supermarket.

Written By: seamermar on 11/11/10 at 1:30 pm

Me Chucky, Seamermar can't find the new start thread bottom, such statement is written at the bottom of the page

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.

:( :( :-\\ :-\\

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/17/11 at 9:42 pm

Burn 'em! Burn 'em all!  :D
All music is evil, Eeeevils I tells ya ever since that girating Elvis Presley begun swinging his hips...

You can't badmouth Elvis, he was Christian and probably brought many young women to the word of Christ. Now if only modern music could be like that.... should I say popular modern music.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/17/11 at 10:13 pm

Well, I would bring up some Elvis's habits... But that's another story. :D

But over rap music? Yeesh, calling them "jokes" is definetly accurate.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 7:52 pm

Well, I would bring up some Elvis's habits... But that's another story. :D

But over rap music? Yeesh, calling them "jokes" is definetly accurate.

Well, Elvis did OD and die, but he did do a lot of Christian good for this world through his gospel music. Johnny Cash did the same.

As for being arrested for listening to rap music, maybe Australians don't have "freedom of speech" like we do. By that I mean freedom of listening to rap.

Check for new replies or respond here...