inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Creepiest thing that ever happend to you?

Written By: SmithsGirl on 04/27/04 at 7:35 pm

I had started this post on the old board but I want to bring it up again cause' the stories gave me chills up my spine and I love to get creeped out! Also we have a lot of new members so i'm sure there are new stories. So ...tell us about the creepiest thing that has ever happend to you...ghosts, burglers, aliens etc.... I would start with one but I told them all on the old posting  :-\

:o :o :o

SmithsGirl

Subject: Re: Creepiest thing that ever happend to you?

Written By: Ripp on 04/28/04 at 11:33 am

during easter break my nan passed away. A few days later, I saw her. She was not at all transparent and she came to me, hugged me, told me how wonderful it was in heaven and told me god was calling her back up. She said bye, waved and disapeared. She also accidently pushed me into a wall and said that's how I know it wasn't a thought in my head. After she went, I had the mark on my shoulder. It was really creepy

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 04/28/04 at 12:03 pm

Creepiest thing that ever happened to me?

Having a STALKER!!!! Man did that bite the big one!!!

Rio

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/28/04 at 12:08 pm

I used to shop at this departrment store, and a girl who worked at my place of work knew several of the people who worked at the department store.

One day she asked me "Hey LyricBoy, when is the wedding?".  I asked "WHAT wedding?".  She then went on to say that one of the people at the dept store was going on and on about how we were going out and so on.  She then asked me "Well, aren't you dating so-and-so?"  And I said "I never HEARD of her!".  ???

Apparently the woman at the dept store was a real whack job.  She told everyone that I  had a mansion in the country, and that I was building a house for my Mum.  Oh, yeah, I also had my own private jet.  :o

So based on all that wacky stuff, I no longer shopped at that store.  Never know when that weirdo might do something wacky.  :-\

So sad that I never had the mansion or the jet.  :P

Written By: MLB on 05/05/04 at 5:47 pm

Before I was born in 1970something, mom called in to a radio psychic, and this lady told my mom that I was going to be  a fine healthy girl, and I was her beloved great aunt's essence  returning to keep her company and to watch over her. 

Written By: Bobby on 05/05/04 at 6:23 pm

Got engaged, LOL.  ;D

Written By: gemini61 on 05/05/04 at 9:32 pm

We moved into the house we are living in now a few years ago. A couple days before, we got our dog, a black lab. My daughter said black dogs are a sign of the devil, which I thought was kind of wierd that she would say that, but her being a teenager at the time, I just laughed it off. Well, a couple days later we were all just sitting on the couch and the cordless phone was on the coffee table and you know the noise the buttons make when you push them (beep, beep,etc.), anyways, the phone made 3 beeping sounds like the buttons were being pushed and when I picked it up and looked at the caller id on it, there was 666 on it!! That still creeps me out now just thinking about it! I have no idea how it happened and really don't want to know. But nothing wierd has happened since then and we still have the "devil dog"!!!!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/05/04 at 9:44 pm

1982 - I am in London, in a Tube train station toilet.

A guy asked me if I had the time.  I say Quarter to three and walk out.

Only afterwards did i think about the whole situation and realise that in all likelihood he wasn't interested in what my watch said, if ya get my drift.... :-\\  That was pretty creepy.

(You had to be there)

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/06/04 at 7:51 pm

I had a dream that I was crossing a bridge with my dad (who had passed away)  The bridge started to sway and the river below was very rough, I kept saying to my dad, Dad, I'm gonna fall, I'm gonna fall.  My dad reached out and took my hand and said , don't worry, you're going to be okay.  The next day my dr called me to tell me that my lupus had gone into remission.  It was like he came back to tell me that I was going to be ok.  I thought it was weird because I had never dreamed of him until then and haven't since.

Written By: AssKicker on 05/07/04 at 1:00 am

Oh, a bunch of creepy stuff has happened to me:

About a year ago, when I was depressed, I took a knife to my dad's grave and was going to kill myself there. (I was depressed, I had weird thoughts then. A few months of therapy later and I'm fine now.)
Anyway, I got the knife out and was about to do it, when I had a thought... It was weird, it was like someone was talking to me, but they were putting thoughts straight into my head and I knew they weren't my thoughts... kind of like telepathy, I suppose. It didn't feel overwhelming enough to have been God, unless it was a very small part of God, but it could've been a spirit, I suppose... might even have been Dad.
It said, "Emily?"
"What?" I replied, out loud.
"Don't kill yourself just yet."
"Well, why not?! Why shouldn't I?"
"It'll be easier tomorrow. You'll have Chemistry class and you can get hold of some chemicals. Maybe chloroform. That'll be less painful than stabbing yourself to death."
I thought this over. "Good idea. I'll do it tomorrow, then."

I had Chemistry exactly twenty-four hours later, and by the time I got to class, I didn't feel like doing it anymore. Perhaps whoever it was "talking" to me knew that that would happen. I'd like to thank them, whoever they were, because I'm bloody glad I didn't do myself in now.

Another weird thing happened a few days ago. I was sitting in class, whistling "We Didn't Start The Fire"... when the fire bell rang! I don't think there had actually been a fire, but it was pretty funny afterwards.

Written By: Ripp on 09/11/05 at 4:32 pm

BUMPITY BUMP!

t.o.t.o.b

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/05 at 4:49 pm

Probably when I thought I saw something I couldn't possibly have seen.  'Bout 10 years ago, I was walking home around 10pm and I see this small swirl of lights rotating in a circle fly into the park.  I ran like the wind, but I saw nothing.  I'll never know what that was I saw, but I often think about it

Check for new replies or respond here...