inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I seem to be popular lately

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 9:31 am

Well, yesterday I went (with another person) for a taping of a show on our local public access channel. We were talking about the national Post Office food drive that will be held in May. Since the other person is new to the organization (only about a month), she referred to me to answer the questions. Ok, I managed to get through that fairly painlessly and intact. Then when I got home, I received an e-mail from the local newspaper. This time it was about a fund-raiser that we are involved with and I ended up talking about a food distribution that we have coming up. The show should air sometime next week and the newspaper article hasn't come out yet.

I really seem to be the local celebrity these days.  :-   I am the kind of person who likes to be behind the scenes. It is kind of weird to be front and center-but I think that is because I am the one who knows what is going on.  ;)

Cat

P.S. I do love this spell check.  ;D

Subject: Re: I seem to be popular lately

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 04/22/04 at 9:37 am

It missed a word - "celebrity," not "celebrety." ;D ;) Oh well, not even a spell checker can be perfect! :)

Absolutely Vile

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 9:51 am

It missed a word - "celebrity," not "celebrety." ;D ;) Oh well, not even a spell checker can be perfect! :)

Absolutely Vile

yeah, the spell check isn't very good I'm afraid... I think there's still bugs in it

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 9:54 am

yeah, the spell check isn't very good I'm afraid... I think there's still bugs in it

yup... I just checked the bug list... it'll be fixed in the next version of the software.  Get this, it skips every other word... very odd bug!

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/22/04 at 2:35 pm

it looks like the spell check is fixed now... I just tried your post again as a test, and it also spotted another misspelling....

Of course, being the techie I am, I'm just focused on the issues of the site at the moment, but it's still pretty cool you're involved with charity work and well respected at that.  My father was just awarded the most valuable volunteer of the Central Mass. Red Cross this week, which I'm quite proud of him for.  Came right on his birthday, about two months after his near heart attack....

Written By: Bobo on 04/22/04 at 3:16 pm

Spell check's workin' great at the moment, Chuck!

Just been testin' it to see its intricacies, and it's working quite nice.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/22/04 at 5:02 pm

Well, yesterday I went (with another person) for a taping of a show on our local public access channel. We were talking about the national Post Office food drive that will be held in May. Since the other person is new to the organization (only about a month), she referred to me to answer the questions. Ok, I managed to get through that fairly painlessly and intact. Then when I got home, I recieved an e-mail from the local newspaper. This time it was about a fund-raiser that we are involved with and I ended up talking about a food distribution that we have coming up. The show should air sometime next week and the newspaper article hasn't come out yet.

I really seem to be the local celebrety these days.  :-   I am the kind of person who likes to be behind the scenes. It is kind of weird to be front and center-but I think that is because I am the one who knows what is going on.  ;)

Thats really great Cat. Good luck with everything.

SmithsGirl

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/22/04 at 7:30 pm

it looks like the spell check is fixed now... I just tried your post again as a test, and it also spotted another misspelling....

Of course, being the techie I am, I'm just focused on the issues of the site at the moment, but it's still pretty cool you're involved with charity work and well respected at that.  My father was just awarded the most valuable volunteer of the Central Mass. Red Cross this week, which I'm quite proud of him for.  Came right on his birthday, about two months after his near heart attack....

Spell check is working like a charm now. Thanks Chucky.

And you should be proud of your dad. WTG CHUCKY'S DAD!!!!

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/07/05 at 11:10 pm

Just thought I'd bump the very last thread on the PPP list ;D

OMG!! LOL! You don't know how many times I have contemplated doing that...just for sh!ts and giggles! LOL!

Erin :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/08/05 at 10:14 am

Just thought I'd bump the very last thread on the PPP list ;D

This proves that I am not popular anymore and drifted back into obsurity.  :-\\

Cat, just wanted to let you know you'll ALWAYS be popular with me :-*

AWWWWW, Thanks.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...