inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Enraged US man shoots his malfunctioning computer

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/15 at 5:12 am

A man in the US city of Colorado Springs faces police action after becoming so frustrated with his computer that he took it outside and shot it eight times, police say.

"He was having technology problems, so he took it to the back alley and destroyed it," a police spokesman said.

Lucas Hinch was briefly detained for discharging a firearm within the city.

He did not realise he was breaking the law when he went "Wild West" on his machine, local media reported.

A judge is due to decide what penalty he will receive.

"He got tired of fighting with his computer for the last several months," police spokesman Jeff Strossner told the Colorado Springs Gazette.

The paper said that Mr Hinch "shot the darn thing" when ctrl+alt+delete - the traditional method used to re-boot computers - "consistently did not work" on Monday evening.

"He was able to wreak the kind of revenge most of us only dream about," the paper said. "The computer is not expected to recover."

Subject: Re: Enraged US man shoots his malfunctioning computer

Written By: Howard on 04/23/15 at 2:11 pm

He could've unplugged it instead of taking his anger out on the computer. ::)

Written By: Henk on 04/25/15 at 1:28 am

Although the story doesn't tell, I think it is safe to assume that he indeed unplugged the computer before taking his anger out on the darn thing. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/15 at 1:34 am

Although the story doesn't tell, I think it is safe to assume that he indeed unplugged the computer before taking his anger out on the darn thing. ::)
...unless the computer had a very long electric lead?

Written By: Howard on 04/25/15 at 6:59 am

I wouldn't shoot my computer with the electricity on.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/15 at 7:07 am

I wouldn't shoot my computer with the electricity on.
"...so he took it to the back alley and destroyed it". So it must had been switched off.

Check for new replies or respond here...