inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Online date goes horribly wrong

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/11 at 5:27 am

A Canadian man who arranged a blind date with a woman he met online had a shock - when she turned out to be his girlfriend.

The woman turned up, as arranged, for the date, at a coffee shop in Barrie, Ontario, but from there things went rapidly downhill.

First, she threw a cup of coffee in the man's face - then she slapped him for good measure, reports the Barrie Advance newspaper.

The 49-year-old woman was arrested by an off duty police officer who happened to be in the coffee shop. She is now awaiting a bail hearing.

There has yet to be any comment from either party following the altercation.

Subject: Re: Online date goes horribly wrong

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/08/11 at 5:33 am

A coffee facial?  ouch.  Although she had no right to be upset, as she was there to meet someone she was talking to on the internet too.  Hypocrite!

I was dating/sharing an apartment with a guy once that casually left a postcard on our kitchen table notifying him that his personal ad would appear on the local access channel dating hour.  Yeah, I was not very happy, but as things turned out, I should have let him do it, I would have been rid of him much easier, sooner and cheaper if I had.  Live and learn.

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/11 at 3:42 pm

A coffee facial?  ouch.  Although she had no right to be upset, as she was there to meet someone she was talking to on the internet too.  Hypocrite!

I was dating/sharing an apartment with a guy once that casually left a postcard on our kitchen table notifying him that his personal ad would appear on the local access channel dating hour.  Yeah, I was not very happy, but as things turned out, I should have let him do it, I would have been rid of him much easier, sooner and cheaper if I had.  Live and learn.

I wonder if maybe she didn't arrange the meeting on purpose ie set him up to believe she was someone else after she realized/found out he was trolling for women online.... if that's the case...if she set him up then he's totally at fault  (although assault is never a good resolution to a problem) 

Remember Escape, the Pina Colada song? I was always amazed that the two lovers could meet the way they did and instead of getting pissed at each other actually go forward and rekindle a dying relationship....

Written By: Dagwood on 05/08/11 at 5:57 pm

I wonder if maybe she didn't arrange the meeting on purpose ie set him up to believe she was someone else after she realized/found out he was trolling for women online.... if that's the case...if she set him up then he's totally at fault  (although assault is never a good resolution to a problem) 

That's how I understood the story.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/11 at 4:42 pm

If you like pina coladas...

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/07/11 at 4:45 pm

If you like pina coladas...

Dumped over your head?

Check for new replies or respond here...