inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Carrot shaped like Buzz Lightyear

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/10 at 3:55 pm

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01708/buzz_1708989c.jpg

A grandfather unearthed a carrot bearing an uncanny resemblence to the Toy Story character Buzz Lightyear while digging up his vegetable patch.

Clive Williams, 68, made the find while rooting around in his back garden for some vegetables for dinner.

The retired electrical engineer immediately ran inside to show his three grandchildren the strangely-shaped carrot.

Mr Willianms, from Henley-on-Thames, Oxon, said: "My wife Jane had asked for some carrots from the garden so I pulled a few out from the soil.

"When I saw this strange vegetable the resemblance to Buzz Lightyear hit me straight away and I just thought 'my gosh'.

"I've never seen any of the Toy Story films but it was uncanny, it dawned on me immediately.

"I ran inside and said to the grandchildren, 'I've got a competition, who can guess which Disney character this is?', immediately they all shouted 'Buzz Lightyear!'.

"I've grown carrots for about 10 years and there is particularly stoney ground where we live, so the veggies sometimes tend to fork.

"However, we've never seen anything like this, I couldn't get over how much it looked like Buzz."

Buzz Lightyear is a toy space ranger from the Toy Story films voiced by Tim Allen.

Subject: Re: Carrot shaped like Buzz Lightyear

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/07/10 at 5:09 pm

Very cool!  They're obviously atheists or they might have thought it was Jesus.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/10 at 10:05 pm

Didn't know carrots had hallucinogenic properties!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_colors.gif

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/08/10 at 9:52 pm

To obesity AND BEYOND!

Check for new replies or respond here...