inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Insurance firm staged orgy for staff

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/22/11 at 2:04 am

One of the biggest insurance companies in the world held an orgy to reward successful salesmen.

Ergo, a part of Munich Re - the world's biggest re-insurer, hired prostitutes for the 2007 party, reports the BBC.

The Roman-style orgy was held in the Hungarian capital Budapest's historic Art Nouveau thermal baths

A German business newspaper said the 20 prostitutes had worn colour-coded arm-bands designating their availability.

According to Handelsblatt, quoting an unnamed participant, guests were able to take the women to four-poster beds at the spa "and do whatever they liked".

"After each such encounter the women were stamped on the lower arm in order to keep track of how often each woman was frequented," the paper quoted the man as saying.

"The women wore red and yellow wrist bands. One lot were hostesses, the others would fulfil your every wish.

"There were also women with white wrist bands. They were reserved for board members and the very best sales reps."

Ergo said it regretted what had happened and that the party was a "serious violation" of company rules.

"The managers and board members responsible no longer work for us," a spokesman said.

Subject: Re: Insurance firm staged orgy for staff

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/22/11 at 2:36 pm

Charlie Sheen lost another job eh?  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/23/11 at 11:28 pm

Ah, the good old days. 

Remember when you could expense pretty much anything?

Takeaway LOLFED quote: "Also: 20 girls and 100 guests? That’s a lot of stamps, ick."

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/26/11 at 8:37 am

It's good to be the king.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/28/11 at 12:55 am

It's good to be the king.

After all, "At a certain level workers and customers can 'no longer be rewarded with money"

Der Spiegel: Business as Usual.  

Another takeaway quote: "'Rewards bind the interested parties and are therefore often the little connection to corruption, If a reward in the form of prostitution is taken, then a much easier potential for personal blackmail emerges.' But the person who arranges and pays for the sexual encounter is also at risk of blackmail."

Which explains Dominique Strauss-Khan, as well as the interesting proclivities of American politicians from Eliot Spitzer through to ... well, we never did find out who ensured that Jeff Gannon got his press pass in 2003 even though his news site "Talon News" didn't even exist yet.

The difference between wealth and power is the price of admission.  Anybody can get rich, but only people willing to cross the line get power.  Fine by me, as I don't give a fig for power, at least so long as the tens of thousands of those who have power are willing to let a hundred million or so of us get get rich.  Sucks for the other 3-5 billion out there in abject poverty, but none of us 100M have any more say in how they fare as the bottom 7B of us.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/11 at 4:31 pm

Gross.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cwm10.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/23/11 at 12:21 am

Obligatory pop culture parody: Dominique!

24a-Qb327ok

(OK, not exactly about the insurance company's sponsored orgy for the sales staff, but I love it anyways.)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 07/10/11 at 9:53 pm

I'd much rather have the money bonus instead of the party... but that's just me.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/12/11 at 12:09 am

I'd much rather have the money bonus instead of the party... but that's just me.   ;D

Preaching to the choir.  Like 99.9% of us, I'm about $10-100M short of being "at a certain level" at either.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/12/11 at 10:31 pm

I'd much rather have the money bonus instead of the party... but that's just me.   ;D

I'd take the bonus and buy myself a party!
8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/16/11 at 11:51 pm

I'd take the bonus and buy myself a party! 8)

So, ummm... Jackass or Elephant? :)

Back on topic, here's the epilogue to the thread.

"Insurance company Ergo lost several hundred customers after revelations about a sex orgy with employees and prostitutes in Budapest in 2007, the company head admitted Saturday."

Note that 'several hundred' probably means 'several hundred companies', not several hundred individuals.  The brand will likely survive, but it's certainly been amusing to follow their trip down the downward spiral.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/11 at 12:02 am

So, ummm... Jackass or Elephant? :)

Dead Man's
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/grim.gif

Back on topic, here's the epilogue to the thread.

They woke from a party and found they lost customers.  You always lose something if it's a good party:  Your wallet, your shoes, your shirt, your license, your car, your dog, your girlfriend, your TV, your stereo, your stash, your bottle, your mind, your virginity...
8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/17/11 at 12:41 am

They woke from a party and found they lost customers.  You always lose something if it's a good party:  

OK, so you lose your pants.  Good party.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o223/Mikey0001X/funny-pictures-cat-had-a-good-party.jpg

But was it a great party?
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/3/4/129122217496327371.jpg

Written By: King Tut on 08/04/11 at 4:11 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D Hilarious

I'm one that hopes Charlie Sheen gets together with Courtney Love. They both change careers and become TV evangelists. bwa haha!

Check for new replies or respond here...