inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Heroes

Written By: Stompgal on 05/13/04 at 3:30 am

I would go for most of them, especially Gareth, Britney and Sugababes. Over to you...

Subject: Re: Heroes

Written By: Bobby on 05/13/04 at 4:45 am

Er . . . I'm afraid it's none of those, Stompgal (not really my era I suppose). I think Billy Joel is the closest to being my hero. Not only did he produce great music, he always had something intelligent to sing about.

Written By: Hairspray on 05/13/04 at 10:36 am

Did any of the listed accomplish any heroics I don't know about? :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/13/04 at 10:42 am

Well said Hairspray. A hero is someone who is couragous, standing up for the underdog, saving someone's life, etc. etc. And I don't think any of these are sandwiches either.  ;)

Cat

Written By: AL-B on 05/13/04 at 8:25 pm

I voted for Britney Spears because she rescued 39 children from a burning schoolhouse and for Justin Timberlake for his tireless service to his country as a United States Marine. Oh, and didn't Hillary Duff also save a 3-year-old from drowning? ???

Written By: woops on 05/13/04 at 9:57 pm

Hillary Duff ... for no reason.

Where's Kim Possible?  :D

Written By: SmithsGirl on 05/13/04 at 10:27 pm

Hero...er, i musta missed sumthin' herre  ???

SmithsGirl

Written By: AL-B on 05/13/04 at 11:25 pm

But I forgot to mention the greatest heroes of all...the Spice Girls!!! Where do I begin? Let's see...Baby Spice discovered a cure for AIDS, Posh Spice brought lasting peace to the Middle East, then Scary Spice captured Osama bin Laden, yeah, and oh...Sporty Spice ended world hunger, and then Ginger Spice found a solution to global warming! Three cheers for the Spice Girls!!!

Written By: Fred on 05/14/04 at 2:15 am

Jimi Hendrix

Written By: Fred on 05/14/04 at 2:17 am

But I forgot to mention the greatest heroes of all...the Spice Girls!!! Where do I begin? Let's see...Baby Spice discovered a cure for AIDS, Posh Spice brought lasting peace to the Middle East, then Scary Spice captured Osama bin Laden, yeah, and oh...Sporty Spice ended world hunger, and then Ginger Spice found a solution to global warming! Three cheers for the Spice Girls!!!

Not to mention their heroic efforts in saving Earth from total destruction by blowing up that Manhatten-sized asteroid. God rest their souls.......... :D

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/14/04 at 8:02 am

Not to mention their heroic efforts in saving Earth from total destruction by blowing up that Manhatten-sized asteroid. God rest their souls.......... :D

They are about the only people I would gladly swap onto the asteroid to save Bruce Willis  :P

Written By: jaytee on 05/14/04 at 8:06 am

You're kidding .... right?    ???

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/14/04 at 8:09 am

You're kidding .... right?    ???

I sincerely hope yo uare talking to the original poster there Jaytee, or do you have a thing for Bruce Willis  :D

Written By: Powerslave on 05/14/04 at 12:43 pm

Dear me. None of these people are heroes no matter how you might define the term.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/04 at 1:01 pm

Dear me. None of these people are heroes no matter how you might define the term.

What? They are not sandwiches?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 05/14/04 at 6:03 pm

I suppose 'idol' would have been a better word.

Written By: AssKicker on 05/15/04 at 12:47 am

Where's Bono? I want to vote for him.
8)
Oh, there he is. He deserves a vote, what with creating such bloody good music and still having time for charity work etc.

However, if it's heroes and not just favourite musicians, then I'd have to vote for Jesus. I can't really see Hilary Duff being the daughter of God, performing miracles, teaching us how to live our lives free of sin and having herself brutally killed to save the rest of humanity, can you?

Written By: Fred on 05/17/04 at 6:06 pm

They are about the only people I would gladly swap onto the asteroid to save Bruce Willis  :P
:)

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/08/06 at 3:08 pm

No one will probably remember the show but I kind looked up to the character of Jim Rockford in the old TV show "The Rockford Files". He's was like the more average Joe kinda hero who knew when to fight and when to try some other approach. As a kid in the 80's we did have a number of "Hero" shows like the A-Team, MacGiver, Airwolf, even the Fall Guy to some extent

Check for new replies or respond here...