inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV Commercial (Past & Present) That You Like!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/20/04 at 6:06 pm

Currently I like the pepsi...yes, pepsi commercial where the dog eats the sandwich, drinks the pop then places the cat on the counter to take the blame. From the past I'd say for starters that I enjoyed the Budweiser Lizards and the Ferret :)

Subject: Re: TV Commercial (Past & Present) That You Like!

Written By: woops on 05/20/04 at 6:08 pm

The Cingular commercial with "8675309/Jenny"  :D

From the past: The Pepsi commercial that took place in the "future" (mid '80's)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 11:10 pm

The Gieko commercials with the squirrels :D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/22/04 at 10:37 am

The Gieko commercials with the squirrels :D

The one with them high fiving each other?  That is a classic...I love it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/22/04 at 11:35 am

The one with them high fiving each other?  That is a classic...I love it.
Yep http://elouai.com/images/yahoo/a09.gif

Written By: AL-B on 05/22/04 at 3:18 pm

There was one for (I think) Snickers a few years back where an old man was painting the endzone at Arrowhead Stadium (home of the Kansas City Chiefs). One of the players (Neil Smith?) was watching him and said, "Nice job, but who are the Chefs?" The camera pulled back to reveal the word "CHEFS" in big letters. The old man then muttered, "Great googly-moogly!" I thought that one was pretty funny. ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/23/04 at 12:43 pm

I like the identity theft commercials.
One of my favorite older ones was about Pepsi's "fresh date."  This guy had a super-slow butler who was bringing him his Pepsi and he keeps yelling at him (I'm assuming his name was Richard, I don't remember)  RI-CHARD!!!! RI-CHARD!!!!   

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/23/04 at 1:03 pm

Currently I like the pepsi...yes, pepsi commercial where the dog eats the sandwich, drinks the pop then places the cat on the counter to take the blame. From the past I'd say for starters that I enjoyed the Budweiser Lizards and the Ferret :)

Ditto!  ;)

As for old commercials, I like the Oscar Meyer bologna commercial where the little boy is sitting on a pier singing, "My bologna has a first name...it's O-S-C-A-R...."  :)

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/23/04 at 5:32 pm

I always liked the one for Nissan? The one with the Ken Doll picking up Barbie to the tune of Van Halen's "You Really Got Me"  :)

Written By: AL-B on 05/29/04 at 1:09 pm

There's this radio ad that just kills me every time I hear it. It's for horse racing at the state fairgrounds and it has a racetrack announcer who says something like,

"And they're off! And out of the gate is Guys Night Out, followed by One Too Many Beers and Liquid Courage! Liquid Courage is making a move on Beautiful Girl, but Beautiful Girl is pulling away! Oh, no! Here comes Cheesy Pickup Line! Cheesy Pickup Line is followed by Flattery, but Flattery is going nowhere! Beautiful Girl is coming back with You're A Creep, Get A Life, and You're A Loser! Rounding out the finish is Bruised Ego, Laughing Friends, and the favorite, She Wasn't My Type Anyway!"

Another voice then comes on and says, "For a better time, come to Nebraska State Fair park for live racing."

Written By: Marian on 05/29/04 at 2:22 pm

I like the identity theft commercials.
One of my favorite older ones was about Pepsi's "fresh date."  This guy had a super-slow butler who was bringing him his Pepsi and he keeps yelling at him (I'm assuming his name was Richard, I don't remember)  RI-CHARD!!!! RI-CHARD!!!!   
:D :DI think those are pretty funny,too!Those people are pretty good at lip-synching what the jerks are saying.cheers!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/29/04 at 5:35 pm

That new Burger King Commercial...

I'm SPICY !

:P :P

Written By: ADH13 on 03/25/05 at 4:35 pm

Wow I could go on for days...

"tastes like...mouthwatering orange, strawberry too..luscious lemon and tangy cherry, refresh your breath the moment that YOU!!! bite into a starburst fruit chew, a burst of refreshing fruit flavor for you..."

"I don't wanna grow up, I'm a toys r us kid..."

"Tab, tab cola what a beautiful drink..tab, tab cola what beautiful people tab, tab cola looks beautiful to me..."

"I'd like to buy the world a coke"

"You can't beat it, the feeling you get from a coca-cola classic"

"You're gonna like us too, you'll like TWA"

"Choc full o nuts, its a heavenly coffee, better coffee than a millionaire's money can buy"

"Introducing diet coke! you're gonna drink it just for the taste of it.."

"Creamy milk chocolate is a melody, crispy ?? is the harmony, ????? is music to munch when you take a bite of nestle's crunch"

"I love bumble-bee, bumble-bee tuna, I love the tuna they call bumble-bee"

"workin, playin, day or night, Jordache has the look that's right..."

"Freedent's the one that took the stick out of gum, and put the fresh in your breath"

"I've got the fever for the flavor of a pringle!"

"I've been using Murphy's all the time, now the dirt is finished and the finish is fine!"

"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. Almond Joy's got nuts, mounds don't."

"Aren't you smart, for drinking orange juice?"

"Who's that kid with the oreo cookie?"

wow I could go on for days... but I'll stop now.  :)

Written By: ADH13 on 03/25/05 at 4:40 pm

Oh yeah and one more recent one I like...

This biker guy goes to get a tattoo... and he wants his girlfriends name "Donna".. (Ritchie Valens' "Donna" playing in background)

Halfway through the tattoo the biker tells the tattoo guy he doesn't have enough money for the tattoo, so the tattoo guy stops...leaving the name "Don" on his arm... then they're playing the same tune of "Donna" but saying "oh, Don, oh, Don"  :)

I don't even remember what the commercial was for..

Written By: jiminy on 03/25/05 at 5:43 pm

I think it was Little Caesar's Pizza, they show an Italian grandmother cooking from a big cauldron  and a big family sitting around in a picnic setting, the voice announcing says something like, it is a feast that only comes once a year, but it's the most vile tasting stuff and they show the guests getting ready to heave, then they cut away and say they should of ordered pizza  ;D

Written By: whitewolf on 03/25/05 at 5:55 pm

I liked the Dominoes Pizza ones with Bad Andy,

also the blockbuster video ones with Ray (hampster) and carl (bunny), that's it carl, shake what your momma gave ya

Written By: zcrito on 03/25/05 at 11:16 pm

I think it was Little Caesar's Pizza, they show an Italian grandmother cooking from a big cauldron  and a big family sitting around in a picnic setting, the voice announcing says something like, it is a feast that only comes once a year, but it's the most vile tasting stuff and they show the guests getting ready to heave, then they cut away and say they should of ordered pizza  ;D

C'mon, you're crazy if you think that was a great commercial. I always thought that was one of the worst commercials of all time. Selling pizza, yet having people act as if they're going to throw up. That's pretty awful.
It's also one of the first commercials I can think of that I truly hated.

Written By: zcrito on 03/25/05 at 11:26 pm

My current favorites are the Geico "That's so condescending" Caveman adds.  ;D

I always preferred Geico's friendly commercials over Progressive Insurances horrendous old male bashing ones.

Written By: Stompgal on 10/05/07 at 2:01 pm

Here are my favourite TV commercials of the year so far.

The Dolmio adverts with a family of puppets
The Cadbury's Dairy Milk advert in which a gorilla drums to 'In The Air Tonight' by Phil Collins
The Strongbow adverts where the men go, "Aah..." for a long time because they're totally refreshed (Total first pint refreshment) - very funny
The Snickers advert where Mr T drives a tank
The BHF advert where lots of people exercise and there's a catchy drum beat

Written By: coqueta83 on 10/05/07 at 7:54 pm

I like the Geico commercials with the gecko.  :)

And this Pepsi commercial featuring Michael J. Fox from the 80's-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFEQ7aH7JDQ

Check for new replies or respond here...