inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Boxing champ Valuev joins hunt for Siberian yeti

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/11 at 10:07 am

At seven feet tall (2.13m) and 23 stone (146kg), Valuev was the tallest and the heaviest boxing champion in history.

The man called the "Beast from the East" is in Siberia to track down another beast, the yeti.

There are said to have been several sightings in the mountains of Kemerovo Region in recent years.

In 2009, local hunters witnessed what they described as "hairy humanoid creatures" near the Azass Cave in Mount Shoriya.

The creatures were said to be about six feet tall. Veritable midgets compared to Mr Valuev.

But big enough, and mysterious enough, to be dubbed the "Siberian Snowman".

It's a story which has captured the boxer's imagination - but does he really believe he'll bump into bigfoot?

"I'm only going to be here for two days, " Nikolai said on a crackly mobile phone connection from the expedition convoy.

"And I believe that miracles only happen at Christmas time. I doubt whether the yeti is going to run into the road and greet our truck with open arms. But I'll let you know if I see anything."

A spokesman for the Kemerovo regional administration said that the boxer was keen to "talk to the yeti about life". That may prove difficult.

This isn't the first expedition to look for Siberian snowmen.

A number of scientists in Kemerovo have been exploring the region, searching for large footprints and other signs of yeti life.

There are plans for a Yeti Institute and an international Yeti Conference.

And what about Nikolai Valuev's own plans, once this expedition is over?

He retired following the loss of his WBA crown to Britain's David Haye. Is he considering a return to the ring?

"I've been thinking about that, " Nikolai told me, "But I don't want to make any announcements yet."

For now, he's focused on finding himself a yeti. It's bigfoot before boxing.

Subject: Re: Boxing champ Valuev joins hunt for Siberian yeti

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/16/11 at 12:07 am

Too many punches to the head :D

Written By: King Tut on 09/16/11 at 12:17 am

Floats like a butterfly
Stings like I bee
I'm gonna catch myself
A big Yeti.

(Believe me, it sounds a whole lot better in the local Siberian dialect)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/11 at 2:21 am

Floats like a butterfly
Stings like I bee
I'm gonna catch myself
A big Yeti.

(Believe me, it sounds a whole lot better in the local Siberian dialect)

Плута као лептир
Убода као да сам пцела
Ја ћу се ухватити
Велики Јети.

Translated into Serbian, does it sound better now?

Check for new replies or respond here...