inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When I was at school, I...

Written By: Ripp on 05/09/04 at 11:14 am

...pierced my gum with a straw! (OW!!!)  :\'(

Subject: Re: When I was at school, I...

Written By: Bobo on 05/09/04 at 11:16 am

Is this a board game where we mention one at a time?

Bunked off most lunchtimes.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/04 at 1:01 pm

....I always got my gym shorts pulled down( :-[)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 1:10 pm

. . . climbed out of a 1st floor school window for a bet.

Written By: Mike Florio on 05/09/04 at 4:24 pm

stole a gym shirt from another school and took a leak in one of their lockers ::) :-X

Written By: Paul on 05/09/04 at 4:27 pm

...dug a hole for eleven years and escaped...!!

Written By: Bobo on 05/09/04 at 4:29 pm

(It would have taken less time to slide down, you know..!)

..continuously hurt my knees playing soccer football.

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/09/04 at 7:10 pm

got away with murder...literally

Written By: Bobby on 05/09/04 at 7:13 pm

got away with murder...literally

You got away with killing someone, Billy?

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/09/04 at 9:13 pm

You got away with killing someone, Billy?

well, this one time....

lol, no, I got caught lol

Written By: Fred on 05/10/04 at 1:02 am

Raised Hell.  :D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/10/04 at 1:19 am

underachieved  :(

Written By: AssKicker on 05/10/04 at 1:27 am

...tried to work out how to h4xx the school's computer network. :-X

Written By: Jessica on 05/10/04 at 11:07 am

was never in class.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/10/04 at 12:54 pm

...hung out in the library. 

(Don't think it made me any smarter, though....  :-\\)

Written By: AL-B on 05/10/04 at 3:42 pm

never pooped...I always waited until I got home

Written By: AssKicker on 05/10/04 at 4:02 pm

I'm exactly the same. In my school, for "lavatories" read "dens of smoking, other drug abuse and/or make-up reapplication for silly blondes who should know better."

Written By: lebeiw15 on 05/10/04 at 4:38 pm

Slept. ;)

Written By: AL-B on 05/10/04 at 5:20 pm

I'm exactly the same. In my school, for "lavatories" read "dens of smoking, other drug abuse and/or make-up reapplication for silly blondes who should know better."
For me it wasn't so much of any "extracurricular activity" that stopped me from doing #2 at school. Mainly it had to do with an incident that took place when I was in the second grade. There I was, all nice and comfy on the throne when some jerk kid poked his smiling face under the stall. My natural reaction was to kick him in the face as hard as I could. That was the last time I ever "dropped the twins off at the pool" when I was at school, even throughout high school. (That kid moved away a year or two after that and I never saw him again, sometimes I wonder if he grew up to be gay.)

Written By: Fred on 05/10/04 at 6:12 pm

I wonder if he grew up to be gay.

I've had kids to stupid things like that AL-B, and I bet he did.  :P

Written By: oddxsocks on 05/10/04 at 8:07 pm

...tried to work out how to h4xx the school's computer network. :-X

...i watched the school's computer technician edit the network settings, so i could probably totally haxx0r the network if i really wanted to... ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/10/04 at 9:16 pm

stole a gym shirt from another school and took a leak in one of their lockers ::) :-X

you actually took a whizz? :o

Howard

Written By: AL-B on 05/10/04 at 9:31 pm

I've had kids to stupid things like that AL-B, and I bet he did.  :P
Yeah, but after getting kicked in the face (HARD) I think it's a safe bet he never peeked underneath an occupied bathroom stall ever again. There are certain things you just don't do. You never touch a hot stove, you never stick a fork in an electrical outlet, and you sure as HELL don't stick your head underneath a bathroom stall while someone is taking a dump. That's just asking for it.

Written By: Fred on 05/10/04 at 9:38 pm

Yeah, but after getting kicked in the face (HARD) I think it's a safe bet he never peeked underneath an occupied bathroom stall ever again. There are certain things you just don't do. You never touch a hot stove, you never stick a fork in an electrical outlet, and you sure as HELL don't stick your head underneath a bathroom stall while someone is taking a dump. That's just asking for it.

lol  ;D

When I was younger (grade 2 or something), some kid came up and kicked me while I was taking a leak at the urinal. How ignorant is that!!???  >:(

Written By: maddog on 05/10/04 at 10:50 pm

sings badly

...was very nervous, no one knew me, no one knew mee---eee--eeee....

Written By: mr.smith s on 05/18/04 at 1:23 pm

In Grade 6 made some one laugh so hard they peed their pants
In Grade 8 was roughhousing with some one (not angrily) and made them poop in their pants
In Grade 10 I chipped my tooth on a table

Written By: Howard on 05/18/04 at 2:56 pm

I always won awards for Perfect Attendance. :D

Howard

Written By: nally on 05/18/04 at 5:42 pm

Is this a board game where we mention one at a time?

Bunked off most lunchtimes.

If this was a board game, it would be in the wrong forum, wouldn't it?

I always won awards for Perfect Attendance. :D

I had perfect attendance during most of my time in high school. In the third grade I almost had perfect attendance but the only day I missed (from that year) was March 8, 1989. I didn't like to be absent, but if I got real sick then I couldn't come (for example, when I had the chickenpox I had to miss a whole week). My current perfect attendance streak dates back eight whole years (to my sophomore year of high school). I have not missed a whole day of school since May 15, 1996. I don't like to be absent; I never know what important stuff I might miss.

Written By: gemini61 on 05/18/04 at 6:30 pm

Would miss the bus on purpose, (this was in 1st grade) thought I wouldn't have to go, not thinking, duh, we do have a car! Mom would take me and I would cry because I missed my "mommy"!! :\'(

Written By: jaytee on 05/19/04 at 6:26 am

cried so hard every morning for the first year that the teacher made me sit in the "cry baby" seat right down the front of the class  ::) :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/04 at 7:36 am

I set the all-time record for "swats".  Me and a buddy got 5 "swats" each.  :\'(

Our crime?  We made a touched-up photo that made it look like our teacher's head was being flushed down a commode.  There was a cigarette butt in the toilet at the time, and we positioned the photo so it looked like he was smoking it.  8)

We were heroes after that.  Most of the teachers objected to the swats.  I heard about that caper from kids that went to other schools, years later.

--------------------

Interesting subnote:  One of my high school classmates has won two Oscars for special effects in the Lord of the Rings series.  While I have not won an Oscar, I was the first in my class to achieve "fame" for special effects!  Heh heh...  :) ;)

Written By: Ripp on 05/19/04 at 10:45 am

Fell over my worst enemy's black leather-covered ball, literally flew halfway across the playground (well, not halfway, about a metre), hit my arm on the floor, broke it, had to have a cast put on it, and to this day it still hurts. That was some years ago! But the worst thing is, the enemy actually said that I had hurt her! No-one had saw me. But they belived her! They told me off for not looking where I was going!!!!! I got her into trouble at least, but still, I got detention! Everyone went 'Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm' when my enemy said I hurt her. I literally strangled each of them, personally. Especially the teachers

Written By: coloradokid on 05/20/04 at 1:34 pm

Learned how *not* to be as a human being.  :)

Written By: Bobby on 05/20/04 at 6:54 pm

cried so hard every morning for the first year that the teacher made me sit in the "cry baby" seat right down the front of the class  ::) :(

I remember doing that on my first day of infant school.

Written By: Marian on 05/20/04 at 7:41 pm

:P :P :P :P :P :P :Pewwwwwww!gross!!!!!

Written By: Ripp on 05/26/04 at 2:24 pm

1. More or less hated maths...still hate it! (527 x 368 always got me. They just asked that randomly. Even now I need a calculator.)

2. Chocolate was smeared all over my face. This was because some silly child was doing cookery and forgot where the towel and sink was. They improvised by wiping it all over the nearest person's head.

3. Fell down the bank of the field, got covered in grass and people took art pictures for their "People in action" art class. They thought I meant to fall down.

Written By: Bobo on 05/26/04 at 2:28 pm

193936. 15 seconds! I rule!

When I was at school, I distinctly remember never doing the right thing. For whatever reason. Yay me!

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/26/04 at 2:32 pm

Was very quiet, paid attention and got very good grades.

And I was teased unmercifully for it!  :-[

Written By: nally on 06/07/04 at 10:24 pm

Wow, when I first saw this thread, I didn't notice that there was a poll attached to it. Well, I vote for none of the options, since they don't make a whole lotta sense to me. ::)

Written By: AL-B on 06/07/04 at 10:30 pm

This poll must've just went up. Anyway, I had a few teachers in grade school that I wouldn't have minded seeing naked... ;) ;) ;)

Written By: nally on 06/07/04 at 10:32 pm

No, this thread's been around a while...I just never noticed the poll. But you may be right...the person who started this thread must have modified it to add the poll.

Written By: pennsygirl on 06/08/04 at 10:12 am

I wouldn't have wanted to see any of my teachers naked! Ewww!  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/27/05 at 10:19 am

...was younger!

Written By: goodsin on 05/28/05 at 11:56 am

...asked the Headmaster at a presentation ceremony if my maths prize was "some sort of joke", in front of the whole school & parents! (I thought I deserved to win the English Lit prize, as I had done for the past 4 years- I was useless at maths, though upon reflection, they may have been praising my level of improvement at maths).

I also stole the school starting pistol & ammo. My parents found it, stashed it, I found it again, threw it away, my next door neighbour found it 3 weeks later & the whole story came out... :P

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/28/05 at 1:39 pm

..used to have such a good attendance record, but now i'm in sixth form, that's all gone completely out of the window!  ;D

i selected the option 'mental home', because after having to teach me, most of my teachers will have ended up there!  :D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 06/25/05 at 1:24 pm

I dont understand this post but...I used to wish I was related to my 3rd grade teacher.  She was older like 50 or so and we used to all make her gifts and invite her to volleyball games and just basically follow her around.  I dont know why, she was smart, pretty older lady, and she always smelled good.  I dont know why but we really liked her for some reason.  And I rememeber you could always tell she had been around in the hallway cause her perfume lingered.
Weird  ???

Written By: Zella on 06/25/05 at 4:33 pm

....drew a brontosaurus in crayon on my desk all the way from one corner to the other (1st grade) and had to stay after school to scrub it off....  :-[

Written By: Howard on 06/25/05 at 4:50 pm

was on The Honor Roll in 1989 and had gotten excellent attendance awards in 1991 :)

Check for new replies or respond here...