inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Avatar topic

Written By: Ice_Princess on 04/27/04 at 12:18 am

What's your avatar of?
And why did you choose it?

Me: I created this colage-mix-msn displaypicture of Lindsay Armaou because I had the tools to, and I wanted an avatar for the Lindsay boards  ;D Plus, she's really cool.. she was in B*Witched, after all!

Subject: Re: Avatar topic

Written By: Bobo on 04/27/04 at 12:23 am

My avatar is the second picture on my computer of Jora Domoslai. I have about 15 more, but this is one of the few in colour, and it's just so wonderful.. *nods*

I might change the picture sometime soon to a more recent one, though.

Written By: Bobby on 04/27/04 at 4:56 am

My avatar is of the powerful Ultimate Warrior who was in the World Wrestling Federation from 1988 to 1992. He made an impact on the sport with his psychopathic high energy style. Beating Hulk Hogan for the WWF title at Wrestlemania 6 was the highlight of his career.

He came back at Wrestlemania 12 and beat HHH in under a minute. He then left the federation again. He went to WCW for a one time match with Hogan at Halloween Havoc and now, because he commands such huge fees to wrestle, federations with little cash are reluctant to purchase his services.

Ah. I wondered who was in your avatar, Meli. I remember B*Witched but I don't know whether they are still going as a group. 'C'est la vie' and 'Jesse hold on' are my favourite songs of theirs.

Written By: NbC on 04/27/04 at 5:20 am

I have been using photos I have taken myself as my avatar.  I played with the colors a bit on my current photo to make it more dramatic. 

Written By: pennsygirl on 04/27/04 at 6:47 am

My avatar is of Robert Hazard & the Heroes, my favorite Philly band, my favorite band period, of the '80's.  I picked it mostly because, it's among my favorite photos of him, and because back when he was really hot in the area just happened to be one of the happiest times of my life. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/04 at 11:56 am

I have been using photos I have taken myself as my avatar.  I played with the colors a bit on my current photo to make it more dramatic. 

Great pics.

Mine is (of course) Julie Newmar-the original Catwoman as a way to pay homage to my namesake (and besides, some people say that I look a little like her that I take as a compliment).

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 12:16 pm

Mine is from Heathers ( my all time fave movie).  :)

Written By: DaChazman on 04/27/04 at 12:57 pm

Homestar Runner (I Chose It because I love the site)

Written By: Zella on 04/27/04 at 3:09 pm

It's a really really long complicated story....

Maybe one of the posters still here from a couple of years ago could save me the time and explain it.... ;D

Tantrum...? :D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/27/04 at 3:11 pm

My avatar is a photo of a ceramic mug that I made last year.  :)

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 3:33 pm

I like to change mine a lot so next time this is read it may be different. But as of right now it's a picture of lloyd dobler from the 80's movie "say anything".

I chose this avatar because #1 I love the movie and #2 it's one of my favorite quotes from the movie.

SmithsGirl

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/27/04 at 3:35 pm

I put myself as an avatar so I could stop being shy, but as soon as I find a good pepsi pic, I'm slappin it on.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 4:18 pm

Mine is of my late son Blaine....he was 17 when he was murdered at a subway restaraunt where he worked on April 26, 2001....many of you already know this and some of you don't :'(

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/04 at 6:21 pm

I chose my avatar because it was the only cute nerd pic I could find. I should've just used a picture of Rice Cube. ;D :-*
The quote under it is something I ripped off from the tshirt hell website.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/04 at 8:41 pm

That's a picture of me.I chose it cause I wanted everyone to know what I look like. :D

Howard

Written By: Meriadoc on 04/27/04 at 9:44 pm

A mask seemed appropriate for a mystery person. And now Pippin and I match... ;D

Written By: JennParkandKyan on 04/27/04 at 10:19 pm

I just really dig Cyndi Lauper..she's funky ;D

Written By: nally on 04/27/04 at 11:11 pm

I chose the Shakira avatar because 1) I like her music (especially the Laundry Service album, which I purchased almost two years ago, and 2) when I was browsing through the Avatars to select a pic, I thought it was a good picture. :)

I just really dig Cyndi Lauper..she's funky ;D

I like Cyndi Lauper too... but I couldn't find an avatar for her on this site.

Written By: Rush on 04/27/04 at 11:30 pm

My Avatar is from the video "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode.  I picked it because I couldn't find the avatar I wanted fron the video "Behind The Wheel"  ;D

Written By: Ice_Princess on 04/28/04 at 12:17 am

Mine is of my late son Blaine....he was 17 when he was murdered at a subway restaraunt where he worked on April 26, 2001....many of you already know this and some of you don't :'(Aww... how sad *sniffle*

Written By: mrgazpacho on 04/28/04 at 2:05 am

Mine is me - makes it more convenient for participating in those "What Do You Look Like" threads :)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/28/04 at 7:48 am

Mine is me - makes it more convenient for participating in those "What Do You Look Like" threads :)

Which one's you Gaz ?  :P :o ;D

Written By: Marian on 04/28/04 at 2:14 pm

8)I use the Lisa Simpson avatar currently cause i'm kind of like her,and i look a little like her,too.Cheers!

Written By: Meltd0wn on 04/28/04 at 3:51 pm

Mine is the ever popular Rubik's Cube.
I wanted something I loved from the 80s and that would represent my life from then.

I was a competition cubist, I traveled to the various contests in my state to compete.
My personal best record Time was: 49.3 seconds a long way actually from the current record of 16.5 seconds. hehe

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/04 at 4:04 pm

Mine is the ever popular Rubik's Cube.
I wanted something I loved from the 80s and that would represent my life from then.

I was a competition cubist, I traveled to the various contests in my state to compete.
My personal best record Time was: 49.3 seconds a long way actually from the current record of 16.5 seconds. hehe

I'm impressed. The only way I could solve it was taking it apart and putting it back together.  ;)

Cat

Written By: maddog on 04/28/04 at 5:52 pm

I chose Taz 'cos I like him and, although not strictly a dog, he certainly looks mad.
I also do a wicked Taz impression for my kids  ;D.

Written By: resinchaser on 04/29/04 at 1:43 am

My avatar is Nardwuar The Human Serviette. He interviews artists for MuchMusic. He ends all of his interviews by saying to the artist "Keep On Rocking In The Free World and Doot Doola Doot Doot..." and he lets the interviewee say "Doot Doot"

Written By: mrgazpacho on 04/29/04 at 2:52 am

Which one's you Gaz ?

That's it! Get in line behind Absolutely Vile for your slappings! ::)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/29/04 at 3:30 am

Which one's you Gaz ?

That's it! Get in line behind Absolutely Vile for your slappings! ::)

;D I know what I did !  Why Vile  ???

Written By: Powerslave on 04/29/04 at 6:07 am

Mine is a photo I took of a guy from a band called Contrive a few years back. I'll probably change it to another one every so oftern.

Written By: mandamoo on 04/29/04 at 6:35 am

My mirrorball basically says that I'm stuck in the 70's ! :D

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 04/29/04 at 6:46 am

Manda as someone who owns approx 90 mirror balls - I can relate !!!  But my HUGE one doesnt twirl - I am working on that.

My avatar - well when I first found the 80's forum on this site I had to register and come up with a name fast - so I named myself after my lust object of the 80's and put his pic up.

And now I am stuck with it !!!

Written By: mandamoo on 04/29/04 at 7:00 am

Manda as someone who owns approx 90 mirror balls - I can relate !!!  But my HUGE one doesnt twirl - I am working on that.

Crikey girl ! :o  Where do you keep them ?

Written By: jaytee on 04/29/04 at 7:13 am

Have you girls watched Hamish and Andy?  Each night they have the "Lee Lin Chin Wag" (a send up of SBS's Lee Lin Chin).  She was interviewing Molly Meldrum and had a outfit decorated heavily around the collar with mirror balls.  ;D  Very stylish ;D  I was thinking BMG next big night out an outfit with mirror balls would make quite an impact!  I think it's a funny show.

Written By: Ripp on 04/29/04 at 2:48 pm

Cut a long story short - I was after a cute girl pic and saw this; I just had to have it. Seeya!

Written By: mrgazpacho on 04/29/04 at 8:11 pm

She did the same thing in the self-pictures thread ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/29/04 at 10:36 pm

She did the same thing in the self-pictures thread ;D

Well, it wouldn't be the first time I have been accused of having Vile thoughts  ;D

Written By: mandamoo on 04/30/04 at 12:56 am

Have you girls watched Hamish and Andy?  Each night they have the "Lee Lin Chin Wag" (a send up of SBS's Lee Lin Chin).  She was interviewing Molly Meldrum and had a outfit decorated heavily around the collar with mirror balls.  ;D  Very stylish ;D   I was thinking BMG next big night out an outfit with mirror balls would make quite an impact!   I think it's a funny show.

I haven't ever watched it, jaytee. It sounds hilarious. ;D  I'll have to check it out ! 8)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/30/04 at 8:05 am

For those of you who still don't know, or are new

The Lucy avatar at left, is Lucy Van Pelt, from Peanuts.  Linus' sister, tormenter of Charlie Brown (hence the "blockheads" reference under neath the avatar)  :)

The FussBudget part refers to a way she once described her crabbiness in one of the comic strips

Therefore, FussBudget + VanPelt  :)

Written By: Lanie on 04/30/04 at 6:51 pm

Mine is of my favorite Duran Duran member! :-* ;D

Written By: Vapor Trails on 04/30/04 at 10:36 pm

My avatar is of an album released in 1980 called "Permanent Waves" from the band RUSH who are my favorite group EVER! The obsession started in the early 80s and has never ended.

Written By: Vapor Trails on 04/30/04 at 10:39 pm

My avatar is of Robert Hazard & the Heroes, my favorite Philly band, my favorite band period, of the '80's.  I picked it mostly because, it's among my favorite photos of him, and because back when he was really hot in the area just happened to be one of the happiest times of my life. 

Hey Pennsygirl,

Being from PA and a teenager in the 80s, the local radio station I listened to played the hell out of Robert Hazard and the Heroes! We're riding on that escalator of life!

Written By: Vapor Trails on 04/30/04 at 10:43 pm

Mine is of my late son Blaine....he was 17 when he was murdered at a subway restaraunt where he worked on April 26, 2001....many of you already know this and some of you don't :'(

RockandRollFan,

My heartfelt condolences.  :'(

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/01/04 at 3:48 am

Have you girls watched Hamish and Andy?  Each night they have the "Lee Lin Chin Wag" (a send up of SBS's Lee Lin Chin).  She was interviewing Molly Meldrum and had a outfit decorated heavily around the collar with mirror balls.  ;D  Very stylish ;D   I was thinking BMG next big night out an outfit with mirror balls would make quite an impact!   I think it's a funny show.

Well before I moved house they were all hung in my bedroom which was painted a dark but bright purple - all of it - walls, ceilings, windows, glass, wardrobe - all of it.  And at night the moonlight would come in thru a high window and I would lay there in my own little glittery world !!  It was heavenly.  But right now they are packed up in 3 big boxes awaiting a new fate.  I was thinking of cutting them in half and glueing them to  sheets of pretty painted mdf - creating a 3d wall hanging ??

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/01/04 at 12:07 pm

Mine is of Adam Ant, the pic was taken at a gig in around 77 or78. I had a simialar one a couple days ago, but he has a much better facial expression in the new one I think!!! I chose it b/c I love him and I love his look in the late 70s. But mostly because I love him!!

Rio

Written By: Fred on 05/01/04 at 12:45 pm

Spike Spiegal off of Cowboy Bebop, I chose it because I'm a hardcore fan of anime.

Written By: AssKicker on 05/05/04 at 1:19 am

This is miiiiine. I only have it because I'm a Star Trek fan.

Written By: MLB on 05/05/04 at 5:42 pm

If I really used what my nickname (that I'm not sharing) indicates,  I would be searching high and low for kermit the frog in the swamp.  AAWWWW! 
Is Pikachu killing anyone?  I just think it's the cutest "electric rodent" I've ever seen.
Anyone ready to string me up or slap me as the case may be...(thank you very much i do read previous posts.)  Even tho' Pokemon took over America, I am in the club that thinks there are redeeming qualities in these shows. There's Cooperation, competition, a clear goal that is going to be hard to attain.    Maybe i'll change it to the "Ponyta" (the flaming tailed horse). 
If I could download a picture maybe i'd consider using one of the girls on the
X-men "Evolution" team. Well, the cartoon had female characters, so I only assumed they were put into the comicbooks at some point.

Written By: oddxsocks on 05/05/04 at 6:52 pm

my avatar is a south park characture of how i look (sort of, i have thicker glasses).  WWBBD? has become my motto, and it stands for "what would brian boitano do?" ;)

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/05/04 at 7:49 pm

I LOVE PEPSI!!!!!! That's my story and I'm stickin to it ;D

Written By: AL-B on 05/05/04 at 8:51 pm

Mine is from an old Fender Guitar ad from the 60's that I found online. Basically I just picked it because it's goofy, plus to represent my laughable attempts at mastering the electric guitar.

Written By: PoPCultureGirl on 06/03/04 at 4:05 pm

Maynard James Keenan of Tool & A Perfect Circle.  Why?  Because he's my hero.

Written By: Marian on 06/03/04 at 4:09 pm

:DMine is of Lisa Simpson because i share some of her traits,plus I look a little like her.Cheers!

Written By: annimal on 10/19/18 at 8:43 pm

right now, I'm me as a pirate because this what I'm probably going to be.

Written By: annimal on 10/31/18 at 11:14 pm

now this guy keeps flying around me

Check for new replies or respond here...