inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NYC teen licks an entire subway railing for a buck

Written By: warped on 10/07/12 at 4:18 pm

On a dare, a kid in New York City licked an entire handrail at the entrance of the subway for a dollar -- and presumably all the benefits of YouTube stardom.

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/02/14187498-nyc-teen-licks-an-entire-subway-railing-for-a-buck?lite

Even though the rail licker exposed himself to as many as 300,000 microbes, he probably won’t get sick.

“I think the likelihood that he will get ill is very low. We all have bacteria in our mouth that are normal that will provide us with protection,” says Mary Jo Kasten, an assistant professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic. “If has fecal matter on it, maybe could get hepatitis A or another infection.”

Subject: Re: NYC teen licks an entire subway railing for a buck

Written By: Inertia on 10/08/12 at 1:44 pm

That is so gross. :[

Some people will do anything for fifteen minutes of fame.

Written By: Howard on 10/08/12 at 7:21 pm

Imagine all the germs that are hiding on that one pole.  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/12 at 7:37 pm

“If anyone dares you to lick anything in public, lick a toilet seat,” says Charles P. Gerba, a microbiologist at the University of Arizona. “It would be safer to lick a toilet than a handrail on a bus.”

I'll keep that in mind, Charlie!
8-P

Written By: Howard on 10/10/12 at 7:04 am

but imagine if it was wintertime and you were told to lick it:  :o

http://content8.flixster.com/question/64/39/29/6439294_std.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/12 at 11:55 pm

but imagine if it was wintertime and you were told to lick it:  :o

http://content8.flixster.com/question/64/39/29/6439294_std.jpg

I knew a kid that happened to, only he was about seventeen.  He was working for the maintenance dept. at the NH prep school where my stepmother works.  The kid was kind of slow, so the other guys in maintenance used to razz him.  One January day when the temperature was about three degrees Fahrenheit below the donut, Kirby said, "Hey, Paolo, we'll give you ten bucks if you go out and lick the dumpster.  So Paolo did it.  Got his tongue plumb stuck to the side of the dumpster he did.  Then Hab went out with some hot water from his thermos, dumped it all over Paolo's face to break the tongue adhesion.  Hab called Kirby a f**king azzh*le and called Paolo a f**king moron, and sent Paolo home for the afternoon.  Another maintenance kid who saw this related the story to me, and judging from what I knew of all three of those palookas, I wouldn't doubt that's how it went down.
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...