inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Snake House

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 3:58 pm

http://finance.yahoo.com/loans/article/112850/idaho-foreclosure-snake-home

Yes there are snakes living in the walls Virgina but we can't kill 'em for God sakes the house has been featured on Animal Planet!!!!  ;D

Alright the above line is no where in the article. I made that part up but apparently two families have fled the house due to an infestation of garter snakes...  the first family got their story told on the news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs2g22APCQg

the second family was told the first family made up or exaggerated the stories  but they soon found out they weren't and had their story told by animal planet.

at any rate it's down right creepy!

but the best thing in the article? It's the paragraph I'm sure the writer threw in to see if readers were paying attention!  ;D

Possible buyers might include some guy with a flute and a turban, or maybe a slippery salesman looking to replenish his line of proprietary oil. More likely, though, Chase is going to be stuck with the Idaho snake house for a long time.  :D

Subject: Re: Snake House

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/02/11 at 8:20 pm

8-P

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 8:46 pm

8-P

yeah....that pretty much sums it up  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/02/11 at 9:14 pm

They need to burn this sucka to the ground!

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 9:16 pm

They need to burn this sucka to the ground!

but they can't cuz the home was on Animal Planet and now it'd be "bad business" to be shown burning a house down with live snakes inside....lol... the article actually says that!!!!

;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/02/11 at 10:40 pm

Sorry!  I didn't get a chance to read the article, I had only watched the clip!  I'd burn it down anyway!

Written By: snozberries on 06/02/11 at 11:07 pm

Sorry!  I didn't get a chance to read the article, I had only watched the clip!  I'd burn it down anyway!

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/03/11 at 6:53 am

If they can't burn it they can dismantle it.  I'd start with the siding.  If it is the only house like that I would have someone do a materials test to find out what is attracting them.  There has to be a reason they chose that house.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/03/11 at 7:07 am

Maybe the state can take it over and make it a conservancy of sorts!  Charge $1 admission and visitors can even leave with one of the little bastards as a souvenir!

Danoota is right - something must be attracting them there!  What the hell could it be?

Written By: wildcard on 06/03/11 at 10:52 am

You burn down the house and the snakes will go somewhere else.  Leave the snakes there.

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/11 at 6:16 pm

Maybe the state can take it over and make it a conservancy of sorts!  Charge $1 admission and visitors can even leave with one of the little bastards as a souvenir!

;D 

Danoota is right - something must be attracting them there!  What the hell could it be?

maybe the original owners put something in the walls to attract them to get out of paying the mortgage...

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/03/11 at 6:56 pm

Isn't there some kind of religous sect that does something with snakes?  Have them come in, catch a snake, get one free!  Extreme couponing - I got these here snakes all for the cost of one drive to Virginia!  What a bargain.

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/11 at 6:57 pm

Isn't there some kind of religous sect that does something with snakes?  Have them come in, catch a snake, get one free!  Extreme couponing - I got these here snakes all for the cost of one drive to Virginia!  What a bargain.

NICE!
;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/03/11 at 7:22 pm

That oughta do it!  :D

Written By: wildcard on 06/04/11 at 1:00 am

great idea!    yeah some special day in some sort of religon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/11 at 4:40 pm

Bread 'em and fry 'em up with a little garlic, salt, and butter.  Very tasty.  Could feed that family for years!
:)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/07/11 at 8:41 pm

See if Samuel L. Jackson has some free time coming up?  That man can open a can of whoop ass on them snakes on a plane, er house.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/07/11 at 9:10 pm

See if Samuel L. Jackson has some free time coming up?  That man can open a can of whoop ass on them snakes on a plane, er house.

;D Karma!

Written By: snozberries on 06/07/11 at 9:43 pm

;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 06/08/11 at 7:47 pm

There was a house (Fairly nice)  that was in the river bottoms, that had at one time been flooded and the owners moved out.  It was abandoned, and got infested with the legless creatures.    Not sure if bought or given away to move. And the story has two brothers (and yes this is local, I AM awfully close to MO)  got lickered up and then went in and cut the house in half with chainsaws (cutting all sorts of snakes) and jacked it up and moved it on semi trailers.  Snakes dropping out of it all the way down the road. 

Putting the house together....  I wonder if it still has a problem with the infestation - TORCH IT!

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/09/11 at 7:11 pm

Holy crap!  Only in the south!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/09/11 at 8:59 pm

Isn't there some kind of religous sect that does something with snakes?  

Snake handling  

Indeed, Pentecostals in the Southern U.S.  BUT you want big nasty rattlesnakes to prove the power of the Holy Spirit.  Garter snakes aren't going to impress the congregation.  That would be akin to lion-taming with a tabby!
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...