inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So what do you think of the new set up?

Written By: Neo Matrix on 04/21/04 at 3:50 pm

I think it'spretty cool                                                                                                                                                                                                                          lame                                                                                                                                                                                                                        perfect                                                                                                                                                                                                  nice                                                                                                                                                                                                                               just doesn't feel right...                                                                                                                                                                                                                           as lovely as usual, but improved!

I'm an effects wizard! Or I'm simply bored...

Subject: Re: So what do you think of the new set up?

Written By: Dagwood on 04/21/04 at 7:27 pm

I like it.  It is a lot faster and the smilies are cool.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 04/21/04 at 7:30 pm

Lovin' It! ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/21/04 at 7:46 pm

I like the new software, but the smilies seem to be a bit fuzzy.  I like the old smilie images better.

Written By: Wicked on 04/21/04 at 7:55 pm

It's so different!  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/21/04 at 8:52 pm

I pretty much like it.I was kinda getting so used to the old boards a week ago.My post count of over 6,000 died and most of everything else but I really enjoy the board nonetheless.It might take me a while to get used to this one but overall,it's pretty easy as PIE!  ;D Whatever happened to Hairspray?  ???

Howard

Written By: NbC on 04/22/04 at 1:27 am

I like it...the only thing I would change is the color scheme.  But I am not complaining!!!  Love the fact that you can upload your avatars directly.  Such a Cool Feature!!!  Beats having to search around the net for pics.

Written By: Bobo on 04/22/04 at 1:29 am

As some of my rapster pals would say.. "WORD!"

I love my avatar (and for that matter the person in the avatar! *grin*) but I wouldn't have been able to find any pictures on the Internet.

Love the fact that you can upload your avatars directly.  Such a Cool Feature!!!  Beats having to search around the net for pics.

Written By: NbC on 04/22/04 at 1:38 am

As some of my rapster pals would say.. "WORD!"

I love my avatar (and for that matter the person in the avatar! *grin*) but I wouldn't have been able to find any pictures on the Internet.

Love the fact that you can upload your avatars directly.  Such a Cool Feature!!!  Beats having to search around the net for pics.

Is that your girlfriend Bobo.  She is very pretty. 

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/22/04 at 1:46 am

I like it...the only thing I would change is the color scheme.  But I am not complaining!!!  Love the fact that you can upload your avatars directly.  Such a Cool Feature!!!  Beats having to search around the net for pics.

And I see you used one of your own beautiful photographs, NbC!  8)

Written By: Bobo on 04/22/04 at 1:47 am

I'm agreed with that one, NbC!

I'm just glad I can upload other pics with this new set-up as well as the avatars available in the system.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/22/04 at 1:52 am

I like the new set-up a lot!  It has many cool features (once you get used to them).  A big improvement!  8)

Written By: Bobby on 04/22/04 at 6:06 am

Really has improved over the basic set-up of the previous board. It will take me a while to get used to it though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 9:14 am

I am with LyricBoy that I like the smileys on the old one better. But I really like that we can upload our own avitar (I just may do that in the future) and I REALLY like the spil keck-oops I mean spell check.  ;) It will take me a while to learn how to do everything.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 04/22/04 at 2:45 pm

:DI would like to see some sunset colors myself.But all i n all it's good!I want to know what the raNKING S ARE THOUGH.dOES IT SAY THAT SOMEWHERE?cHEERS!

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/22/04 at 6:18 pm

Its nice, its different, it'll take some getting used to, thats for sure! We do need some nicer colors though, it seems kinda bland.  I like it though!

Rio

Written By: Howard on 04/22/04 at 9:32 pm

I really enjoy it a lot! It will take some time to get used to. ;D

Howard

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/23/04 at 1:50 pm

I guess I kinda like it.  I didn't when I got first because, well, it didn't look quite as friendly as the old one.  But now that I see everyone I know and I'm starting to get used to this one I guess it's cool.

Written By: philbo on 04/23/04 at 2:06 pm

It's so much quicker, I think I'll forgive a lot of getting-used-to time :-)

It is a bit on the grey side, but give Chucky a chance to work out how things look best.

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/23/04 at 3:14 pm

I like the new setup, but it's gonna take me a min to adjust. I'm glad to see that everyone came back, I was starting feel a bit lonely :)

Written By: Howard on 04/23/04 at 5:44 pm

months from now,everyone will have forgotten that this was new.... :D

Howard

Written By: Bobo on 04/24/04 at 5:26 am

You make a good point, Howard, but at least nobody will have forgotten that this place is still the coolest place to hang out!

Written By: Ripp on 04/24/04 at 6:31 am

I had to register again. I dont think that's fair but i like the new layout and it was worth the wait :) this is the coolest now! Who likes fog?

Written By: Howard on 04/24/04 at 11:52 am

You make a good point, Howard, but at least nobody will have forgotten that this place is still the coolest place to hang out!

It sure is,Bobo,sure is! ;D

For 3 years now! :D

Howard

Written By: nally on 04/26/04 at 9:54 am

I like the new software, but the smilies seem to be a bit fuzzy.  I like the old smilie images better.

I agree totally. They look a little strange to me.

I'm not too fond of the grey motif, but I'll get used to it after awhile.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/26/04 at 10:36 am

I can actually change the smilies and add new ones fairly easily... if I can, I'll find the old set and swap them out at some point

the color scheme can be completely customized, and will probably be done at some point

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/26/04 at 12:54 pm

I can actually change the smilies and add new ones fairly easily... if I can, I'll find the old set and swap them out at some point

the color scheme can be completely customized, and will probably be done at some point

That would be great, Chucky!  I also prefer the old set of smilies.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/04 at 7:03 pm

I am starting to wonder if it is such a good idea having how long I have been logged on for. I am starting to realize exactly how much time I spend here.  :-\

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/26/04 at 10:00 pm

I'm enjoying it so far. ;D

Howard

Written By: nally on 04/27/04 at 11:06 pm

I do like the avatars, though. On the old board we didn't have a very big selection of avatars to choose from (unless we used a pic from a different site), but this time we do. That's one thing I like about this new setup.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/28/04 at 12:55 pm

I am starting to wonder if it is such a good idea having how long I have been logged on for. I am starting to realize exactly how much time I spend here.  :-\

Cat

I was thinking the same thing.  :-\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/28/04 at 6:07 pm

Only TWO things that I wish....the color of the board was a bit cheerier AND I wish our avatars could be just a little bigger...say 150x150....I'm going to be doing my annual Album a day in May and can't find any sites with covers that fit the 100x100....other than that I love this place, like always, Great Job, ChuckyG & Hairspray ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/04 at 7:31 pm

Only TWO things that I wish....the color of the board was a bit cheerier AND I wish our avatars could be just a little bigger...say 150x150....I'm going to be doing my annual Album a day in May and can't find any sites with covers that fit the 100x100....other than that I love this place, like always, Great Job, ChuckyG & Hairspray ;)

You can save the pics on your harddrive and then upload them-the program will resize them automatically (that's what I did for mine)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/28/04 at 8:25 pm

Cat

I was thinking the same thing.  :-\

Don't worry about total time logged in.I haven't spent 13 hours on here.That's just a stat!

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/29/04 at 10:40 am

I think 100x100 is actually bigger than the old software settings... while 150x150 wouldn't be too big on some monitors, on older computers with 800x600 screens, that would take 25% of the width of the screen to display the image.  Your best bet is to save the pictures to your hard drive and use the upload feature to resize it for you.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/29/04 at 3:16 pm

I think 100x100 is actually bigger than the old software settings... while 150x150 wouldn't be too big on some monitors, on older computers with 800x600 screens, that would take 25% of the width of the screen to display the image.  Your best bet is to save the pictures to your hard drive and use the upload feature to resize it for you.
I don't know about that, ChuckyG.  That dove I have in my sig line used to work as the avatar and it's bigger than 100x100....would I save that dove to my hard drive and then upload it?

Written By: nally on 05/05/04 at 9:58 am

I just noticed that you brought the old smilies back. Thanks! :D ;D :)

Written By: nally on 05/05/04 at 12:15 pm

I just noticed that you brought the old smilies back. Thanks! :D ;D :)

Darn, you changed them again! Personally I think they look weirder than the ones that were originally on this board.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/05/04 at 12:18 pm

I like the new smilies.  8)

Written By: nally on 05/05/04 at 12:31 pm

I like the new smilies.  8)

Okay, maybe some of them aren't bad, but the grin and the cheesy don't appeal to me. :-\

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/05/04 at 3:35 pm

You can save the pics on your harddrive and then upload them-the program will resize them automatically (that's what I did for mine)

Cat
Thanks, Cat :)

Written By: Howard on 05/05/04 at 8:58 pm

The smilies seem bigger than last time.Very Nice! :)

Howard

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/06/04 at 1:10 pm

Darn, you changed them again! Personally I think they look weirder than the ones that were originally on this board.

that's nothing... I've even hidden a couple new ones that don't show up on the top

hungrysmiley

Written By: nally on 05/06/04 at 1:55 pm

that's nothing... I've even hidden a couple new ones that don't show up on the top

hungrysmiley

It's ok...I already talked about them on another thread...the grin and the cheesy didn't used to be animated though. But I'll get used to them though. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/06/04 at 9:01 pm

The new setup could actually work. :)

Howard

Written By: annimal on 05/07/17 at 9:03 pm

white just seems to bug me. 

Check for new replies or respond here...