inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Restaurant offers free food for fat diners

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/13/10 at 2:25 pm

Overweight diners at a US restaurant can now eat for free - if they weigh more than 25 stone.

The unusual promotion takes place at the appropriately-named Heart Attack Grill, in Chandler, Arizona.

Managers there have just hired a 43-stone Blair River to promote the special offer.

Aside from his weight, Mr River's love and enthusiasm for the food at the restaurant helped him to land the £66-an-hour modelling contract, which required him to shoot a YouTube commercial.

The Grill has a medical theme and customers are required to wear hospital gowns over their clothes as they are waited on by staff dressed in nurses' uniforms, serving up high calorie food like the Double Bypass Burger. No diet drinks are stocked.

Ironically, the restaurant is owned by former nutritionist Jon Basso, who used to run a chain of seven Jenny Craig weight-loss centres in Oklahoma.

Subject: Re: Restaurant offers free food for fat diners

Written By: snozberries on 11/13/10 at 3:43 pm

Heart Attack Grill... A taste to die for!!!

OMG THEY HAVE JOLT COLA!!! Next time I see my mom I'ma try their burger.... but fortunately... I don't get to eat for free...

Check for new replies or respond here...