inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wealthy father offers $63-million to man who will marry lesbian daughter

Written By: warped on 09/29/12 at 6:21 am

A father's public plea for a man — any man, as long as he's "generous and kind-hearted" — to marry his daughter has captivated the Internet.
And it's not just because dowries have been out of fashion around most of the world for many, many years.

As the Telegraph reports, wealthy Hong Kong businessman Cecil Chao Sze-tsung is offering CAD$63-million to any member of the male sex who manages to lure his lesbian daughter, Gigi Chao, away from her female partner of seven years.

"Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks," her father tells the South China Morning Post. "She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work."

Never mind that the younger Chao, 33, is reported to have entered a civil partnership with longtime girlfriend, Sean Eav, last April. Chao's Facebook page shows dozens of pictures of the pair in various international settings.

And never mind that Chao's père, who never married himself, seems to also enjoy the company of ladies, having boasted of "intimate relations" with around 10,000 of them in his time.

Instead, the 76-year-old property tycoon hopes the financial incentive will appeal to an entrepreneurial man, either "rich or poor" who "has the talent but not the capital to start his own business."

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/wealthy-father-offers-63-million-man-marry-lesbian-165739531.html

Subject: Re: Wealthy father offers $63-million to man who will marry lesbian daughter

Written By: snozberries on 09/29/12 at 10:23 am

It's sad the dad won't/can't accept his daughter the way she is and be happy that she's happy.... having said that....

If I were Gigi I would be worried about my inheritance what if dad is so displeased he decides to write me out of the will... I'd broker a deal with a pal... 50/50 split...we fake it til dad dies then I take my half of the money run back to my civil partner....  just sayin.  :-\\ 

Subject: Re: Wealthy father offers $63-million to man who will marry lesbian daughter

Written By: warped on 09/29/12 at 3:03 pm

If I were Gigi I would be worried about my inheritance what if dad is so displeased he decides to write me out of the will... I'd broker a deal with a pal... 50/50 split...we fake it til dad dies then I take my half of the money run back to my civil partner....  just sayin.  :-\\

This is pretty much what I would do if I were her. Everybody wins.
Dad will think she 's straight, she gets the inheritance, some guy gets lucky & loads of money, and Gigi returns to her civil partner (who she can see on the side anyways, why not?)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/12 at 11:31 pm

Get hitched and fool around like everybody else does.  63 mil buys a lot of alibis!
8)

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00340/113782097_gigi_340041c.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/30/12 at 12:07 am

This is pretty much what I would do if I were her. Everybody wins.
Dad will think she 's straight, she gets the inheritance, some guy gets lucky & loads of money, and Gigi returns to her civil partner (who she can see on the side anyways, why not?)

This.  She's cute, too, but for $31.5M, I think I could manage not to ask to watch :)

Written By: warped on 09/30/12 at 6:44 am

Yeah, she's cute. Agreed.

More from the story:

"Gigi Chao, the daughter of a Hong Kong billionaire says she had been bombarded with marriage proposals – and even nude photographs – from as far as Nigeria after her father offered £40 million to the man who could woo her. It has sparked a deluge of offers. Speaking on Thursday Ms Chao, 33, said she had received about 200 proposals and that the number of people following her on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook had jumped by 1,500 since her father's announcement.

"People are contacting me on Facebook, by email, on Twitter. It's ridiculous. I can't sort out the serious proposals from the half-hearted ones. I can't make head or tail of it," she told The Daily Telegraph.

Get hitched and fool around like everybody else does.  63 mil buys a lot of alibis!
8)

The Steve Miller Band ~ Take The Money And Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/12 at 8:16 am

Yeah, she's cute. Agreed.

More from the story:

"Gigi Chao, the daughter of a Hong Kong billionaire says she had been bombarded with marriage proposals – and even nude photographs – from as far as Nigeria after her father offered £40 million to the man who could woo her. It has sparked a deluge of offers. Speaking on Thursday Ms Chao, 33, said she had received about 200 proposals and that the number of people following her on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook had jumped by 1,500 since her father's announcement.

"People are contacting me on Facebook, by email, on Twitter. It's ridiculous. I can't sort out the serious proposals from the half-hearted ones. I can't make head or tail of it," she told The Daily Telegraph.

The Steve Miller Band ~ Take The Money And Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU

Ooh she should take the one from Nigeria.  That Nigerian prince probably comes with his own bank roll  :D

Written By: Howard on 09/30/12 at 3:42 pm

This.  She's cute, too, but for $31.5M, I think I could manage not to ask to watch :)

aw c'mon take a peek Foo.  ;)

;D

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/12 at 5:58 pm

the more I think about it the more I'm willing to have a sex change and marry her myself!
;D

Written By: warped on 09/30/12 at 6:04 pm

the more I think about it the more I'm willing to have a sex change and marry her myself!
;D

But as a Lesbian she might like the old you better...  ;D

Heck, if I wasn't married and had nothing better to do, she's cute and I get 63 mil from this?  I'd be in line too. 

Written By: snozberries on 09/30/12 at 6:10 pm

Heck, if I wasn't married and had nothing better to do, she's cute and I get 63 mil from this?  I'd be in line too.

yeah but I'm thinking dad won't take my word for it if I dress like a dude (otherwise she could've just gotten her partner to pass as a dude)

Written By: warped on 09/30/12 at 6:12 pm

yeah but I'm thinking dad won't take my word for it if I dress like a dude (otherwise she could've just gotten her partner to pass as a dude)

Yeah, the father might ask for a gender test.
Howard should get in on this. He gets a girl And 63 million dollars, he won't have to work at Pathmark any longer. And he likes Chinese food.

Written By: Katluver on 09/30/12 at 7:43 pm

lol...desperate much?

Written By: Howard on 10/01/12 at 7:03 am

put me in line too.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/12 at 7:04 am

Yeah, the father might ask for a gender test.
Howard should get in on this. He gets a girl And 63 million dollars, he won't have to work at Pathmark any longer. And he likes Chinese food.

you got that right I mean for $8.95 an hour who cares anymore. They could take that and shove it up their ass!  :P

Written By: warped on 10/01/12 at 8:09 am

you got that right I mean for $8.95 an hour who cares anymore. They could take that and shove it up their ass!  :P

;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/02/12 at 7:51 pm

aw c'mon take a peek Foo.  ;)

;D

Y'know what I'd do if I had $31.5M?

Right.  Two different chicks at once, and I'd have $30.5M left over.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/12 at 7:08 am

If I had to marry her shouldn't I be gay, ??? Why would a straight man marry a lesbian? ???

Written By: warped on 10/03/12 at 7:20 am

If I had to marry her shouldn't I be gay, ??? Why would a straight man marry a lesbian? ???

OK then: If you were gay, why would a gay man marry a lesbian?  Still no action going on between the two of you.

Honestly, the father "hopes" this guy will lure her away from her partner and eventually she'll be "changed" into a straight person.
Good luck, but that probably won't happen.

Homer Simpson ""I guess some people never change. Or, they quickly change and then quickly change back"

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 10:08 am

to get 63 million dollars.....

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/12 at 10:20 am

OK then: If you were gay, why would a gay man marry a lesbian?  Still no action going on between the two of you.

;D

Honestly, the father "hopes" this guy will lure her away from her partner and eventually she'll be "changed" into a straight person.
Good luck, but that probably won't happen.

Homer Simpson ""I guess some people never change. Or, they quickly change and then quickly change back"

I said it before but it's too bad the dad can't/won't accept her as she is.....on the bright side he's old so if she wants the money she wouldn't have to fake it for long.....then again people say money isn't everything (I disagree) so if she doesn't care about the money she should just go on and live her life as she wants.

Of course we I am applying the community property laws of the US here and assume she'd get half....but they probably don't have community property laws in China. 

I also assume the father is planning on writing his daughter out of the will otherwise why should it matter to her one way or the other...in fact, if the dad intends to keep her in the will it's in her best interest to not get married....more money for her.  But If dad plans on writing her out of the will unless she gets married then she "wins" only if she marries...

Written By: Howard on 10/03/12 at 7:33 pm

to get 63 million dollars.....

With the 63 million dollars I'd sure have a field trip with her. Then she can bring back one of her girlfriends to the house.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...