inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lying, Cheating, Stealers!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 11:34 am

Lyers:
Does Michael Jackson really expect us to believe that he has never had plastic surgery....his fans must not care that he's a liar.

Did Oral Roberts really think people would be stupid enough to give him 1 million dollars, or GOD would take him....they were ::)

O.J. is STILL looking for the "Real" killers  >:(

Hugh Grant: Caught red-handed with a prostitute yet people actually bought his lies and think he's such a terrific person ::)

Cheaters:

Clinton could be in the above category as well....Oral sex isn't really sex :-\\

Edward "Killer" Kennedy never cheated on his wife...yeah, right

Stealers:

Did Wynona Ryder really think she had the right to walk off with unpaid merchandise.....Kellsey Grammer thought so...in fact he said that famous people should have the right to...so long as they pay later....idiot!

Anybody care to add to this list ;D

Subject: Re: Lying, Cheating, Stealers!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/04 at 11:54 am

Lyers:
Anybody care to add to this list ;D

Do you REALLY want me to answer that?

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/06/04 at 12:45 pm

OK here's my try:

Fred Durst - "I did it for the nookie"

John Kerry - "I was so mad I threw my medals away"

Madonna - "I am now Jewish"

American Iraq Prison Guard - "Nobody told us we were not supposed to stack these guys naked and take pictures"

Kobe Bryant - "I am the real victim here"

Altoona Diocese - "These abuse lawsuits violate separation of Church and State"

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 2:03 pm

OK here's my try:

Fred Durst - "I did it for the nookie"

John Kerry - "I was so mad I threw my medals away"

Madonna - "I am now Jewish"

American Iraq Prison Guard - "Nobody told us we were not supposed to stack these guys naked and take pictures"

Kobe Bryant - "I am the real victim here"

Altoona Diocese - "These abuse lawsuits violate separation of Church and State"

Great, LyricBoy....but we mustn't forget Billary Clinton....I'm from Illinios...no Arkansas...wait, New York...yes, that's it, New YORK ::)

Written By: Marian on 05/06/04 at 2:26 pm

>:(Megan Coughran----Ran over and killed 6 year old Amy Malzbender with her car,caused serious injury to a 10 erar old,picked up her boyfriend at his house and asked if the front of her car looked any different,then went on to school to her Spanish class.When apprehended,she said she had no idea she hit anyone!!! >:( >:( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 3:10 pm

Do you REALLY want me to answer that?

Cat
:-X ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 3:13 pm

>:(Megan Coughran----Ran over and killed 6 year old Amy Malzbender with her car,caused serious injury to a 10 erar old,picked up her boyfriend at his house and asked if the front of her car looked any different,then went on to school to her Spanish class.When apprehended,she said she had no idea she hit anyone!!! >:( >:( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(
That's horrible, Marian   :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/06/04 at 3:51 pm

HERE IS A STORY OF A NOT-SO-FAMOUS LIE THAT AN EMPLOYEE TRIED ON ME ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.

We hired this guy.  He had excellent credentials, two Master's Degrees, the whole bit.  Out of all the candidates, he was by far the most outstanding.  Anyway, after about 4 weeks I noticed that they guy was coming in late, leaving early, and always seemed to be on the telephone when I came over to his office.  And he was not getting ANY work accomplished.  The final straw was at a training session that the department held for his benefit, and he fell asleep WHILE I WAS TALKING.  :o

So I had his phone records pulled (like the guys on Law and Order when the "pull the suspect's LUDS"), and calculated that this guy was making one personal phone call every 12.5 minutes.  >:(

So we decided to fire the guy.  When confronted with a literal REAM of records of the personal phone calls, this guy said:

"Well, on my first day at the job, Mike (a coworker) said it was OK to make personal phone calls"  :D

I always remember this guy when I watch the movie "The Blues Brothers", the scene where Jake & Elwood are presented with the sizeable bar tab at Bob's Country Bunker, and they say "Well when we came in, the first round was free, so we thought that the drinks were complementary."

;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 4:07 pm

HERE IS A STORY OF A NOT-SO-FAMOUS LIE THAT AN EMPLOYEE TRIED ON ME ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.

We hired this guy.  He had excellent credentials, two Master's Degrees, the whole bit.  Out of all the candidates, he was by far the most outstanding.  Anyway, after about 4 weeks I noticed that they guy was coming in late, leaving early, and always seemed to be on the telephone when I came over to his office.  And he was not getting ANY work accomplished.  The final straw was at a training session that the department held for his benefit, and he fell asleep WHILE I WAS TALKING.  :o

So I had his phone records pulled (like the guys on Law and Order when the "pull the suspect's LUDS"), and calculated that this guy was making one personal phone call every 12.5 minutes.  >:(

So we decided to fire the guy.  When confronted with a literal REAM of records of the personal phone calls, this guy said:

"Well, on my first day at the job, Mike (a coworker) said it was OK to make personal phone calls"  :D

I always remember this guy when I watch the movie "The Blues Brothers", the scene where Jake & Elwood are presented with the sizeable bar tab at Bob's Country Bunker, and they say "Well when we came in, the first round was free, so we thought that the drinks were complementary."

;D
Unbelievable ::)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/06/04 at 4:59 pm

Bart Simpson : "I didn't do it"  :o

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 5:19 pm

Bart Simpson : "I didn't do it"  :o
;D

Written By: gamblefish on 05/06/04 at 7:01 pm

Nixon: "I am not a crook!!"

Reagan: "No, Nancy, nothing is wrong...I feel fine..."

Britney Spears: "I would do anything for fame, but I won't do that..."

Written By: Marian on 05/06/04 at 7:47 pm

That's horrible, Marian    :(
:(I know.i mean if she just stopped to see if she could help...but no,I guess she was dumb enough to think no one would know it was her.THere's been several people who did similar things in the bay area;I mean,it's still a crime even if it was an accident. >:(

Written By: Fred on 05/06/04 at 7:53 pm

That's disgusting!  >:( :\'(

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/04 at 9:09 pm

Lyricboy and Rocknrollfan. You are both too funny. I love the way you just come out with it.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/06/04 at 10:33 pm

Lyricboy and Rocknrollfan. You are both too funny. I love the way you just come out with it.  ;D
Thanks, Bobby :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/07/04 at 8:01 am

I dedicate this award to the people in real life whose funny antics provide fodder for my posts.  ;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 11:02 am

Now, that's not quite accurate, he's admitted to 2...YEAH RIGHT!!! ::)

And, let's not forget Mike Tyson saying that he's never raped or beaten a woman.
Not to mention the countless number of athletes who swear they've never taken "performance enhancing drugs". ???
Good point....Nice to see you here, 80s_cheerleader ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/07/04 at 11:24 am

Liars: George H.W. Bush-"Read My Lips, No New Taxes"
William J. Clinton-"I never had sexual relations with that woman."
Donald Rumsfeld- Claim he didn't know about the pictures of U.S. Soldiers torturing Iraqi's.
David Beckham- See William J. Clinton.

Cheaters:
Shaquille O'Neal-"The refs won't let me play." They don't call him a travelin' man for nothing.
Kobe Bryant: See David Beckham
William J. Clinton- See Liars.

Stealers:
The Ramsey's: Stole the slain Jon-Benet's childhood, or at least deprived her of it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/07/04 at 11:59 am

Liars: George H.W. Bush-"Read My Lips, No New Taxes"
William J. Clinton-"I never had sexual relations with that woman."
Donald Rumsfeld- Claim he didn't know about the pictures of U.S. Soldiers torturing Iraqi's.
David Beckham- See William J. Clinton.

Cheaters:
Shaquille O'Neal-"The refs won't let me play." They don't call him a travelin' man for nothing.
Kobe Bryant: See David Beckham
William J. Clinton- See Liars.

Stealers:
The Ramsey's: Stole the slain Jon-Benet's childhood, or at least deprived her of it.

I agree with all of the above IndyGent, except the Ramseys... IMHO they may have also taken her life ??? :\'(

Written By: Bobby on 05/08/04 at 11:18 am

I dedicate this award to the people in real life whose funny antics provide fodder for my posts.   ;D

LOL.  ;D

Written By: Marian on 05/08/04 at 3:26 pm

That's disgusting!  >:( :\'(
>:(If i'm noit mistakem,i believe the idiot actually gets out today--the day before Mother's day!She was sentenced to a year in jail,but gets off at the 6 month mark for good behavior.At least she isn't allowed to drive for 5 years.There's this other idiot--Jimena something9forgot her last name0,who has a lot of drunk driving arrests,who ran over and killed a young boy anf his sister.She left too,and said she thought the kids were all right ???She said she laid low for a few days on the advice of this friend!Most likely,this friend told her to stay hidden until all the alchohol dissapated from her system,so the alchohol test wouldn't work!!! >:( >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 05/08/04 at 8:43 pm

I would like to add all politicians.  I don't think I have seen an honest one yet.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/08/04 at 11:08 pm

I would like to add all politicians.  I don't think I have seen an honest one yet.
I feel the same way, Dagny. It's just  sad that sometimes you must choose the lesser of two evils sometimes :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/09/04 at 12:18 pm

An honest politician? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 1:12 pm

An honest politician? Isn't that an oxymoron?

No. Just a government moron.  ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 12:24 am

...EH?!

Written By: YWN on 03/15/06 at 2:16 am

Beth, you cheat.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 10:03 am

It's better than being the lying sack of crap that YOU are, Marsh. >:-{

Written By: YWN on 03/15/06 at 10:39 am

It's better than being the lying sack of crap that YOU are, Marsh. >:-{

At least I'm not a tease.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 11:07 am

ah, young love!

i'm all misty-eyed.

for liar, i'd have to go with dick cheney, for his priceless gem: we know where the WMDs are, they are north, south, east, and slightly west of baghdad!

for cheat, i'd have to go with dick cheney, for first heading the committee to find a vice-presidential running mate for GW bush and then finding... himself!

and for stealer (some might use the word "thief", but who i to quibble), the award goes to... dick cheney! for being CEO of halliburton and then once he gets into office, making tons of policy decisions that make sure billions in cushy contracts go directly to... halliburton! good work if you can get it, eh, dick?

this thread might oughtta be on the politics board, jah?

Written By: YWN on 03/15/06 at 12:17 pm

ah, young love!

Oh...I didn't think my coming on to her was that obvious.  :-[

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 12:19 pm

Oh...I didn't think my coming on to her was that obvious.   :-[
it couldn't conceivably be as obvious as when i came onto her.

Written By: YWN on 03/15/06 at 12:23 pm

it couldn't conceivably be as obvious as when i came onto her.

Well, dangling the condom in front of her face was a little too much if you ask me.  I tend to try to engage in conversations like how the weather is going, but it always ends up boring everyone involved and 
somehow I come out with a long unsanded broom protruding from my posterior.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 12:27 pm

Well, dangling the condom in front of her face was a little too much if you ask me.  I tend to try to engage in conversations like how the weather is going, but it always ends up boring everyone involved and 
somehow I come out with a long unsanded broom protruding from my posterior.
Well, yah, particularly cuz I was already wearing it.

Nice weather we're having today, isn't it? I only hope it doesn't rain.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 12:54 pm

STFU!!!1

Written By: YWN on 03/15/06 at 1:11 pm

Well, yah, particularly cuz I was already wearing it.

Nice weather we're having today, isn't it? I only hope it doesn't rain.

It's the drizzle that makes me particularly morose.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 1:21 pm

STFU!!!1
Get a room, you two!

isnt strawberry fields the one who looks like beck?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 1:30 pm

Get a room, you two!

isnt strawberry fields the one who looks like beck?

TOO BAD BECK ISN'T T3H H4WT!!11

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 1:33 pm

I BELIEVE I REMEMBER U SAYING OTHERWISE B41111!!11!!1one!1.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 1:36 pm

I BELIEVE I REMEMBER U SAYING OTHERWISE B41111!!11!!1one!1.

Y34H?!1 W3LL I REMEMBER...

STFU!!!111onehundredelevenpenisvaginameatyourmom

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 2:13 pm

Y34H?!1 W3LL I REMEMBER...

STFU!!!111onehundredelevenpenisvaginameatyourmom
Yeah, I remember that too. man, those were the days.

Written By: YWN on 03/15/06 at 3:24 pm

Get a room, you two!

We did, but there was a sign in the room that said that so much hawtness was an illegal hazard.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 3:29 pm

We did, but there was a sign in the room that said that so much hawtness was an illegal hazard.
This spelling of hot "H-A-W-T" simply must stop. A stop simply must be put to it.

Topic pippul! Thtay on topic pleeth!

*clapclap*

Written By: YWN on 03/15/06 at 3:34 pm

This spelling of hot "H-A-W-T" simply must stop. A stop simply must be put to it.

Topic pippul! Thtay on topic pleeth!

*clapclap*

Hot = very warm

Hawt = sexayyy

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 3:40 pm

Hot = very warm

Hawt = sexayyy
I believe "hot" in the proper context is perfectly sufficient and commonly understood to connote physical attractiveness in the western English vernacular.

There's this dude on another list who insists on constantly calling things "kewl." "hawt" is at least not as bad as that. the "kewl" thing makes me wanna reach through the screen and wrap my hawt little fingers around this guy's neck and choke him until he's kowld and ded.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 3:42 pm

Robin almost cheated on me in December when I thought she had brought a guy home from speed dating and she had the gall to even tell me that she did what she did. >:( ::)

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 3:47 pm

Robin almost cheated on me in December when I thought she had brought a guy home from speed dating and she had the gall to even tell me that she did what she did. >:( ::)
Dude! that's nawt hawt.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 3:51 pm

Dude! that's nawt hawt.

I mean,would you call that cheating when she knew that it was wrong so she went and told me anyway? ???

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 5:46 pm

Sorry, This thread isn't about cheating anymore.. STFU!!11

Check for new replies or respond here...