inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artists you just can't Stand!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 12:32 pm

Make a list and check it twice...for this certain topic there's no need to be nice :D
Tell me who you can't stand to listen to and why....

Here are just a few of mine in no particular order:

Bruce Springsteen.....overplayed, voice is annoying...AND my mom went out with his father once (He was a jerk)  ::)

Mariah Carey...her voice sounds like she got her foot stuck in a bear trap!

Madonna....just because....

Celine Dion......SICK of that Titanic song!

Pink Floyd.....only because they were SO overplayed in my youth and still are today....plus I could never DJ a party without people wanting to hear them all the time. I know, that must mean they're popular, but I just got burned out on them...fast :P

Bob Dylan (See Bruce)

Subject: Re: Artists you just can't Stand!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/04 at 12:36 pm

Nirvana!  I never understood why so many people thought they were great.  I thought they sounded awful!  :P

Written By: resinchaser on 05/21/04 at 3:29 pm

Paul McCartney - This man just rubs me the wrong way.

Cher - Constatly trying to reinvent herself. How many farewell tours has she done?

Liam Gallagher - How has this guy avoided being beaten to a pulp?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 3:44 pm

Nirvana!  I never understood why so many people thought they were great.  I thought they sounded awful!  :P
Karen.....Oh Man!  I loved Nirvana....of course I was into the "Grunge" thing back then...but I still like them even now :-\\ Oh well, I did ask ;)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 3:45 pm

Gotta agree with all of the above.
Cool  ;)

Written By: woops on 05/21/04 at 4:50 pm

10. Limp Bizkit Rap/Rock...sounds more  like barth!!! And Fred Durst tries to act cool.

9. Journey  The lead singer sounds like a chalkboard being scratched.  :P

8. Marilyn Manson Aside from the controversy, his music just reek sweaty socks

7. Puff Daddy Always rips off classic songs into worthless junk.

6. Beach Boys All of their songs sound the same & "Good Viberations" is the inly exception.

5. James Taylor Don't get me wrong, I like a couple folk rockers, but I find James Taylor too boring.

4. Whitney Houston Overrated, though I only like one song "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)", but that could've been sung by Belinda Carlisle, Debbie Gibson, etc. Plus, I can't stand her singing.  :P

3. Starship I didn't like them looonnnggg before Blender listed "We Built This City" amongst the worst song of all time. I'm also not a fan of Jefferson Airplane, but this incarnation is even worse.

2. Barbara Striestand I'd rather listen to a jackhammer!!!

1. Oasis Wannabe Beatles. Enough said.

Written By: MooRocca on 05/21/04 at 4:56 pm

Bruce Springsteen -- I wish I could say I did like his stuff, because I (barely) have a couple of acquaintances in common with him, my mom adores his music and I used to (literally) bump into his old bandmate Gary Tallent (who later bought and moved into one of my husband's best friend's boyhood homes) whenever I was in Nashville, but I just don't dig his stuff and never have.  The only song of his I like is Manfred Mann's performance of "Blinded by the Light."

Jethro Tull -- One of my husbands favorite bands, but they're about as pleasant to  my ear as fingernails on chalkboard. 

Celine Dion -- Because her material is crap and I'd rather listen to the sound of my own skull pounding into a concrete wall than the sound of her voice.

Led Zeppelin -- I must hear them differently than everyone else does because I find their music about as rocking and exciting as a super-sappy Air Supply ballad.  But, at least Air Supply don't pretend to be anything other than what they are.  Zep teases with these great intros, that I'm just sure are building up to something really amazing and then, just when I think they're really going to unleash a fury of raw rock energy, they wimp out and settle into a  long mellow lullaby jam. 

Roy Orbison --  I like several of the songs he did, (when they're performed by other people) I just don't like the way he did them.  His voice, his vocal stylings... everything about him creeps me out, majorly. 

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/21/04 at 5:19 pm

Madonna  :(

Kylie  ::)

Michael Bolton  >:( >:( >:( ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/04 at 5:34 pm

Michael Bolton  >:( >:( >:( ;D

A perfect example of someone who should never have become a singer!  ;)

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/04 at 5:36 pm

9. Journey  The lead singer sounds like a chalkboard being scratched.  :P

You can't be serious!  :o :( :o

Written By: Bobby on 05/21/04 at 5:50 pm

Usher and the R Kelly Wannabee's (yawn!)
Oasis
Eminem
Sugababes
50 Cents
Shaggy
Outhere Brothers (Remember them?)
Justin Timberlake
Spice Girls
Anastacia
Busted
Beyonce . . .

The list goes on.  :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/21/04 at 5:58 pm

Maybe she meant the new lead singer ???

Written By: woops on 05/21/04 at 6:19 pm

BTW, I'm actually a "He".

And I was referring to Steve Perry.  Sorry.

Written By: woops on 05/21/04 at 6:22 pm

Oh, and I respect Bruce Springsteen & Bob Dylan & like Nirvana and a couple bands/artists mentioned...

So we're all even.  :)

Written By: My name is Kenny on 05/21/04 at 11:37 pm

Toby Keith.  And this has nothing to do with his politics.  None at all.  I could give a crap less, all right?  Not an especially political person, me.  But everything about this guy's music is just so bland, awful, this guy is everything bad about country music.  Everything Brooks and Dunn does right, Toby Keith does wrong.

Coldplay.  Didn't we, at one time, demand that our rock stars be just a little bit interesting?  I realize that James Taylor wasn't the most exciting guy in the universe, but he was certainly more so than these sad whining imports.

Dave Matthews Band.  This band was Exhibit A in the landmark case Florida v. Bizkit, in which the Supreme Court declared that fratboy music completely sucked.

Nickelback.  Proving that even the truly awful aren't as bad as the aggressively mediocre.

Moody Blues.  Whenever I think that the whole punk movement was overrated, I think that I could instead be listening to these guys.

Whitney Houston.  It's no wonder that most American Idol contestants sing one of her songs at least once.  She's the patron saint of singers with amazing voices but no idea how to use them.  Listen to the way she completely destroys the sweet Dolly Parton classic "I Will Always Love You".

Alanis Morissette.  A shrill, vapid harpy who has done nothing good in her entire life.

Poison.  Bret Michaels is the worst frontman in history.

50 Cent AND Ja Rule.  I enjoyed their feud about who was harder.  They both completely missed the point, which is:  they both unequivocally suck.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/22/04 at 11:32 am

Toby Keith.  And this has nothing to do with his politics.  None at all.  I could give a crap less, all right?  Not an especially political person, me.  But everything about this guy's music is just so bland, awful, this guy is everything bad about country music.  Everything Brooks and Dunn does right, Toby Keith does wrong.

Coldplay.  Didn't we, at one time, demand that our rock stars be just a little bit interesting?  I realize that James Taylor wasn't the most exciting guy in the universe, but he was certainly more so than these sad whining imports.

Dave Matthews Band.  This band was Exhibit A in the landmark case Florida v. Bizkit, in which the Supreme Court declared that fratboy music completely sucked.

Nickelback.  Proving that even the truly awful aren't as bad as the aggressively mediocre.

Moody Blues.  Whenever I think that the whole punk movement was overrated, I think that I could instead be listening to these guys.

Whitney Houston.  It's no wonder that most American Idol contestants sing one of her songs at least once.  She's the patron saint of singers with amazing voices but no idea how to use them.  Listen to the way she completely destroys the sweet Dolly Parton classic "I Will Always Love You".

Alanis Morissette.  A shrill, vapid harpy who has done nothing good in her entire life.

50 Cent AND Ja Rule.  I enjoyed their feud about who was harder.  They both completely missed the point, which is:  they both unequivocally suck.

I applaud your choices!http://elouai.com/images/yahoo/35.gif

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/23/04 at 5:00 pm

BTW, I'm actually a "He".

And I was referring to Steve Perry.  Sorry.
No...I'm sorry, woops! I was thinking of your avatar....which sorta looks like Ioni Skye....http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/93/55/22m.jpg :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/04 at 5:15 pm

Bouncy - Claims to be shy, yet acts and dresses like a sluttess

Mariah Carey - Actually has a good voice, but ruins it with all the so-called "phrasing"

Dave Matthews - The guy just looks creepy

R. Kelly - How many different ways can you sing/rap about "hittin' it" ?

Robbie Robertson - A more pretentious musician never existed

Jessica Simpson - Nice girl, but the singing is lightweight. "Take My breath Away" stinks worse than the original

Madonna - The only video left for her to do would be a CT-scan of her anatomy

Written By: SuperFreak on 05/23/04 at 5:27 pm

Mariah Carey, definately. "Phrasing", is that what it's called LyricBoy ???

Prince-Go squeal someplace else :P

Almost all rap :P

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/24/04 at 9:05 am

Good choices and I agree.  I would add Britney Spears, Michael Bolton, P Diddy or whatever he calls himself now, Jessica Simpson, Ja Rule, 50 Cent and L'il Kim.  I don't think any of these people are talented, most are manufactured gimmicks churned out by record labels.

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/24/04 at 10:09 am

Actually, it's Tawny Kitaen.  Oh, and did you  notice I deleted one of your choices on my previous post.  I actually kinda like Rush.

Another one I don't care for is the group that sang "Red, Red, Wine".  Can't think of their name off hand, but they should've called that song "Dead, Dead, Whine"

That would be UB40.

Written By: maddog on 05/24/04 at 10:18 am

Well there's lots of earlier choices that I'd agree with here.

Marilyn Manson - woops, you're so right. A classic case of image over substance.

Celine Dion - please make it stop!

Moody Blues - just very, very dull.

...and I may have mentioned this before but I cannot stand Rod Stewart's voice, appearance or general attitude.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/24/04 at 11:45 am

Actually, it's Tawny Kitaen.  Oh, and did you  notice I deleted one of your choices on my previous post.  I actually kinda like Rush.

I actually right-clicked on that avatar and it turn out it's Belinda Carlisle :) I actually like a couple of Rush songs also ;)

Written By: Gis on 05/25/04 at 5:03 am

Eminem and just about any Rap and Hip hop it's all painful to my ears,as is Mariah Carey.
I'm now going for a well earned teabreak and I'll see if I can think of any more !!

Written By: Fred on 05/25/04 at 8:20 pm

Led Zeppelin -- I must hear them differently than everyone else does because I find their music about as rocking and exciting as a super-sappy Air Supply ballad.   But, at least Air Supply don't pretend to be anything other than what they are.  Zep teases with these great intros, that I'm just sure are building up to something really amazing and then, just when I think they're really going to unleash a fury of raw rock energy, they wimp out and settle into a  long mellow lullaby jam. 

Well, I have never heard them "wimp out".  ::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/04 at 8:50 pm

KID ROCK...the jerk exeplifies a wanna-be macho idiot >:(

Written By: woops on 05/27/04 at 2:11 am

Some more I like to add:  :-X

All country singers.  Garth Brooks, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Kenny Rodgers, Shania Twain, etc.
Most of today's rappers. Some already mentioned like 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Lil' Kim. Also Nelly.  :P
Creed A mix between Stryper & Pearl Jam (BTW, I like Pearl Jam)
All numetal acts like Korn, Limp Bizkit (mentioned earlier), POD, Linkin Park, etc.
All of today's teen pop. And many from the '70's, couple from the '80's, and all from the '90's.
Jewel Another boring singer/songwriter
Air Supply IMO, they have the sappiest ballads of all time!

Written By: Juanita on 07/03/04 at 3:37 pm

Some more I like to add:  :-X

All country singers.  Garth Brooks, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Kenny Rodgers, Shania Twain, etc.
Most of today's rappers. Some already mentioned like 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Lil' Kim. Also Nelly.  :P
Creed A mix between Stryper & Pearl Jam (BTW, I like Pearl Jam)
All numetal acts like Korn, Limp Bizkit (mentioned earlier), POD, Linkin Park, etc.
All of today's teen pop. And many from the '70's, couple from the '80's, and all from the '90's.
Jewel Another boring singer/songwriter
Air Supply IMO, they have the sappiest ballads of all time!

What do you like?  ???

Written By: RockandRollFan on 07/03/04 at 5:13 pm

The Beach Boys ever since Brian Wilsons been out.....it's a Mike Love crap fest :P

Written By: Stompgal on 07/05/04 at 3:04 am

I hate Marilyn Manson, the Cheeky Girls, most heavy metal bands and most of Boyzone's stuff.

Written By: whistledog on 01/02/06 at 8:12 pm

thought i'd recycle an old topic  ;D

There are many bands I don't like, but it's mostly cause I dislike that genre of music. 

Some bands I hate from genres that I like ...

Rush Listening to this band is like sitting in a dentists chair having all your teeth pulled w/out novocaine
Green Day
Sum 41
Simple Plan
Avril Lavigne
Our Lady Peace I tried to get into this band, but I just couldn't

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/02/06 at 9:00 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/02/06 at 9:18 pm

Ashlee Simpson & I woud not call her an artist. The irony is as I sit here & type, 3 feet away from me is her smirking face on my daughters cd.  The horror
dishonorable mention goes to
Lindsay
Hillary
Britney
Kanye
metallica (post napster)

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/02/06 at 9:27 pm

Liam Gallagher - How has this guy avoided being beaten to a pulp?

Its hilarious that this guy used "Liam Gallagher" and "Pulp" in the same sentence.

Also, I do not like the music of King Crimson, most Rush, obviously Britney Spears sucks, and I think Jack White is the emperor that wears no clothes. Also, as a lifelong country music fan, I find this strange but I've never cared for Johnny Cash and I don't know why the hipsters chose him as their "get out of having the reputation of liking country music free" card.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/02/06 at 9:36 pm

Its hilarious that this guy used "Liam Gallagher" and "Pulp" in the same sentence.

Also, I do not like the music of King Crimson, most Rush, obviously Britney Spears sucks, and I think Jack White is the emperor that wears no clothes. Also, as a lifelong country music fan, I find this strange but I've never cared for Johnny Cash and I don't know why the hipsters chose him as their "get out of having the reputation of liking country music free" card.

*raises his pointy little hand*

That'd include me! lol

This is just my opinion now(how bout that for useless oft-repeated phrases?), but..

Bluegrass>>country. I don't understand why we southerners like to parade country as the national music of the south when we have bluegrass, as well as jazz and blues. I think that a lot of classic country was good, but its pretty much been crap the last 20 years. Country has become a parody of itself. What happened to the music they used to call "white man's blues"? Anyway, just a musical pet peeve. We all have them.

Written By: Dominic L. on 01/02/06 at 9:47 pm

any hip hop/rap power pop/emo or newer rock band... YECH!

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/02/06 at 10:11 pm

*raises his pointy little hand*

That'd include me! lol

This is just my opinion now(how bout that for useless oft-repeated phrases?), but..

Bluegrass>>country. I don't understand why we southerners like to parade country as the national music of the south when we have bluegrass, as well as jazz and blues. I think that a lot of classic country was good, but its pretty much been crap the last 20 years. Country has become a parody of itself. What happened to the music they used to call "white man's blues"? Anyway, just a musical pet peeve. We all have them.

I'm a southerner too, and as someone who can't help having an accent, I can't stand to hear the fake ones put on by poppy country singers of top 40 radio. That is a lot of what's wrong with the sound.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/02/06 at 10:35 pm

I'm a southerner too, and as someone who can't help having an accent, I can't stand to hear the fake ones put on by poppy country singers of top 40 radio. That is a lot of what's wrong with the sound.

You know they are appealing to the lowest common denominator when "She Thinks My Tractors Sexy" is put out and ISN'T intended is a 100% joke.

I call it the "Wal-Mart syndrome". 30 years ago, you could walk into a honky tonk in the South(except maybe Texas) and you didn't see everyone wearing that cowboy crap. Everyones concerned with southern pride and how southern they are and "I'm a redneck and proud of it" and all of that BS. My family is from northern Alabama, getting up close to "ridge runner" country. I'm not ashamed of where they came from. But that doesn't mean I try to act like I'm Jethro because of it. I think that unfortunately a lot of Southerners have now turned the pop culture here into the ignorant stereotype they used to wanna get away from, you know? Its quite similar to what rap "music" has done to African-American popular culture. Its hip in both genres(rap and country) to be ignorant.

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/02/06 at 10:37 pm

I call it the "Wal-Mart syndrome".

A very pithy friend of mine calls that "trickle-down stupidity" lol

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/02/06 at 10:41 pm

A very pithy friend of mine calls that "trickle-down stupidity" lol

;D Touche

Written By: danootaandme on 01/03/06 at 8:06 am

You know they are appealing to the lowest common denominator when "She Thinks My Tractors Sexy" is put out and ISN'T intended is a 100% joke.

I call it the "Wal-Mart syndrome". 30 years ago, you could walk into a honky tonk in the South(except maybe Texas) and you didn't see everyone wearing that cowboy crap. Everyones concerned with southern pride and how southern they are and "I'm a redneck and proud of it" and all of that BS. My family is from northern Alabama, getting up close to "ridge runner" country. I'm not ashamed of where they came from. But that doesn't mean I try to act like I'm Jethro because of it. I think that unfortunately a lot of Southerners have now turned the pop culture here into the ignorant stereotype they used to wanna get away from, you know? Its quite similar to what rap "music" has done to African-American popular culture. Its hip in both genres(rap and country) to be ignorant.

I am a born and bred northerner(Boston, no less) and you cannot imagine some of the people up here who get into country music, so they feel that they must have a confederate battle flag on their pickup trucks, even though they live in the city and can't parallel park a 10 speed bike.  They wear designer cowboy boots, and hats, and "long rider"  coats to get on the subway and go to the local basketball arena to listen to Clint Black, give a rebel yell, and go home.  Most of them would have to run home and Google the term bluegrass, they wouldn't have any idea what the heck you were talking about.

Written By: jackas on 01/03/06 at 8:57 am

I am a born and bred northerner(Boston, no less) and you cannot imagine some of the people up here who get into country music, so they feel that they must have a confederate battle flag on their pickup trucks, even though they live in the city and can't parallel park a 10 speed bike.  They wear designer cowboy boots, and hats, and "long rider"  coats to get on the subway and go to the local basketball arena to listen to Clint Black, give a rebel yell, and go home.   Most of them would have to run home and Google the term bluegrass, they wouldn't have any idea what the heck you were talking about.

I'm from Southern California and used to frequent a Country & Western nightclub.  When I first started going there I thought is was really stupid to see all those So Californians running around with the cowboy garb.  We were in Southern California for crying out loud....how far away from hillbilly can you get.  But then I started to think about it....what if they just like that style?  Do they have to have a reason to dress that way?  Why do people in the modern day south dress like that?  Most of the southerners that dress that way don't work on a farm or own a ranch, they just dress that way because they like to.  Same thing with white kids dressing like the "urban black youth".  I hear a lot of people say, "Oh, he thinks he's black!"  Huh?  Why should we be restricted by where we're from?

Just my two cents. :-\\

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/03/06 at 11:44 am

I'm from Southern California and used to frequent a Country & Western nightclub.  When I first started going there I thought is was really stupid to see all those So Californians running around with the cowboy garb.  We were in Southern California for crying out loud....how far away from hillbilly can you get.  But then I started to think about it....what if they just like that style?  Do they have to have a reason to dress that way?  Why do people in the modern day south dress like that?  Most of the southerners that dress that way don't work on a farm or own a ranch, they just dress that way because they like to.  Same thing with white kids dressing like the "urban black youth".  I hear a lot of people say, "Oh, he thinks he's black!"  Huh?  Why should we be restricted by where we're from?

Just my two cents. :-\\

Maybe Texans wear cowboy clothes (but Texas really has its own identity outside of being southern, ask any Texan) but here in the grits and sweet tea amen south the guys wear t shirts, ballcaps with SEC team logos on them and tennis shoes or steel toed boots. You would never wear cowboy boots to do any actual work!

Written By: KKay on 01/03/06 at 11:59 am

I really hate (or feel they are overrated)

Pearl Jam!!!!! >:( >:( >:( Haatteeee haate

and Jewel and (this is hard; there are so many!)

I'll have to get back to you.
My hate for Pearl Jam just made my head explode.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/06 at 12:41 pm

Brittney Spears
Jessica/Ashley Simpson
John Cena

Written By: ADH13 on 01/03/06 at 1:33 pm

I can't stand any rappers, with the exception of M.C. Hammer and L.L. Cool J who are tolerable at best.

Aside from that:

Nirvana - annoying, headache-inducing music
Gloria Estefan - Conga would have to be her best, IMO and I don't even like that song. Too boring and bubble-gummy while trying to sound "ethnic".  something about her just bugs me.
Paula Abdul - Voice is annoying.
New Kids On The Block - Ugh.
Morrissey - He sings in a monotone and all his music sounds the same
Primus - "Tommy The Cat" is supposed to be a song?  It's just a bunch of yelling set to music.
Bruce Hornsby - BORING

Written By: KKay on 01/03/06 at 1:40 pm

Gloria Estefan - Conga would have to be her best, IMO and I don't even like that song. Too boring and bubble-gummy while trying to sound "ethnic".  something about her just bugs me.

Thank you...I hate all of them...

Written By: Step-chan on 01/03/06 at 2:06 pm

>:( >:( >:( >:(   Just joking, it's all a matter of taste. I LOVE Nirvana, maybe I lack good taste(I especially love their rarities).

Anyway......

Guns n' roses, mainly because of Axl Rose, he's a pompous jerk(pretty bad when a certain member of the group ruins my opinion of the whole band).

John Mellencamp, no problem with him personally. It's his songs, he doesn't sound bad, but his songs irritate me for some unknown reason.

All boy bands, New kids on the block, Backstreet boys, N'sync, etc.... drive me nuts(I've predicted what words were going to be sung next on one of these fruitcake's songs and was right).

Almost all country bands, it just drives me up the wall way past the lunacy I already have.

Jessica Simpson, no comment needed here(I watched one of her music videos yesterday, UGH!).

I easily tolerate rap.

Edit: Need to pay attention to my grammer.

Written By: KKay on 01/03/06 at 2:11 pm

spin doctors!!!!!!

I hate anything that sounds like that; it's all personal preference..

i hate black crowes the most.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/03/06 at 2:15 pm

I like the Black Crowes, but don't care for The Spin Doctors.

Written By: KKay on 01/03/06 at 2:20 pm

I like the Black Crowes, but don't care for The Spin Doctors.

Yeah, I know they're good at what they do...I just hate 'em.

Written By: jackas on 01/03/06 at 2:21 pm

Maybe Texans wear cowboy clothes (but Texas really has its own identity outside of being southern, ask any Texan) but here in the grits and sweet tea amen south the guys wear t shirts, ballcaps with SEC team logos on them and tennis shoes or steel toed boots. You would never wear cowboy boots to do any actual work!

Yeah I know, I live in Pensacola and most of the working guys I see down here wear T-shirts and regular jeans.

I wasn't suggesting that all southerners dress like that.  My point was that some people seem to think you have to be an actual farmer, rancher or southerner (and yes I'm including Texas for the ease of explanation, whether they like it or not) to wear cowboy hats and boots and such and if you're not one of the three, than you're just a poser.  

Written By: Step-chan on 01/03/06 at 2:22 pm

Yeah, I know they're good at what they do...I just hate 'em.

I know. ;)

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/04/06 at 1:01 am

Yeah I know, I live in Pensacola and most of the working guys I see down here wear T-shirts and regular jeans.

I wasn't suggesting that all southerners dress like that.  My point was that some people seem to think you have to be an actual farmer, rancher or southerner (and yes I'm including Texas for the ease of explanation, whether they like it or not) to wear cowboy hats and boots and such and if you're not one of the three, than you're just a poser. 

Oh, dude I'm sorry. I missed your point completely. I have a chip on my shoulder about being a southerner cause ppl assume I'm dumb and then I go and say something dumb.  :-X

Written By: jackas on 01/04/06 at 1:06 am

Oh, dude I'm sorry. I missed your point completely. I have a chip on my shoulder about being a southerner cause ppl assume I'm dumb and then I go and say something dumb.  :-X

No biggie. ;D ;)  I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't stereotyping anyone.

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/04/06 at 1:21 am

No biggie. ;D ;)  I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't stereotyping anyone.

But I have to say, when you see someone at a club dressed like Garth Brooks and they're doing a line dance to a 50 cent song its pretty damn funneh.

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/04/06 at 1:27 am

I can't stand any rappers, with the exception of M.C. Hammer and L.L. Cool J who are tolerable at best.

Aside from that:

Morrissey - He sings in a monotone and all his music sounds the same
Primus - "Tommy The Cat" is supposed to be a song?  It's just a bunch of yelling set to music.
Bruce Hornsby - BORING

Yeah, I feel the same about most of them. Nothing against Nirvana themselves so much, but I think they paved the way for the neo grunge still around today (basically the only form of "rock" still exceedingly popular).

I admit I like Hornsby, though (at least the first album) - had kind of a southern pop/country rock sound mixed with an 80's vibe. "Mandolin Rain" is a good song. But I'll agree, hearing a bunch of his songs all together can be too much - it does have that "samey" sound at times.

Paula Abdul has some good individual songs too.

Also yeah, I never got Morissey myself either (then again, he's not radio or mainstream oriented, which I tend to be, so that could explain it, lol).

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/04/06 at 1:31 am

Don't Like:

Aerosmith
AC/DC
Duran Duran
The Fixx
Pearl Jam
Britney etc.
NSYNC etc.
Nelly etc.

Overrated:

Beach Boys
U2
Led
Queen (good band though)

Written By: ADH13 on 01/04/06 at 1:38 am

Even though I don't particularly dislike them, I think Depeche Mode was overrated.  I liked OMD and Thompson Twins alot better but they always seemed to be in the shadow of Depeche Mode.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/04/06 at 1:53 am

Even though I don't particularly dislike them, I think Depeche Mode was overrated.  I liked OMD and Thompson Twins alot better but they always seemed to be in the shadow of Depeche Mode.

I liked their earlier, dancey stuff.  Violator has some good tracks, but I've heard their deep '90s stuff is dull.

Written By: AmandaSparks on 01/04/06 at 12:35 pm

A few years ago my best friend and I realized that Morrissey was hilarious. I mean, "Oh mother I can feel the soil falling over my head", "To die by your side, well the pleasure the privilege is mine" come on!
Anyone else read him as having an incredibly warped sense of humor?

Check for new replies or respond here...