inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artist answers the big question

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/07/10 at 4:50 am

An artist has launched a one man show in which he paints his national flag on women's crotches while listening to patriotic music.

Jiri Boudnik, who is Czech-born but has spent decades living in the US, says he was motivated by philosophy's big question - where do we come from?

He kept asking himself which country he really belonged in and says: "I finally realised that the answer for me is Czech."

Now Mr Boudnik has returned to the Czech Republic to perform his art show where he painted the Czech flag on his models while listening to patriotic music played by a string quartet.

After a 50 mile journey along local waterways on a homebuilt raft, the troupe arrived in Prague flying a huge sail made from a photograph of one of his models.

"This, I hope, will answer many questions for people about where they come from. They come from that space between the legs that was home to us all," he explained.

Now he plans to paint the rest of the world's flags on women from every country to complete his 'Where is my Home?' exhibition.

Subject: Re: Artist answers the big question

Written By: ladybug316 on 11/07/10 at 11:43 am

What an idiot!  I know art is subjective but people will justify anything in the name of art  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...