inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Barndoor Stink Bombs: Which one be da best?

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/23/04 at 3:08 pm

My vote goes to....Right Touch by NKOTB...anywhere than here I won't admit I like it.  :D

Subject: Re: Barndoor Stink Bombs

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/23/04 at 3:16 pm

I voted for Lets hear it for the boy! Although I hate to admit it, it's so catchy  ;D

SmithsGirl

Written By: Rush on 04/23/04 at 4:12 pm

Shiny Shiny - Haysi Fantayzee

Written By: duranchick on 04/23/04 at 4:13 pm

My vote goes to "Head to Toe".  I still listen to the Lisa Lisa cassette I have, although I have to admit it is usually in the car when I am alone.  My favorite all time Lisa Lisa song is "All Cried Out". 

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/23/04 at 4:17 pm

I had debated on whether or not to put Head to Toe or All Cried Out because its one of those tearjerker songs. (BTW I like most of the songs Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam did) :)

Written By: JennParkandKyan on 04/23/04 at 4:18 pm

I think you mean The right stuff ;D

Written By: Bobby on 04/23/04 at 4:22 pm

"Let's hear it for the boy
Let's give the boy a haaannnddd . . ."

I voted for the Denise William's hit. The bass is so funky.

Written By: Huw on 04/23/04 at 5:00 pm

Well, I voted for Right Said Fred. But I must admit I have a soft spot for like Haysi Fantayzee. Though my vote would go to their hit, 'John Wayne Is Big Leggy'.

Huw

Written By: Bobby on 04/23/04 at 5:14 pm

Well, I voted for Right Said Fred. But I must admit I have a soft spot for like Haysi Fantayzee. Though my vote would go to their hit, 'John Wayne Is Big Leggy'.

Huw

Yes that is the Haysi Fantayzee hit I remember, Huw. 'Shot gun - gimme gimme low down fun boy - o.k showdown'.  :D

Written By: Rush on 04/23/04 at 9:00 pm

Huw

YAY!!! Another good choice.

Written By: wilma917 on 04/23/04 at 9:16 pm

My vote would be Let's hear it for the Boy, but I still love Baby Got Back (and I have no problem admitting that one!)

I also love All Cried Out by Lisa Lisa

Written By: woops on 04/23/04 at 9:47 pm

Though I like Lisa Lisa & "Baby Got Back", "Shiny Happy People"...

I voted other: Debbie Gibson "Foolish Beat"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/24/04 at 1:11 am

I hadda vote for "Baby Got Back."  Tee hee hee.
::)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/24/04 at 7:31 pm

Right Said Fred - Too Sexy.

Written By: pennsygirl on 04/26/04 at 6:45 am

I had a hard time deciding between Let's Hear it for the Boy, and Head to Toe, but I"ll have to go with Let's Hear it for the Boy. It's just a "feel good" song.

Written By: eightiesfan on 04/26/04 at 8:14 am

Don't Worry Be Happy would also make my list!  ;D

Written By: JennParkandKyan on 04/26/04 at 9:26 am

Get outta my dreams, get into my car by Billy Ocean

Written By: Trip on 04/26/04 at 1:09 pm

Sorry but, Baby Got Back and Shiny Happy People came out in 1992, and Too Sexy came out in 91.  They aren't really 80's songs.  Also, I say Talking Heads had some great songs in the 80's.

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/26/04 at 1:19 pm

Oops, my fault. Next time I need to be more careful.

Sorry but, Baby Got Back and Shiny Happy People came out in 1992, and Too Sexy came out in 91.  They aren't really 80's songs.  Also, I say Talking Heads had some great songs in the 80's.

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/26/04 at 2:10 pm

I had to vote for Baby Got Back, my friends and I love that song. Probably because we all have what Mix A Lot is talking about!! :D :D

Rio

Written By: Bobby on 04/26/04 at 4:33 pm

Get outta my dreams, get into my car by Billy Ocean

One of my favourite songs of 1988 - The video was typically 80s with it's garish cartoons coloured in bright pastel colours.

Nice one.  :D

Written By: Xcess-N-Htown on 04/26/04 at 4:54 pm

I'll admit it, I don't like any of those songs! :)

Written By: Lanie on 05/03/04 at 4:31 pm

I love the Footloose album so I chose "Lets Hear It For the Boy" - Deniece Williams. :)

Written By: Cheetara on 05/03/04 at 4:33 pm

REM  "Shiny Happy People"

This would have been the perfect song for The Muppets....lol

Written By: JT74 on 06/03/04 at 10:44 pm

I think that's what they were called.  They were little rubber animals that emitted nauseating odors from their rear ends.

I had one that was a cow, I believe, and it smelled like manure.  It started making me sick so I threw it in the toy chest, and it stunk up the entire room!  We had to rip everything from the closet just to find it...

Does anyone else remember these things?  I don't think they had a very long shelf life.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/03/04 at 11:30 pm

I think that's what they were called.  They were little rubber animals that emitted nauseating odors from their rear ends.

I had one that was a cow, I believe, and it smelled like manure.  It started making me sick so I threw it in the toy chest, and it stunk up the entire room!  We had to rip everything from the closet just to find it...

Does anyone else remember these things?  I don't think they had a very long shelf life.

;D ;D ;D
I don't remember those, but they sure sound like fun!  How unpleasant do they wanna make toys, anyway?  I've got an idea, how about Toxic Tinies?
I've got "Asbestos Alligator," "Mercury Mouse," "Lead Paint Lion," and "Uranium Rhino."  There's also the "Polychlorinated Biphenyl Fishies," but they're still in the development stage.

Written By: JT74 on 06/04/04 at 4:35 am

;D ;D ;D
I don't remember those, but they sure sound like fun!  How unpleasant do they wanna make toys, anyway?  I've got an idea, how about Toxic Tinies?
I've got "Asbestos Alligator," "Mercury Mouse," "Lead Paint Lion," and "Uranium Rhino."  There's also the "Polychlorinated Biphenyl Fishies," but they're still in the development stage.

I guess some people would prefer death to the stench of those stinkies!  I still remember that sickening smell to this day...it lingered in my room for over a week.  I'm glad I didn't get the pig!

Written By: RockFaerie on 06/20/04 at 4:41 pm

Lets Hear It For the Boy - Denise Williams

Written By: goldie on 06/20/04 at 7:02 pm

"Baby Got Back"

Written By: DJ Midas on 06/20/04 at 9:56 pm

I like pretty much all of those songs but don't recall "Right Touch" by NKOTB...  ???

Written By: rubixgirl on 06/21/04 at 2:02 pm

I like pretty much all of those songs but don't recall "Right Touch" by NKOTB...   ???
My fault...its The Right Stuff.  :D

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/21/04 at 8:34 pm

Even though its not 80's, I voted for "Baby Got Back" and I have no shame admitting it either. ???

Written By: zcrito on 06/21/04 at 11:27 pm

Other.

We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart
-or-
Electric Boogie - Marcia Griffiths

;D :) ;)

Written By: Koop on 06/21/04 at 11:33 pm

I picked Baby Got Back, but I also liked The Right Stuff. (the only NKOTB song I liked)

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/22/04 at 10:22 am

What a great tune, Rush.  Infact, I always sing "Shannon, Shannon" instead because it's my name and a real mood lifter.  :)

Anyway, I choose "Shiny Happy People" by REM

Written By: pell on 06/22/04 at 11:36 am

Other.

We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart

I loved that song too. I have it on a tape of songs I recorded off the radio in the 80s where the DJ screwed up and said "and here's a little Jermaine Jackson."

What's funny is that if it weren't for a few clues in the lyrics, you might think it was a woman singing.

Written By: ferrisb on 06/22/04 at 11:42 am

I voted for "I'm too sexy" by Right said fred because I like the line "I'm too sexy for my shirt......." (what the heck that means I do not know) :) :)

Written By: zcrito on 06/22/04 at 3:13 pm

I loved that song too. I have it on a tape of songs I recorded off the radio in the 80s where the DJ screwed up and said "and here's a little Jermaine Jackson."

What's funny is that if it weren't for a few clues in the lyrics, you might think it was a woman singing.

Male? Female? No problem with me. Both the song and the video were heard and seen at least once a day by me when the song came out.
I can still remember parts of the video today.
:) ;)

Written By: zcrito on 06/22/04 at 3:15 pm

I didn't recall that one and had to look it up...

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=pkV2zZwafY&ean=81227197421

:) ;D

Written By: Rush on 07/02/04 at 11:01 pm

I didn't recall that one and had to look it up...

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=pkV2zZwafY&ean=81227197421

:) ;D

I'm still trying to get hold of their only album "Battle Hymns For Children Singing".  Ebay has it on CD but it seems to be rather rare and selling from $40 US upwards. But I'd rather have in on vinyl anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...