inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: China steps up invisibility research

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/13 at 12:43 pm

Scientists in China are developing technology that can make objects "disappear", which could have obvious military applications, it's been reported.

Hong Kong newspaper South China Morning Post says that the government in Beijing has funded dozens of research teams in the past few years on projects that might make things invisible to the naked eye or electronic sensors. The technology could eventually be used in stealth aircraft, but scientists concede this could be decades away as the technology would require "super materials" that cannot currently be manufactured. Last month, a team from Zhejiang University released a video showing an array of glass panels it had built which rendered some fish and a cat invisible, the newspaper said.

Despite the expectations of a Harry Potter-like cloak, it's likely that by-products of this research will be developed first. South China Morning Post says that one such device from the Zhejiang University researchers will allow weapons and possibly troops to avoid detection by heat or infra-red sensors. China's not the only country researching invisibility. Last month, US physicists said they were investigating a new ultra-thin, electronic system designed to make an object transparent at all angles and over broad bandwidths.

Subject: Re: China steps up invisibility research

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/25/13 at 10:26 pm

Oh. I didn't see this post.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/28/13 at 6:51 pm

THE NERDS SAW ME NAKED  :o :o :o

Written By: Howard on 12/29/13 at 3:55 pm

THE NERDS SAW ME NAKED  :o :o :o

;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/30/13 at 8:51 am

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/29/article-2530691-1A53E0DD00000578-471_634x475.jpg

The Chinese have already started.

Written By: Howard on 12/30/13 at 7:58 pm

Is this possible in the U.S.?  ???

Written By: warped on 12/30/13 at 8:03 pm

Is this possible in the U.S.?  ???

Maybe they are doing this with Pathmark Cart keys, that's why no one can find any  :D

Written By: Howard on 12/30/13 at 8:40 pm

Maybe they are doing this with Pathmark Cart keys, that's why no one can find any  :D

HA HA! ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...