inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: and now for something totally different..... Baby GaGa

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/11 at 2:59 pm

Store sells breast milk ice cream    ::)  8-P

Subject: Re: and now for something totally different..... Baby GaGa

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/26/11 at 6:10 pm

Do you know how hard it is to render me speechless?  Pretty damn hard!  I just have no words for this....

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/11 at 6:32 pm

Do you know how hard it is to render me speechless?  Pretty damn hard!  I just have no words for this....

;D 

don't know if you're friends Deb... but she was the one who initially posted this on facebook... I made a comment and now one of her friends is all up in arms about how uptight I am...

whatever dude Milk from a cow is not the same thing as breast milk from some random woman I don't care if we're all mammals!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/11 at 7:04 pm

OMG... Deb just told me that's her daughter!  ::)  Guess I'll stop poking that dragon!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/11 at 7:52 pm

OMG that's so funny!!!!

Deb just told me that her daughter hated being breast fed. It only lasted a couple days with her.

I told Deb that that's why she's taking it so personally now... she feels gypped out of that "special" bonding experience!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/11 at 9:19 pm

Wow. I really really offended her daughter.

Whatever. I don't wanna see people breastfeeding in public. Deal with it.

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/26/11 at 11:06 pm

I don't know Deb but that's just too bad about her daughter!  You're allowed to have an opinion.  I don't care how natural it is, so is earwax but if you mixed that into my meal I'm not eating it!  This is gross on so many levels, I cannot even process it. 

I'm sure you'll find someone who will dare to a friend to eat it, but really, how many guys will order breastmilk ice cream for dessert with a straight face?

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 1:37 am

I love u. You crack me up. I'm gonna use the earwax thing if u don't mine. It's destined to be a classic.

I shoulda said this before. Deb is greenjello

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/27/11 at 9:47 am

I love u. You crack me up. I'm gonna use the earwax thing if u don't mine. It's destined to be a classic.

I shoulda said this before. Deb is greenjello

Go ahead and use the earwax!

I don't know who Deb is and no offense to her, but I don't like green jello either. However, if the dessert choices are the natural breastmilk icecream or the processed green jello, I'm going for the jello!

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 9:51 am

Go ahead and use the earwax!

I don't know who Deb is and no offense to her, but I don't like green jello either. However, if the dessert choices are the natural breastmilk icecream or the processed green jello, I'm going for the jello!

same here... I only like red jello!!!!  green jello is too bitter for me... but yeah breast milk ice cream vs green jello? I'll go for the green jello every time.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/27/11 at 7:54 pm

I'm sure you'll find someone who will dare to a friend to eat it, but really, how many guys will order breastmilk ice cream for dessert with a straight face?

Sure, as long as it was run like those organic dairies.  You know, the kinds of organic farms where you can tour the place and visually examine the herd to confirm everyone's provided with a free range of opportunities for recreation and exercise.  I don't need to see the stuff being made, I just need to know everyone's happy.  You wouldn't need to show me a hundred acres of grassland, just let me stroll along a few hundred yards of beach, make sure the trampolines and volleyball nets are in good repair and in active use, and I'd be good.

I can see the sign already, rendered in tasteful blinking neon: "Two Sc00ps (an Ice Cream Parlor)", with the "00" part attracting customers by alternating between "oo", "00", and "OO"...

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/28/11 at 9:13 pm

Wow. I really really offended her daughter.

Whatever. I don't wanna see people breastfeeding in public. Deal with it.

I have no problem with women breatfeeding their BABIES in public but I DO NOT want to eat any products made with breast milk.  8-P  8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/28/11 at 10:22 pm

I have no problem with women breatfeeding their BABIES in public but I DO NOT want to eat any products made with breast milk.   8-P  8-P

Now that's the part I don't get - the being-grossed-out-by-it part. If it's so gross, why is it supposedly good to feed it to our kids, and for that matter, what about the first dude who tried to drink cow's milk?

Og: Og thirsty.  Got milk?
Ug: No, Og, we weaned Ook two moons ago.  Why you ask?
Og: Og thirsty.  Hungry too.
Ug: Well, there's that cow over there.
Og: Can't eat cow.  All out of pointy sticks.
Ug: No, no, no.  Not eat cow!  Pretend be baby cow!
Og: You eat silly-plant again today, Ug?
Ug: No eat silly plant!  Og just not thirsty enough!
Og: I show you who thirsty! 

~and with that, Og angrily slinks off on all fours to try and drink a feral cow's milkshake, somehow manages to pull it off without getting his head kicked in, and changes history~

In your defense, if this issue of Steve, Don't Eat It! is any indication, maybe that's the reason.  Bovines have more fat and lactose in their milk than primates, and there's some guy in the Yoo Hoo marketing department who's just had a heart attack.

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/11 at 10:34 pm

That who was the first has always confounded me foo.

Who saw a snail and thought wow that'd probably taste great sauteed in butter  8-P
Who pulled a mushroom outta the ground and thaught yum  ::)
Who saw an egg come out of a chicken and thought breakfast

I don't eat mushrooms or snails but I do eat eggs.

To me breast feeding is like blowing your nose. I know people do it buy I don't want to see / hear it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/28/11 at 11:39 pm

Who saw an egg come out of a chicken and thought breakfast

Now that guy, I can cut him some slack.  All he knew was that everything from birds to lizards to rodents liked to sneak into the nests of egg-laying species and chow down.  It's not like he had any way of knowing what he was really eating, right? 

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/01/11 at 12:06 pm

Now that's the part I don't get - the being-grossed-out-by-it part. If it's so gross, why is it supposedly good to feed it to our kids, and for that matter, what about the first dude who tried to drink cow's milk?

Og: Og thirsty.  Got milk?
Ug: No, Og, we weaned Ook two moons ago.  Why you ask?
Og: Og thirsty.  Hungry too.
Ug: Well, there's that cow over there.
Og: Can't eat cow.  All out of pointy sticks.
Ug: No, no, no.  Not eat cow!  Pretend be baby cow!
Og: You eat silly-plant again today, Ug?
Ug: No eat silly plant!  Og just not thirsty enough!
Og: I show you who thirsty! 

~and with that, Og angrily slinks off on all fours to try and drink a feral cow's milkshake, somehow manages to pull it off without getting his head kicked in, and changes history~

In your defense, if this issue of Steve, Don't Eat It! is any indication, maybe that's the reason.  Bovines have more fat and lactose in their milk than primates, and there's some guy in the Yoo Hoo marketing department who's just had a heart attack.

Well, it just seems strange and a bit to personal.   

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/02/11 at 10:09 pm

Well, it just seems strange and a bit to personal.   

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss301/I_C_Weener/Calvin___It__s_a_weird_life_by_acti.jpg

Dammit.  I just realized where I first got the idea for that post.  I was beaten to the punch by the absolute master, decades ago.

Check for new replies or respond here...