inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ohio strippers stage picket outside church services

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/28/10 at 12:56 am

Several Ohio strippers are protesting outside a church whose members want to put their strip club out of business.

The bikini-clad dancers are picketing a congregation that has photographed customers' number plates and asked if their wives know where they are.

The Fox Hole club's owner has told the pastor he will call off his protest if the church ceases its demonstrations.

But the pastor has refused, saying, "as a Christian community, we cannot share territory with the devil".

"Light and darkness cannot exist together," Pastor Bill Dunfee told the Associated Press news agency, "so the Fox Hole has got to go."

The strippers have been sitting in deckchairs outside New Beginnings Ministries church in Warsaw, Ohio, during Sunday services.

Some hold signs bearing Christian messages such as "Jesus loves the children of the world" and citing Bible verses.

The strip club is about nine miles (14.5km) from the church.

"Everybody has sinned, and that doesn't mean I'm not going to get into heaven," Fox Hole stripper Laura Meske, 42, told AP.

"I believe in Jesus. I don't believe what they preach. They preach hate."

The confrontations between the two camps have reportedly been largely friendly, with Mr Dunfee and congregants greeting and chatting to the strippers outside the church.

Subject: Re: Ohio strippers stage picket outside church services

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/10 at 2:19 pm

But the pastor has refused, saying, "as a Christian community, we cannot share territory with the devil".

As Solzhenitsyn said, "The dividing line between good and evil runs through every human heart."
Every last one of us shares territory with the devil. 

If the church goers don't like the strip joint, then they're free to not be strip joint goers.  Photographing license plates outside the den of iniquities is nothing more than harassment. 

Check for new replies or respond here...