inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Replica Ghostbusters car stops the traffic

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/14 at 3:35 am

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/75059000/jpg/_75059814_75059809.jpg

There's something strange in the neighbourhood in Surrey - a replica of the 1959 Cadillac ECTO-1 ambulance from the movie Ghostbusters.

Its owner, Banstead collector and dealer Milton Homan, bought the traffic-stopping car five years ago.

"It was in pretty poor condition when I got it so it's been completely gone over," he said. "There was a lot of cost involved, but it was worth it.

"The reaction you get when you drive it is absolutely unbelievable."

He said he was driving the Cadillac round the M25 once and wondered why there was so little other traffic.

"I looked in the rear view mirror and every single coach, truck, bus and car behind was getting ready to take photos of it as they passed.

"It was like being David and Victoria Beckham."

Mr Homan said he loved the 1984 Ghostbusters film, about a trio of ghost hunters in New York.

"It is one I can watch time and time again and enjoy the plotline and the comedy from what were amazing Hollywood comedy geniuses," he said.

"The car was not in the movie, but I suppose it's a homage movie car."

Mr Homan now needs more space and has put the Cadillac up for sale.

He said the £175,000 price tag was "a bit tongue-in-cheek".

"I just thought it would be fun to see what sort of response there is," he said.

"It would be really really heart-wrenching to let it go. It's a great car and I love driving it."

Check for new replies or respond here...