inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Teen stalker sent girl 11,000 messages in a month

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/14 at 6:36 am

There’s only one way to deal with a love affair gone wrong, and that’s to walk away with dignity. That’s not something that came naturally to Scott Kinsey.

Kinsey, 19, began messaging his crush in the way that any teenager would. Katie Hawkins initially responded to his texts, but soon made it clear that she was not interested in a relationship.

Rather than cut his losses and move on, Kinsey attempted to cling to whatever fleeting connection they had by sending Ms Hawkins 7,791 texts and 3,619 messages on Facebook in the space of a month.

The texts sent by Kinsey, of Flamborough, Yorkshire, soon became sexually abusive and threatening. After Ms Hawkins informed the police Kinsey still managed to harass her by enlisting a friend’s phone, sending a further 44 texts.

‘On the one hand it was childlike and naive,’ Judge Michael Mettyear told Kinsey. ‘On the other it was frightening and disgusting.’

The judge sentenced Kinsey to 12 months in a young offenders’ institution.

Subject: Re: Teen stalker sent girl 11,000 messages in a month

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/14 at 8:32 pm

There’s only one way to deal with a love affair gone wrong, and that’s to walk away with dignity. That’s not something that came naturally to Scott Kinsey.

Kinsey, 19, began messaging his crush in the way that any teenager would. Katie Hawkins initially responded to his texts, but soon made it clear that she was not interested in a relationship.

Rather than cut his losses and move on, Kinsey attempted to cling to whatever fleeting connection they had by sending Ms Hawkins 7,791 texts and 3,619 messages on Facebook in the space of a month.

The texts sent by Kinsey, of Flamborough, Yorkshire, soon became sexually abusive and threatening. After Ms Hawkins informed the police Kinsey still managed to harass her by enlisting a friend’s phone, sending a further 44 texts.

‘On the one hand it was childlike and naive,’ Judge Michael Mettyear told Kinsey. ‘On the other it was frightening and disgusting.’

The judge sentenced Kinsey to 12 months in a young offenders’ institution.

I guarantee you one day we will be reading about this kid stalking/raping/killing a woman (or more)

Written By: snozberries on 05/31/14 at 8:33 pm

And who has time to send 11000 texts/FB messages. I can barely manage a few hundred. Jeez dude wtf

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/01/14 at 1:25 pm

I've had a cell phone for 5 years. I've only sent 200 messages. In FIVE YEARS.  :o

Written By: Howard on 06/01/14 at 3:33 pm

And who has time to send 11000 texts/FB messages. I can barely manage a few hundred. Jeez dude wtf

That's crazy, they have too much time to spare.

Written By: snozberries on 06/01/14 at 7:56 pm

Too bad there isn't a dating website for stalkers.

They could meet online fall head over heels and stalk each other to their hearts content and leave us normal folks alone  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...