inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The headphone socket on my guitar amp is loose! HELP please!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/10/04 at 5:53 pm

I am so afraid of never being able to play my guitar with headphones again because my headphone socket is loose!

It has been loose for a while, but now there's no audio coming into my left ear. The volume on the headphones is turned up high on both ears, so that's not the problem.

If you must know, I have a 10-watt Squier bass ampflifier for my electric guitar. Has anyone else with an amp ever had such problems. If so, how did you resolve it?

This is really important: I cannot play my guitar without headphones, and that's almost an inpossibility because of the loose headphone socket.

Thank you to anybody who helps me!  :\'(

Subject: Re: The headphone socket on my guitar amp is loose! HELP please!

Written By: Paul on 05/10/04 at 5:59 pm

First of all, check the headphones (by basically plugging 'em in to another amp like your hi-fi)...still no sound in one ear? Then it's not your amp...get yourself a new set of cans...

If it is the amp and it's just the socket that's loose (and the wiring probably is as well, which is why you're only hearing in one ear...) - don't panic! It's not the end of the world...

Just either get it along to a electrical repair shop - they'll be more than able to re-fit a new socket, or (if you're handy with a soldering iron) do-it-yourself...the parts are readily available from electrical component retailers...

Should have you up and twangin' again in no time...!

Subject: Re: The headphone socket on my guitar amp is loose! HELP please!

Written By: Fred on 05/10/04 at 6:07 pm

I had this problem, with my input jack. Luckily, all I had to do was tighten it. But yeah, do what Paul said.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...