inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: E-mail Virus alert

Written By: Ripp on 04/27/04 at 11:11 am

Watch out, 'cos just earlier I got a seemingly nice email. It looked like one of my friends had changed their email and sent me an email informing me of that, and at the end they said about a virus email and they then said 'hope you have good tools'. I knew then there was a virus on it. I deleted it but since i read it through, I got a virus which wiped out my taskbar and got rid of my desktop icons so I could not open any programme. I managed to get everything back though. I think it's only bin sent to me though - noone else has complained. They go by any email address. Just watch out if it mentions a virus though!

Subject: Re: E-mail Virus alert

Written By: RockandRollFan on 04/27/04 at 11:41 am

Watch out, 'cos just earlier I got a seemingly nice email. It looked like one of my friends had changed their email and sent me an email informing me of that, and at the end they said about a virus email and they then said 'hope you have good tools'. I knew then there was a virus on it. I deleted it but since i read it through, I got a virus which wiped out my taskbar and got rid of my desktop icons so I could not open any programme. I managed to get everything back though. I think it's only bin sent to me though - noone else has complained. They go by any email address. Just watch out if it mentions a virus though!
Thanks Ripp, I appreciate the heads up ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/04 at 12:00 pm

Somebody sent me a virus and look what it did my mouse!

Cat

Written By: rubixgirl on 04/27/04 at 12:13 pm

:D
LOL
Cat

But seriously, thanks for the info.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/27/04 at 12:26 pm

Do you have anti-virus? Norton is really good. It has caught many viruses that has tried to sneak in.

Cat

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 3:39 pm

Cat

Ha Ha!!!

SmithsGirl

Written By: lorac614 on 04/27/04 at 4:05 pm

These people are getting very clever with these viruses...I got one from what I thought was my internet provider, saying that my e-mail account had unauthorized use and to "click-here" for more details...My anti-virus didn't catch it and it messed up my computer, thankfully I got new Norton Anti-virus software and I can't believe how many e-mails are infected!!

Written By: philbo on 04/27/04 at 5:00 pm

...looks like the Cat got it...

;)

Phil

Written By: Howard on 04/27/04 at 8:47 pm

Always run Norton Anti Virus. :)

Howard

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/04 at 7:21 am

There is also one floating around (that I get on a daily basis ::)) that has a subject of denied.  Usually the body says that my email (to someone I don't know) had Netsky on it and please click on the attachment to fix it. 

Luckily my McAfee is up to date...not that I clicked, I just deleted and ran a virus check.  All clean here.

Written By: Ripp on 04/28/04 at 11:20 am

Always run Norton Anti Virus. :)

Howard

Watch out if it mentions a virus! I got Norton Anti Virus. And Norton Personal Firewall. But they musta been down because i got the email!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/28/04 at 2:52 pm

I run the Norton Live Up-Date everyday and do a scan once a week (sometimes more if it says that a virus came in)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/28/04 at 8:33 pm

I run mine every Thursday at 9pm.

Howard

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/31/05 at 11:56 pm

I run mine every day at 7:17pm (not by choice either... theres no weekly check option, only daily check)

Check for new replies or respond here...