inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Connecticut man shoots burglar dead, turns out to be own son.

Written By: warped on 10/02/12 at 7:39 am

A Connecticut man responding to his sister's call for help during an apparent burglary at her home next door, shot and killed a masked intruder who turned out to be his own teenage son, state police said on Friday.

Tyler Giuliano, 15, was wearing a ski mask and appeared to be armed when he was shot on Thursday by his father, who authorities declined to identify, said Lieutenant J. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police.

The father's sister, who lives next door, was home alone before 1 a.m. when she called him to report someone trying to break into her home. The father went over to investigate and was approached by a masked person dressed entirely in black and holding a shiny object, police said in a statement.

"Believing the suspect was armed with a weapon and about to attack him, the (father) discharged his personal handgun at the suspect," police said in the statement.      Giuliano was pronounced dead at the scene.

"(He) was lying on the ground in the driveway with obvious gunshot injuries, holding a weapon," the statement said.

Vance declined to further describe the weapon.  Authorities seized the father's gun, were investigating whether it is registered and will consult with the state's attorney to determine if any charges will be filed, Vance said.

Police also were investigating why the teen, who has no criminal history, was outside his aunt's home.

"We truly don't know. We'll look at the family dynamics, (his) school locker, cell phone, computer to figure out what's going on," Vance said.

http://www.legaljuice.com/oops_sign.jpg

Subject: Re: Connecticut man shoots burglar dead, turns out to be own son.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/02/12 at 10:31 am

Truly tragic story.  I just can't figure out why the son was wearing a ski mask.  :( 

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/02/12 at 8:55 pm

Truly tragic story.  I just can't figure out why the son was wearing a ski mask.  :(

Parent mistakes child for intruder after child tries to quietly unlock door and slip into bed at 1:00 am after having partied hard well-past curfew?  Tragic.

http://i49.tinypic.com/9a5jt4.gif

Sneaking into your sister's home (maybe your own? do we know which home was the one in which the son lived?) next door, while wearing a ski mask, knowing that your next-door neighbor is your Dad, and he's armed, takes it out of the realm of tragedy and into the realm of farce.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/03/12 at 10:59 am

Parent mistakes child for intruder after child tries to quietly unlock door and slip into bed at 1:00 am after having partied hard well-past curfew?  Tragic.

http://i49.tinypic.com/9a5jt4.gif

Sneaking into your sister's home (maybe your own? do we know which home was the one in which the son lived?) next door, while wearing a ski mask, knowing that your next-door neighbor is your Dad, and he's armed, takes it out of the realm of tragedy and into the realm of farce.

My dad nearly shot my sister once.  One night when she was 15, she climbed out her window to go and sneak out with her friends.  Meanwhile, my older sister came home from work, and looked in to check on everyone before she went to bed.  She saw Alixes bed empty and the window open and promptly went into hysterics thinking she'd been kidnapped.  My dad grabbed his gun and went running out the back door only to see my sister outside her window smoking a cigarette.  Meanwhile, her friends were running down the street hoping they wouldn't get caught.  Funny now...not as funny at the time...but eerily similar to this story. 

Written By: karen on 10/09/12 at 11:51 am

Tyler Giuliano, 15, was wearing a ski mask and appeared to be armed when he was shot on Thursday by his father, who authorities declined to identify, said Lieutenant J. Paul Vance, a spokesman for the Connecticut State Police.

Now they've named the son what is the point in not naming the father?  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/12 at 7:33 pm

Now they've named the son what is the point in not naming the father?  ???

Dad's name is Jeffrey Giuliano.  He teaches fifth grade.
:(

Written By: danootaandme on 10/10/12 at 5:00 pm

Dad's name is Jeffrey Giuliano.  He teaches fifth grade.
:(

:o

Doesn't matter what the circumstances, this has to be the worst nightmare any parent can have.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/12 at 11:44 pm

:o

Doesn't matter what the circumstances, this has to be the worst nightmare any parent can have.

I'm not a parent myself, so I can only imagine the heartbreak.  It's as bad as the story from Methuen a few years ago when the guy ran over his five year old daughter with his truck because she was playing in a pile of leaves in the driveway and he didn't see her.
:\'(

Written By: Howard on 10/11/12 at 7:36 am

I'm not a parent myself, so I can only imagine the heartbreak.  It's as bad as the story from Methuen a few years ago when the guy ran over his five year old daughter with his truck because she was playing in a pile of leaves in the driveway and he didn't see her.
:\'(

Wow that's sad. :(

Written By: JaxRhapsody on 11/07/12 at 1:31 am

Hilarious.

Check for new replies or respond here...