inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scottish SPCA helps bull remove head from ladder

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/19/11 at 1:31 am

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54645000/jpg/_54645279_cowinladder464.jpg

An animal charity has rescued a bullock in South Ayrshire which got its head stuck in a ladder.

Members of the public called the Scottish SPCA after spotting the bewildered beast in a field beside the Troon to Barassie road last month.

An inspector contacted the farmer who owned the Belgian Blue bullock and helped return it to the herd unharmed.

The farmer, who recently took on the lease to the land, said he had no idea how the ladder ended up in the field.
'Surprisingly calm'

Scottish SPCA Inspector Kerry Kirkpatrick contacted the farmer after being alerted to the animal's plight.

He said: "When the job came through my first thought was, this is a wind up, but I arrived at the field to find the cow looking confused but surprisingly calm despite having his head wedged tightly in between the rungs of the ladder.

"The farmer's family rounded up the whole herd into a holding pen and we managed to gently pull the ladder off the cow's head.

"The farmer had no idea how the ladder ended up in his field as he only recently took on the lease for the land. It may have been used to patch up a hole in the fence or it could have fallen off a passing van or lorry. Either way, it's a rescue I won't forget in a while."

Subject: Re: Scottish SPCA helps bull remove head from ladder

Written By: wildcard on 08/19/11 at 5:36 pm

While the farmer wonders how the ladder got there, I'm wondering what could have gotten the bull to get it's head stuck

Written By: gibbo on 08/20/11 at 1:31 am

While the farmer wonders how the ladder got there, I'm wondering what could have gotten the bull to get it's head stuck

He was probably just trying to get ahead climbing the ladder to success!!! ;)

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/11 at 8:29 pm

sounds like bull to me

Written By: gibbo on 08/20/11 at 10:13 pm

sounds like bull to me

... it can't be udder nonsense then!  ;)

Written By: wildcard on 08/20/11 at 10:58 pm

Bologna

Written By: karen on 08/26/11 at 3:34 pm

Wonder if it's related to a bull that fell into the river twice in the same week.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Crew-run-angry-bull-turns-rescuers/story-13200863-detail/story.html

Check for new replies or respond here...