inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Road legal F1 car turns heads

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/11 at 10:32 am

http://web.orange.co.uk/images/ice/quirkies/f1_car_rex.jpg

An Essex engineer has stunned other motorists after creating a completely road legal F1 car.

Russ Bost's custom-built mean machine is capable of 0 to 60mph in three seconds and can reach 170mph.

But unlike a real Formula One car, his version can be snapped up for a mere £10,000 and does 30 miles to the gallon.

Mr Bost calls the finished vehicle, which can legally be driven on British roads, Furore F1.

He said: "I get so many funny looks when I am out and about in it and I often get people asking me if it is a real Formula One car.

"I have had the occasional boy racer revving at the lights. I let them drive off then I pass them a second or so later anyway. I don't want to encourage bad driving."

The Furore F1 was made entirely from spare parts, with an engine from a 1,400cc Kawasaki motorbike engine.

Meanwhile, the gears and brakes come from an old Toyota MR2 that Mr Bost, from Benfleet, picked up for £300.

As well as building one for himself, he has also built a number of the two-seater cars for enthusiasts from as far afield as the US and Canada.

Check for new replies or respond here...