inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bookie takes bets on teen's virginity auction

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/18/10 at 3:41 pm

A bookmaker is taking bets on how much a Hungarian teenager will sell her virginity for in a controversial TV auction.

The 18-year old blonde, known only as Miss Spring, first launched her auction on eBay in an attempt to eradicate her family's debt.

But when the online auction site pulled the plug a top Hungarian television station stepped in and agreed to broadcast the auction live on 25 August.

Paddy Power makes a winning bid of 300,000 euros or more their 2/1 favourite, followed by a bid between 275,000 and 300,000 euros at odds of 5/2.

The bookie is also offering odds on the nationality of the auction winner with a British man installed as their 5/4 favourite followed by an Irishman at 3/1 and a German at 6/1.

Miss Spring, who lives with her mother and claims she has never had a boyfriend, says she came up with the idea to prevent the family being evicted from their home in northern Hungary.

She said: "I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's just for one night.

"And I think it's actually quite romantic because the man who pays me this money will be helping to save my family from being homeless. He will be our saviour."

A spokesman for Paddy Power said: "This is certainly an auction with a difference and I'm sure that sympathetic punters from around Europe will only be too hungry to save Miss Spring from her financial woe."

Check for new replies or respond here...