inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Serbian hermit gives away inheritance fortune

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/23/16 at 6:58 am

A Serbian woman living as a hermit inherited almost a million Australian dollars ($703,000, £490,000) from her husband - only to give it all away.

Marija Zlatic, 86, lives in a mud hut in mountainous eastern Serbia and heard five years ago that her estranged husband, living in Australia, had died.

She tasked a neighbour with finding out more information in 2011, and learned of her fortune late last year.

Marija has since donated all the money to the community that looks after her.

"I don't need my money," she told the B92 website (in Serbian). "It's enough for me to have bread, water and wood so I can keep warm in winter.

"Where I am going soon I do not need money, so I gave it away. They need it more."

Marija told the website she and her husband, Momcilo, moved to Guildford in Western Australia in 1956.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35385823

Subject: Re: Serbian hermit gives away inheritance fortune

Written By: WebTraveller on 01/23/16 at 7:02 am

A Serbian woman living as a hermit inherited almost a million Australian dollars ($703,000, £490,000) from her husband - only to give it all away.

Marija Zlatic, 86, lives in a mud hut in mountainous eastern Serbia and heard five years ago that her estranged husband, living in Australia, had died.

She tasked a neighbour with finding out more information in 2011, and learned of her fortune late last year.

Marija has since donated all the money to the community that looks after her.

"I don't need my money," she told the B92 website (in Serbian). "It's enough for me to have bread, water and wood so I can keep warm in winter.

"Where I am going soon I do not need money, so I gave it away. They need it more."

Marija told the website she and her husband, Momcilo, moved to Guildford in Western Australia in 1956.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35385823

Respect

Check for new replies or respond here...