inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Urinating bandit ruins library books

Written By: warped on 12/12/12 at 8:00 pm

LEAMINGTON, Ontario, Dec. 12 (UPI) -- Workers at an Ontario library said a urinating bandit has caused about $5,000 in damage to the facility's books.

The Essex County Library branch in Leamington said the mystery culprit has urinated on the stacks several times during the past three weeks, most recently Monday, and each time damaged between 30 and 90 books, the Toronto Star reported Wednesday.

"As soon as they've been touched with a biohazard ... we would not circulate them to the public, they're destroyed," said Janet Woodbridge, chief librarian and chief executive officer of the Essex County Libraries. "You can't recover books."

Ontario Provincial Police have opened an investigation and library officials said security cameras will be installed in the coming weeks.

Subject: Re: Urinating bandit ruins library books

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/12/12 at 8:18 pm

Prostate problems?
???

Written By: Howard on 12/13/12 at 8:26 am

Prostate problems?
???

He needed to pee.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/12 at 7:43 pm

LEAMINGTON, Ontario, Dec. 12 (UPI) -- Workers at an Ontario library said a urinating bandit has caused about $5,000 in damage to the facility's books.

The Essex County Library branch in Leamington said the mystery culprit has urinated on the stacks several times during the past three weeks, most recently Monday, and each time damaged between 30 and 90 books, the Toronto Star reported Wednesday.

"As soon as they've been touched with a biohazard ... we would not circulate them to the public, they're destroyed," said Janet Woodbridge, chief librarian and chief executive officer of the Essex County Libraries. "You can't recover books."

Ontario Provincial Police have opened an investigation and library officials said security cameras will be installed in the coming weeks.

Dried out pee is harmless but the ick factor applies.
8-P

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/13/12 at 9:57 pm

I wonder what he was all pissed off about.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/13/12 at 10:45 pm

One of the libraries that I used to work at had after-hours book return built into the building.  Basically it was alot like deposit drawers for banks or post office box, you pull the handle and you slide the book into the building.  It was locked for as long as I can remember.  When I worked there, I found out that they had a problem with (the head librarian nicknamed him "The Mad Pisser") who... inserted a delicate part of his anatomy and um... peed all over everything that had been returned prior to his arrival.  Apparently it was a frequent enough occurance to warrant locking the drawer completely.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/12 at 11:56 pm

Obviously in the Medical Sciences section

Written By: Howard on 12/14/12 at 6:48 am

I wonder what he was all pissed off about.

his bladder.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/12 at 9:57 pm

One of the libraries that I used to work at had after-hours book return built into the building.  Basically it was alot like deposit drawers for banks or post office box, you pull the handle and you slide the book into the building.  It was locked for as long as I can remember.  When I worked there, I found out that they had a problem with (the head librarian nicknamed him "The Mad Pisser") who... inserted a delicate part of his anatomy and um... peed all over everything that had been returned prior to his arrival.  Apparently it was a frequent enough occurrence to warrant locking the drawer completely.

They could have used a strategically placed surveillance camera, but this would ensure the librarians would have to clean up wee-wee at least one more time.
::)

Written By: Howard on 12/15/12 at 7:07 am

He could've waited till he got home.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/12 at 9:06 pm

He could've waited till he got home.

You mean checked out some books and peed on them at his leisure?
:P

Written By: Howard on 12/16/12 at 7:30 am

You mean checked out some books and peed on them at his leisure?
:P

then he put them back for others to check out at their time.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/12 at 7:31 am

He could've at least peed on one of those men's or women's magazines?  ;D

Written By: warped on 12/16/12 at 8:29 am

He could've at least peed on one of those men's or women's magazines?  ;D

Such as?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/12 at 12:01 pm

Such as?

Pee-ople Magazine

Written By: Howard on 12/16/12 at 1:34 pm

Such as?

Glamour? or GQ?

Written By: Howard on 12/16/12 at 1:34 pm

Pee-ople Magazine

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/16/12 at 5:01 pm

Such as?
Uri-national Enquirer

Check for new replies or respond here...