inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lingerie stolen from Sadie The Bra Lady

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/11 at 12:35 pm

More than £10,000 worth of lingerie and equipment has been stolen from a shop in County Durham.

Around 300 bras and 100 pairs of "best-selling" underwear were stolen from Sadie The Bra Lady shop in Consett.

Burglars broke in through the roof of the shop on the night of Friday, 26 August with rain causing damage to the shop.

Police are appealing for witnesses or information on the whereabouts of the lingerie.

Sadie Ayton, 74, who owns the chain, said this burglary was the worst thing that had happened to her business.

She said: " gutted, I didn't know what on earth to do. I'm still in shock."

Burglars broke into the shop through the roof of the building with rain coming into the shop overnight.

Mrs Ayton said: "It was like Niagara falls coming through the opening in through the roof. There was about two gallons on the carpet."

The thieves seemed to have targeted certain items over others.

Mrs Ayton said: "They've taken all the relevant sizes which are the best-sellers, the luxury ones plus the thongs to match.

"They've picked the average sizes - medium and large - and they've picked all of the white out and white is the best-seller."

The business also had her laptop and projector stolen in the burglary.

Subject: Re: Lingerie stolen from Sadie The Bra Lady

Written By: King Tut on 09/02/11 at 1:34 pm

More than £10,000 worth of lingerie and equipment has been stolen from a shop in County Durham.

Around 300 bras and 100 pairs of "best-selling" underwear were stolen from Sadie The Bra Lady shop in Consett.

Burglars broke in through the roof of the shop on the night of Friday, 26 August with rain causing damage to the shop.

Police are appealing for witnesses or information on the whereabouts of the lingerie.

Sadie Ayton, 74, who owns the chain, said this burglary was the worst thing that had happened to her business.

She said: " gutted, I didn't know what on earth to do. I'm still in shock."

Burglars broke into the shop through the roof of the building with rain coming into the shop overnight.

Mrs Ayton said: "It was like Niagara falls coming through the opening in through the roof. There was about two gallons on the carpet."

The thieves seemed to have targeted certain items over others.

Mrs Ayton said: "They've taken all the relevant sizes which are the best-sellers, the luxury ones plus the thongs to match.

"They've picked the average sizes - medium and large - and they've picked all of the white out and white is the best-seller."

The business also had her laptop and projector stolen in the burglary.

I think the thieves stole them,  brought them to OHIO and threw them on trees  (see my post in "Life on Mars under the subject heading "Hundreds of panties turn up along Ohio road")

Check for new replies or respond here...