inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Alabama company turns gun lovers' ashes into ammunition

Written By: King Tut on 10/01/11 at 4:28 pm

Two Alabama game wardens have devised a smoking send-off for avid hunters and gun enthusiasts: For a small fee, the pair will turn cremated ashes into ammunition that the deceased's loved ones can fire at will.       Holy Smoke LLC has serviced only two clients since launching in July, but founders Thad Holmes and Clem Parnell said they have seen an uptick in prearrangements thanks to word-of-mouth and a recent flurry of international press.

"It's about celebrating life," Holmes, a 16-year state conservation officer, said on Friday. "We know how strange it sounds to people who aren't comfortable around guns, but for those who are, it's not weird at all."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think we now have part of a script for a sequel of "Deliverance"  :P

Subject: Re: Alabama company turns gun lovers' ashes into ammunition

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/01/11 at 9:36 pm

I respectfully disagree.  What's wrong with going out with a bang?

v9ReDDDC0Rg

If being turned into fireworks was good enough for Hunter S. Thompson, then being fired downrange is good enough for most of the rest of us.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/02/11 at 1:23 am

You can take Uncle Zeke out duck huntin' one last time, just like you promised!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/duckie.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/11 at 6:12 am

I respectfully disagree.  What's wrong with going out with a bang?

v9ReDDDC0Rg

If being turned into fireworks was good enough for Hunter S. Thompson, then being fired downrange is good enough for most of the rest of us.

I was thinking the same thing  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...