inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is your name famous because of a song?

Written By: MLB on 05/03/04 at 5:33 pm

Is your name, or nickname immortalized in a song lots of people know?  Is your name Brown or Jackson?  Or maybe Sara?
Let's hear it! Who's with me?  Are you bothered by this song and it's phenomena with your name? Does it make you feel special??
    As for me--
Thanks to Paul McCartney and friends people sing "Michelle My Belle' to me quite often.
  Oh and Enuf Znuff also sang "fly high Michelle", tho' I prefer the Beatles.

Subject: Re: Is your name famous because of a song?

Written By: Bobby on 05/03/04 at 5:37 pm

No not really. I was named after my dad but my brother was named after Marc Bolan from T-Rex and David Bowie. I believe he would rather listen to Ludacris and Tupac but they were an influence on him growing up.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/03/04 at 5:56 pm

I was named after the 70's folk singer Melanie

SmithsGirl

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/03/04 at 7:53 pm

theres of course "Billy dont be a hero" by Bo Donaldson and the Haywoods
"Wedding bell blues" by the Fifth Demension with the chourus "WIll you marry me Bill?" and of course:
"Im just a bill"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/03/04 at 8:36 pm

There are a couple of songs (but I won't tell you what they are  ;)) I don't mind them at all. My step-daughter, on the hand doesn't like the song that has her name in it which I can't understand at all because I LOVE that song. So, we can only play it when she isn't here.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 05/03/04 at 11:00 pm

I know of two songs that include my name. One is by Rick Springfield and the other is an instrumental song by....ummm....I forget. :-\

Written By: Bobo on 05/04/04 at 1:15 am

The only song I am aware of which contains my name, is the quite frankly terrible "Matthew And Son" by Cat Stevens. Way to go, parents.

*edited to add: How I wish my name were Rikki..*

Written By: scarletgail on 05/04/04 at 1:21 am

I don't think there's any songs with gail in them, are there? :-\

Written By: Gis on 05/04/04 at 6:26 am

If it was I'd love to hear it !?!

Written By: scarletgail on 05/04/04 at 7:30 am

If it was I'd love to hear it !?!
so i guess that's prob a no huh, lol.  well if anybody knows of one i'd love to know too ;D

Written By: MooRocca on 05/04/04 at 8:56 am

There's one by Alice Cooper, called "Gail," but...  yikes! 

Written By: scarletgail on 05/04/04 at 9:09 am

LMAO really? oh how funny.  i wanna hear that one, and yikes i think i should be abit afraid ;) j/k

Written By: MooRocca on 05/04/04 at 9:55 am

LMAO really? oh how funny.  i wanna hear that one, and yikes i think i should be abit afraid ;) j/k

It's pretty grim & gruesome, (it is Alice Cooper, after all)  but if you really want to see them, I found some lyrics for it at:  http://www.allsonglyrics.net/showlyric.php?id=14704    I couldn't find a sound sample. 

Considering all the possible rhymes for Gail, (lines like: our love will never fail, she posted my bail, she's the wind in my sail, she's the train I'm the rail, etc.) there must be other (less gruesome) songs out there with your name in them that I'm just not thinking of.  :)     

Written By: karen on 05/04/04 at 10:43 am

I know of two songs that include my name. One is by Rick Springfield and the other is an instrumental song by....ummm....I forget. :-\

The Allman Brothers did an instrumental called Jessica.  Better known in the UK as the Top Gear theme

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/04/04 at 12:37 pm

Not that I'm aware of.  :-\

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/04/04 at 12:42 pm

I have the same first name as that Charlene woman who did that God awful "Never Been to Me" song back in the early '80's.  I used to cringe everytime someone mentioned it to me back then.

Written By: scarletgail on 05/04/04 at 1:30 pm

It's pretty grim & gruesome, (it is Alice Cooper, after all)  but if you really want to see them, I found some lyrics for it at:  http://www.allsonglyrics.net/showlyric.php?id=14704    I couldn't find a sound sample. 

Considering all the possible rhymes for Gail, (lines like: our love will never fail, she posted my bail, she's the wind in my sail, she's the train I'm the rail, etc.) there must be other (less gruesome) songs out there with your name in them that I'm just not thinking of.  :)     
LOL you'd think so but i don't think so, btw i just read the lyrics yikes! the song by puddle of mud, she f**cking hates me, said what i thought was gail until my friend said noooooooo it says guilt, sheese thanks alot dude ::)

Written By: Marian on 05/04/04 at 1:44 pm

There are a couple of songs (but I won't tell you what they are  ;)) I don't mind them at all. My step-daughter, on the hand doesn't like the song that has her name in it which I can't understand at all because I LOVE that song. So, we can only play it when she isn't here.

Cat
???Her name is Ebony and the song is "Ebony Eyes"by the Everly brothers? ;D ;DCheers!

Written By: Marian on 05/04/04 at 1:48 pm

Is your name, or nickname immortalized in a song lots of people know?  Is your name Brown or Jackson?  Or maybe Sara?
Let's hear it! Who's with me?  Are you bothered by this song and it's phenomena with your name? Does it make you feel special??
    As for me--
Thanks to Paul McCartney and friends people sing "Michelle My Belle' to me quite often.
  Oh and Enuf Znuff also sang "fly high Michelle", tho' I prefer the Beatles.
:PMy real world name is Michele too.I was born the year before that song came out.I use the name marian because it's hard to abbreviate."Fly High Michelle"????dare i ask what that's about? :PWell i guess anyone named "Mary JaNE" IS IN THE SAME BOAT.CHEERS!

Written By: AssKicker on 05/04/04 at 2:02 pm

ROFL! Good point! ;D
My name's Emily- I was named after two songs that my parents liked, one that I like and one that I hate:
"Emily, Whenever I May Find Her" - Simon & Garfunkel
"See Emily Play" - Pink Floyd

I think you can probably tell which one I like, purely on my innate weirdness. Heh.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/04 at 4:29 pm

???Her name is Ebony and the song is "Ebony Eyes"by the Everly brothers? ;D ;DCheers!

LMAO  How did you know that, Marian? There is also Ebony and Ivory-Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.  (I know, people are going to start calling me Ebony). Actually, there is Stray Cat Strut-by the Stray Cats. The Cat Came Back-an old camp song but the Woods Tea Company did a wonderful Jazz rendition of that song. Everybody Wants to be a Cat-from the Artisticats. Just to name a few.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 05/04/04 at 5:25 pm

I was named after the 70's folk singer Melanie

Is she the one that sung 'I've got a pair of brand new roller skates'? Incredible. A British group called The Wurzels had a parody called 'I've got a brand new combine harvester'.  :D

Written By: mandamoo on 05/04/04 at 6:01 pm

I wasn't named after a song, but there are two that I know of, that bear my name. One by Don Williams and the other by Boston. :)

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/04/04 at 6:04 pm

Yeah, Both my real name and my board name! My board name is obvious! My real name is Jessica, so think Jessica Rabbit of Who Framed Roger Rabbit but I call myself Jessie. "Jessie's Girl".  But I don't have a girl. Thank you very much Rick. :D :D

Rio

Written By: Marian on 05/04/04 at 8:14 pm

LMAO  How did you know that, Marian? There is also Ebony and Ivory-Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.  (I know, people are going to start calling me Ebony). Actually, there is Stray Cat Strut-by the Stray Cats. The Cat Came Back-an old camp song but the Woods Tea Company did a wonderful Jazz rendition of that song. Everybody Wants to be a Cat-from the Artisticats. Just to name a few.

Cat
;D :D ;)Hee hee ,it really is?!?!?That's pretty cool!There's a fair number of girls named Ebony today;they should all learn about this songLOL.BTW I have the 45!!! ;DCecilia would be a pretty funny name to have based on the S&G song----"...making love in the afterno on with Cecilia up in my bedroom......"Yikes!Cheers!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/04 at 8:18 pm

;D :D ;)Hee hee ,it really is?!?!?That's pretty cool!There's a fair number of girls named Ebony today;they should all learn about this songLOL.BTW I have the 45!!! ;DCecilia would be a pretty funny name to have based on the S&G song----"...making love in the afterno on with Cecilia up in my bedroom......"Yikes!Cheers!

I'm kidding with you. It is NOT Ebony.

Cat

Written By: Marian on 05/04/04 at 8:20 pm

I'm kidding with you. It is NOT Ebony.

Cat
:o :o ;DOh OK,I was actually kidding,too.But it certainly is POSSIBLE for someone named Ebony to know about the Evs song!Cheers! 8)

Written By: gemini61 on 05/04/04 at 8:22 pm

Mine is Rhonda, so every time I hear "Help me Rhonda", I cringe! At work, people will come up to me and say "Help me Rhonda", to which I reply, "hmmm, I've never heard that one before, thats a good one!" ::)

Written By: scarletgail on 05/04/04 at 8:29 pm

Mine is Rhonda, so every time I hear "Help me Rhonda", I cringe! At work, people will come up to me and say "Help me Rhonda", to which I reply, "hmmm, I've never heard that one before, thats a good one!" ::)
LOL gemini ;D

Written By: AssKicker on 05/05/04 at 12:56 am

Cat

How about "You've Lost That Lovin' Feline"? ;D

Written By: Jessica on 05/05/04 at 1:09 am

The Allman Brothers did an instrumental called Jessica.  Better known in the UK as the Top Gear theme

Thanks karen. :)

Written By: Marian on 05/05/04 at 2:33 pm

:DThat's funny!Have they ever sung the whole song??? :-XCheers!

Written By: MLB on 05/05/04 at 4:43 pm

I wasn't named after a song, but there are two that I know of, that bear my name. One by Don Williams and the other by Boston. :)

Can we all say it's probably  "Amanda"? hmmmm, yes???
Maybe I need to start a 70s thread about Boston!

Well, does it say anything about me that I saw them in '90 something when they toured?  It is still only one of 5 shows I've ever been to.  Call me poor and  sheltered....no $ for concerts.                awwww! :\'(

Written By: Bobby on 05/05/04 at 6:35 pm

What about 'Mandy' by Barry Manilow - No, I think that's pushing it a bit. Back to the drawing board.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/05/04 at 6:37 pm

Yeah, Both my real name and my board name! My board name is obvious! My real name is Jessica, so think Jessica Rabbit of Who Framed Roger Rabbit but I call myself Jessie. "Jessie's Girl".  But I don't have a girl. Thank you very much Rick. :D :D

Ah Jessica Rabbit - so sexy it's criminal.

Written By: gemini61 on 05/05/04 at 9:23 pm

:DThat's funny!Have they ever sung the whole song??? :-XCheers!
No, thank goodness! But the music we have at work plays that song sometimes and everyone knows I hate it, so they love to mess with me when it comes on! >:(

Written By: Koop on 05/07/04 at 12:04 am

The only song that I can think of with my name (Kelly) is the song that Woody sang to his girlfriend on Cheers.

Written By: Zella on 05/07/04 at 2:16 am

theres of course "Billy dont be a hero" by Bo Donaldson and the Haywoods
"Wedding bell blues" by the Fifth Demension with the chourus "WIll you marry me Bill?" and of course:
"Im just a bill"

And don't forget Jim Stafford's "My Girl Bill" ;D

Written By: Zella on 05/07/04 at 2:17 am

Dreging far back into the shadows of memory: Seals and Crofts also has a song on the flipside of one of their singles called "Jessica, Dear Jessica."

Written By: Zella on 05/07/04 at 2:19 am

Not that I'm aware of.  :-\

"Karen's Song" by Andy Pratt

has a very interesting line in it:

Oooh, and when she strips me naked... :o ;D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/07/04 at 7:57 am

There is also

Mandy - Barry Manilow

and

I'm Mandy, Fly Me - 10CC  :o

Written By: mandamoo on 05/07/04 at 10:20 am

There is also

Mandy - Barry Manilow

and

I'm Mandy, Fly Me - 10CC  :o

Oh yeah ! :)    Bobby mentioned Barry Manilow too, a few posts back. ;)

As for 10CC.....thanks Fussy....I think  :-\\ ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/07/04 at 12:06 pm

Thanks karen. :)

I have that song.  It's pretty good actually!  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/07/04 at 12:10 pm

"Karen's Song" by Andy Pratt

has a very interesting line in it:

Oooh, and when she strips me naked... :o ;D

Hmmm...I've never heard that song.  :-\\

Written By: Zella on 05/07/04 at 1:40 pm

None that I know of (if anyone knows of a song with Kimberly in it, let me know).  My best friend's name is Adrienne and even SHE has a song. ;D

"Kimberly" by Patti Smith, written about her sister.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/08/04 at 12:39 am

"Left Hand Luke" - by T-Rex  :)

(It's a lie)

Written By: Ripp on 05/08/04 at 5:29 pm

Any song with the name Elizabeth in it?

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/08/04 at 6:18 pm

How about

"Dizzy Miss Lizzy" by The Beatles  :)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/08/04 at 6:48 pm

The only one I know that's kind of close is the song "Beth" by KISS.  :)

Written By: Andy Roper on 05/08/04 at 7:35 pm

How about 'Good Save The Queen' ? :D

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/08/04 at 7:42 pm

Her Majesty-The Beatles? lol

Written By: mandamoo on 05/08/04 at 9:36 pm

Here's another....

Goodnight Elizabeth - Counting Crows

Written By: jaytee on 05/09/04 at 6:43 am

I'm fairly certain that many many moons ago John Paul Young sung a song called "Elizabeth".

Written By: Ripp on 05/09/04 at 11:01 am

"Her Majesty-The Beatles? lol
How about 'Good Save The Queen' ?"

----> Grrrrr! >:( :) I don't like being nicknamed the queen!!! Actually...BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND GET ME A CUPPA!

Written By: Marian on 05/09/04 at 3:58 pm

"Her Majesty-The Beatles? lol
How about 'Good Save The Queen' ?"

----> Grrrrr! >:( :) I don't like being nicknamed the queen!!! Actually...BOW DOWN BEFORE ME AND GET ME A CUPPA!
:D ;D ;)Well there' IS"Rip It Up"which was recorded by Little Richard,the Everly brothers,Elvis presley,and pat boone,to nam,e a few!Cheers!

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 7:29 pm

Bobby's Girl - Oh hum!

My real name is Robert so that doesn't really count.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/09/04 at 9:40 pm

Bobby's Girl - Oh hum!

My real name is Robert so that doesn't really count.

Then you shall be "Doctor Robert" (Beatles)  :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/10/04 at 4:29 am

Then you shall be "Doctor Robert" (Beatles)  :)

Very good, Fuss. :)

Written By: mandamoo on 05/10/04 at 5:49 am

I'm fairly certain that many many moons ago John Paul Young sung a song called "Elizabeth".

Dunno jaytee....doesn't ring a bell  :-\\

Written By: Gis on 05/10/04 at 10:28 am

Reading through these posts there is
Jesse by Joshua Kadison and
Emily by Bowling for Soup.
I can't think of an Elizabeth though.........

Written By: karen on 05/10/04 at 10:34 am

I found this Frank Sinatra song called Elizabeth

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank-sinatra/56280.html

There was also a Counting Crows song that came up after googling " Elizabeth" lyrics

Written By: MLB on 05/14/04 at 6:41 pm

I know a set of twins called India and Africa.  Or Asia and Africa...but anyhow
  The only Africa song I know is TOTO.  I don't recall a song with India in the title, but I'm probably wrong and there is one out there somewhere.

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/16/04 at 11:21 pm

Is she the one that sung 'I've got a pair of brand new roller skates'? Incredible.

hehe...yep  :)

SmithsGirl

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/22/04 at 1:21 am

there are many songs which feature my name-needless to say i've been sung to all my life  ::)
aside from Ave Maria(lol) there's...

Maria(as in i just met a girl named..)from West Side Story
Maria(as in how do you solve a problem like..)from The Sound Of Music..i used to get that one a lot  ;D))
Maria-Johnny Mathis
My Maria-BW Stevenson,later released by Brooks And Dunn
Maria-Blondie
Maria-Ricky Martin
Maria,Maria-Santana

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/22/04 at 9:50 am

far as i know, no. is there a song with the name gerald in it?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/22/04 at 2:00 pm

Of course, my name is in many rock and rap songs. My middle name is Michele (thanks, Paul!)

Tanya

Written By: Howard on 10/22/04 at 7:36 pm

From the children's TV Show Electric Company: "How Is Howard"? ;D

Howard

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/22/04 at 8:34 pm

None that I know of (if anyone knows of a song with Kimberly in it, let me know).  My best friend's name is Adrienne and even SHE has a song. ;D

Oh wait, there's the song "Stand Up and Shout" from Rock Star, but in that one, it was written about Kim, and did you really think Kim was a girl?  8)

theres Kim by Eminem lol

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/22/04 at 8:37 pm

far as i know, no. is there a song with the name gerald in it?

"Bike" by Pink Floyd.....the lyrics goes "I know a mouse who hasnt got a house, I dont know why but we call him Gerald"

Written By: Niko101 on 10/24/04 at 12:11 am

There aren't any songs with my real name in them...thank goodness! But my sister's name is Angie...so I always like to hassle her with the Rolling Stone's song. "Angie?...Aaaaaangie!" She hates it.  ;)

I already posted in the Run DMC poll that my niece's name is Mary (Mary, Mary, why you buggin'?).

My brother's name is Clyde, so my mom and I like to bug him with "Ahab the Arab." "And he'd jump on his camel named Clyde and ride!"

Scary enough, my dad's name is John Wayne. Not even kidding! I don't know what my grandparents were thinking. There's a song called "John Wayne Is Big Leggy" by Haysi Fantayzee.

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 10/24/04 at 12:12 am

No...but my daughter was named after a song..does that count?  Kind of?  :-\\

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/24/04 at 12:17 am

No...but my daughter was named after a song..does that count?  Kind of?  :-\\

marillion by any chance?one of my fave songs  :)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 10/24/04 at 12:52 am

marillion by any chance?one of my fave songs  :)

Yup!  And spelled just that way too.  Hubby has never understood why we couldn't spell it "Kaylee"--but I just said, nope!  And Kayleigh it is..(and she's never had trouble with the spelling, either!  LOL!)  ;)

Written By: scarletgail on 10/27/04 at 4:52 am

I think there is a song with gail in it and it's not very flattering :P but i can't remember it right now ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/27/04 at 8:51 am

There was a song about a guy who has the same name as me:

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt

His name is my name, too.

;D

Written By: Howard on 10/27/04 at 9:01 pm

There was a song about a guy who has the same name as me:

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt

His name is my name, too.

;D

That was funny LB  ;D

Howard

Written By: Ripp on 10/28/04 at 11:04 am

John Jacob Jinglehiemer Shmidt?

That song was on "Recess: School's Out"! Oh, it was so funny!

"John Jacob Jinglehiemer Schmidt
His name is my name, too
Whenever we go out
The people always shout
'There goes John Jacob Jinglehiemer Schmidt'
Dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah!"

Written By: Kenlos on 10/28/04 at 4:32 pm

My name wasn't made famous by this song but my name was in REM's song "What's The Frequency, Kenneth?"

Written By: Paul on 10/28/04 at 5:14 pm

Very thin on the ground, my name...(song-title wise, that is...)

Only one I can think of right this minute is Annette Funicello's 'Tall Paul' - which is nothing to brag about, in all honesty...!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/28/04 at 6:11 pm

Only one I can think of right this minute is Annette Funicello's 'Tall Paul' - which is nothing to brag about, in all honesty...!

Well at least you thought of one.  I'm totally blank when it comes to thinking of songs with my name...

BTW Paul, congrats on surpassing the 1K mark with your posts!!  8)

Written By: Paul on 10/28/04 at 6:36 pm

BTW Paul, congrats on surpassing the 1K mark with your posts!!  8)

Thank you muchly, young Karen...

...and just to show my gratitude, here is a bona-fide song entitled Karen...tho' I can't say I've heard of this programme (or the song for that matter), but the lyrics are quite nice...

(Apologies - there's a couple of annoying pop-ups to obliterate first...!)

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/28/04 at 8:13 pm

Hey Hey Paul...

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/28/04 at 8:17 pm

Thank you muchly, young Karen...

...and just to show my gratitude, here is a bona-fide song entitled Karen...tho' I can't say I've heard of this programme (or the song for that matter), but the lyrics are quite nice...

(Apologies - there's a couple of annoying pop-ups to obliterate first...!)

Aww Paul...thanks for taking the time to find that for me.  You're a sweetie!  ;)

Written By: Michelle on 10/28/04 at 8:35 pm

Yup!
A million apologies to Michelle B for having a very similar screen name... should have specified a little  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 10/28/04 at 8:59 pm

I remember on The Electric Company...How Is Howard? ;D

Howard

Written By: danootaandme on 10/29/04 at 7:05 am

Eleanor, gee I think you're swell, picks up the rice in the church where the
wedding has been, Lives in a dream :)(big time), and It's alright Lady Eleanor.
I told you guys I've been around. ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/29/04 at 7:31 am

"In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" the Allman Bros(with Dwayne).  Don't know how you
guys missed that one

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/29/04 at 9:45 am

Eleanor, gee I think you're swell, picks up the rice in the church where the
wedding has been, Lives in a dream :)(big time), and It's alright Lady Eleanor.
I told you guys I've been around. ::)

There's another song called Eleanor, done by some woman, backed up with vocals by Dave Matthews.  Here is a snippet...

the brightest gem...
plucked from the sky like diamonds...
plucked from the sky like butterflies
almost an angel
eleanor
almost an angel
eleanor is."

Written By: danootaandme on 10/29/04 at 4:19 pm

There's another song called Eleanor, done by some woman, backed up with vocals by Dave Matthews.  Here is a snippet...

the brightest gem...
plucked from the sky like diamonds...
plucked from the sky like butterflies
almost an angel
eleanor
almost an angel
eleanor is."

ooooooohhh! I like that, thanks :-*

Written By: Billy Florio on 10/30/04 at 3:28 am

"In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" the Allman Bros(with Dwayne).  Don't know how you
guys missed that one

how did I miss that? lol

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/30/04 at 9:59 am

Well at least you thought of one.  I'm totally blank when it comes to thinking of songs with my name...

No CF !

There is a song by an American 70's artist named Andy Pratt, entitled "Karen's Song"  :)

Written By: alyceclover on 11/15/05 at 10:32 am

there are many songs which feature my name-needless to say i've been sung to all my life

Written By: alyceclover on 11/15/05 at 11:17 am

searching for a different thread found this one, so revieved it, not seeing my name....
Mary Mary Quite Contrary/Mary Had A Little Lamb/There's Something About Mary (theme song)/Lazy Mary/Crazy Mary/Mary Has A Drug Problem....to name a few
and  "how can Mary tell me what to do..." or "Mother Mary comes to me whispering words of wisdom"
there's also a song with my last name which is a fairly common first name among Mexican-Americans...

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/05 at 12:29 pm

I'm totally blank when it comes to thinking of songs with my name...

A band called the BE Taylor Group had a minor hit called "Karen" in 1986

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/05 at 12:31 pm

searching for a different thread found this one, so revieved it, not seeing my name....
Mary Mary Quite Contrary/Mary Had A Little Lamb/There's Something About Mary (theme song)/Lazy Mary/Crazy Mary/Mary Has A Drug Problem....to name a few
and

Written By: whistledog on 11/15/05 at 12:37 pm

The only song I can think of with my name "Jason" in it was a 1983 album track called "Jason" by the country artist Sylvia from her 1983 album "Snapshot"

http://www.platterpus.com/images/80146.jpg

Written By: Southern Image on 11/15/05 at 1:18 pm

I was nicknamed after Mia Farrow. My real name is in numerous songs.  ;) Thanks to several plays,U2,  Santana, & Rob Thomas  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 11/15/05 at 2:08 pm

there are many songs which feature my name-needless to say i've been sung to all my life

Written By: loki 13 on 11/15/05 at 2:16 pm

and  "how can Mary tell me what to do..." or "Mother Mary comes to me whispering words of wisdom"
there's also a song with my last name which is a fairly common first name among Mexican-Americans...

You also have
Mary In The Morning.....Guy Fletcher
Along Comes Mary.....The Association

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/15/05 at 2:25 pm

What about the name Kristen (or even Christy or Kristy) Any songs with those names in it or within the title?

And to be honest, I don't think my name is famous because of a song..

Written By: loki 13 on 11/15/05 at 2:31 pm

The only song I can think of with my name "Jason" in it was a 1983 album track called "Jason" by the country artist Sylvia from her 1983 album "Snapshot"

http://www.platterpus.com/images/80146.jpg

there is
Jason And The Argonauts....XTC

Written By: Step-chan on 11/15/05 at 2:32 pm

I don't think there are any songs with "Stephen" in the title, so no.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/15/05 at 4:09 pm

I am not name after a song, but I did a Google search and found...

Dashboard Confessional - Jamie
Youngstown - Jamie Lee
Ray Parker - Jamie
Van Halen - Jamie's Cryin'

For my actual name, James....

Sweet Baby James - James Taylor

That's pretty much it....

Written By: Howard on 11/15/05 at 4:12 pm

I really don't know any Howard songs at the moment.  ???

Written By: loki 13 on 11/15/05 at 7:04 pm

I really don't know any Howard songs at the moment.  ???

If you are into a combination of Hip-Hop and hardcore metal
there's "Howard Beach" by Biohazard

Written By: Howard on 11/16/05 at 4:35 pm

My girlfriend's name is famous for Rockin' Robin  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/16/05 at 6:58 pm

Mine wasn't, but my sister, Brandy, was.

Written By: Marian on 11/16/05 at 8:55 pm

I like that song.Is anyone here named Ebony??? ;)

Written By: alyceclover on 11/18/05 at 10:28 pm

I really don't know any Howard songs at the moment.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/05 at 7:36 am

Do they ever call you "Howie"...quite sure there was a song "Howie's Got A Girlfriend"...about one of those American Bandstand members....

I never even knew that Alyce.And yes sometimes I'm called Howie. ;D

Written By: Stompgal on 11/19/05 at 11:30 am

The April showers song in Bambi.

Written By: whistledog on 09/28/06 at 5:54 am

One more ...

2. "Scotland Scotland Jason Scotland" by the Trinidad and Tabago Tartan Army (2006).
Jason Scotland is a footballer. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/06 at 12:01 pm

Are there any songs with Philip in the title?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/28/06 at 2:59 pm

The song "Beth" by Kiss is all I can think of, but I wasn't named after that song.  A couple friends of mine WERE named after songs, though.  Cara after "Cara Mia" by Jay Frank & The Americans and Marie after "Marie's The Name Of His Latest Flame" by Elvis.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/06 at 3:11 pm

Of course, there is always Annie's Song?

"You Philip my senses.."

Written By: Gis on 09/29/06 at 3:16 am

Of course, there is always Annie's Song?

"You Philip my senses.."
Nice one Mr Eno. ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/29/06 at 3:40 pm

No Not that I know of

Written By: KKay on 09/29/06 at 3:42 pm

By Jack Marshall and Bob Mosher
Song: Karen

She's a doll, she's a queen, she's a tantalizing teen.
And Karen, is her name (they call her Karen).
At a party she's a stomper and a rock and rollin romper.
Everybody's glad she came.
Hey that's Karen!

She sets her hair with great precision,
It's her favorite indoor sport,
And by the light of television,
She can even write a book report.

There is no one greater north or south of the equator,
Karen's always in a whirl
She's alarming but disarming, and a really very charming modern girl.

Written By: CeeKay on 09/29/06 at 3:52 pm

Frankie Valli's "Connie O"
(I don't think this made my name famous.  Better songs have been written.)

O Connie, O Connie,
I miss you so.
Where have you gone to?
O Connie O
My Connie
O Connie O

My darling, my darling,
What changed your mind?
My heart is broken,
I'm hurting so,
My Connie O.

Wasn't it yesterday I held you tight?
Why did you run away just before our wedding night?

O Connie, O Connie,
I miss you so.
Where have you gone to?
O Connie O
My Connie
O Connie O

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/06 at 2:28 am

From Noel Coward's Mad dogs and Englishmen:

"In the Philippines they have lovely screens to protect you from the glare."

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/30/06 at 2:30 am

I think you're stretching it a bit, Philip.  I think they were talking about songs where your name is in the title.

Written By: mandamoo on 09/30/06 at 7:46 am

'Amanda' by Boston and 'Amanda' by Don Williams are the only ones I know  :P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/30/06 at 11:21 am

'Amanda' by Boston and 'Amanda' by Don Williams are the only ones I know  :P

You could also throw in "Mandy" by Barry Manilow if you wished.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/06 at 11:27 am

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/06 at 1:58 pm

Did you know that Mandy was originally called Brandy, which was the song lyricist Scott English's pet dog.

But Brandy was a Fine Girl

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/30/06 at 1:59 pm

But Brandy was a Fine Girl
Her as well!

Written By: mandamoo on 09/30/06 at 9:11 pm

[quote author=

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/30/06 at 9:36 pm

8) Sherry..Frankie Vallie...and Oh Sherry...Journey :)

Written By: whistledog on 09/30/06 at 9:40 pm

8) Sherry..Frankie Vallie...and Oh Sherry...Journey :)

Robert John had a 1980 hit called "Sherry"

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/30/06 at 9:44 pm

Robert John had a 1980 hit called "Sherry"
8)  I forgot about that!.. :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/30/06 at 11:25 pm

Gaaaabrielle!
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Mollymollymollymollymolly
Saraa-ha-ha...

Those are my favorite Ween titles named after names!

Heh, that's irrelevant to everything in here, but I thought I'd share it.

Written By: MLB on 09/30/06 at 11:34 pm

Thank you^ for that.  I'm just glad my topic's still getting some use. 
    Comments from Anyone else?

Written By: ktelqueen on 10/01/06 at 12:37 am

Check for new replies or respond here...