inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ‘Dad of the Year’ Dresses as Elsa to Take Daughter to ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/28/15 at 6:53 pm

https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w500/e1e5a6829534b2c76eeb9e19a3e4d2b0f4ca25e2.jpg

‘Dad of the Year’ Dresses as Elsa to Take Daughter to ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along

Photo via Reddit User Pakmal1

One dad is willing to go the extra mile to make his daughter happy — dressing up as Frozen’s Queen Elsa to her Olaf the snowman.

The pair were photographed en route to a London Frozen singalong, according to Reddit, where the pictures quickly rose to the front page and earned the dad plenty of praise. One person even dubbed him, “Dad of the Year.” The pic was viewed more than 1.5 million times on Imgur.

All the rage began when Reddit user Pakmal1 posted the above picture of a little girl dressed as Olaf the snowman and her father donning sparkly-blue Elsa garb — complete with a blonde wig and his undeniable bushy beard. The user captioned the photo: “It seemed like a fun idea,” likely poking a little fun at their less-than-thrilled expressions while in transit.

https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w500/ea42a07aa4b6d48952a3066cc2d93c0703018e64.jpg

Another Reddit user who goes by Wabbeyen posted a second photo taken at the Cheshunt National Rail station. This time, the little girl showed off a toothy grin. Dad, with his arm wrapped around his daughter, didn’t need to work the camera; his smirk and gown seemed to epitomize the lyrics of “Let it Go”: I don’t care what they’re going to say … let the storm rage on.

Little is known about this mystery Frozen family other than Wabbeyen commenting: “That is his daughter and they are going to a Frozen Sing Along in London. The dad is a really good tattoo artist and owns a tattoo parlour here.”

What is known: This dad deserves the praise for bonding with his daughter over their cosplay costumes, and the idea that his donning a dress while his daughter wears the pants is an afterthought.

When one commenter pointed out, “Not knocking on the dad for spending time with his daughter. But why didn’t the dad dress as the snow man and his daughter dress as Elsa?” another was quick to reply: “I actually…didn’t even think of that.”

Brought to you by Yahoo Lifestyle Network

Subject: Re: ‘Dad of the Year’ Dresses as Elsa to Take Daughter to ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 8:35 am

He is a hero!

Subject: Re: ‘Dad of the Year’ Dresses as Elsa to Take Daughter to ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/15 at 3:27 pm

Did you see the uncle who dressed like a princess to take his niece to see Cinderella?

She was afraid to wear her princess dress to the movies so he put one on too.

O0

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/15 at 3:29 pm

Did you see the uncle who dressed like a princess to take his niece to see Cinderella?

She was afraid to wear her princess dress to the movies so he put one on too.

O0

http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/width960/img/alphotos/photo/2015/03/23/uncle-in-princess-dress-9d6d630cfb695428.jpg

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/29/15 at 6:16 pm

I love that guys are willing to do this.  Heck, they may just decide to dress in a dress more often.  ;D :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/29/15 at 6:41 pm

I love that guys are willing to do this.  Heck, they may just decide to dress in a dress more often.  ;D :D

I agree. To me, they are REAL men. One thing my mother said to me that I agree whole heartily, is that when a man has to worry about his masculinity, then he has something to worry about.

I just think it is pitiful when a guy looks better in a dress than I do-and there are many out there who do.  :-[

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/30/15 at 2:09 pm

But wouldn't that be embarrassing?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 03/30/15 at 7:20 pm

But wouldn't that be embarrassing?  ???

The point is Howard it takes a strong man to get over a potentially humiliating moment.

His love for his daughter is stronger than his fear of how people perceive him.

Written By: Doc Brown on 03/30/15 at 11:13 pm

No wonder Kristof thinks "Reindeers Are Better Than People"!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...