inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What would surprise people about you?

Written By: gemini61 on 05/26/04 at 4:07 pm

Is there any talent, or anything weird or quirky about you? Or something you've done, haven't done that's interesting? I'll start! I like peanut butter and brown sugar sandwiches, can't whistle :-[, have never been on an airplane, and I was a band geek!!! :-X And yes, there really was band camp!! ::) Oh yea, and have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 24 years, thats a talent right there ;)

Subject: Re: What would surprise people about you?

Written By: Jessica on 05/26/04 at 5:32 pm

I am double jointed, so I can bend my fingers backwards to where they touch the tops of my hands.

I used to write stories and I even won some awards for three of them.

I won the spelling bee in fifth grade.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/26/04 at 5:34 pm

1.  My age.  People usually think I am about 12-15 years younger than I really am.  :)

Written By: nally on 05/26/04 at 5:35 pm

Really! When I was in elementary school, I won four spelling bees! :) I've always been good with spelling, ever since I was a little boy.

Written By: Bobby on 05/26/04 at 5:49 pm

Well done for a great topic, gemini. I was umming and aahing about starting off a topic on quirks but since the last time I put a thread on was based on personalities, people might think I'm a psychologist doing market research over the net.  ;D

Quirks. God! I've got a few . . .

- I am prone to spontaneous dancing when happy or excited (in the style of Dick Van Dyke dancing on a roof-top doing his 'Me 'Ol Bamboo' routine).

- I have a severe lack of social awareness. E.g. I am prone to making impressions of famous people while queuing in clothes shops for example. This either fascinates or irritates people -  :-[

- I am quite egotistical. I sang the theme tune to 'The Fall Guy' over the answering machine to find out how my singing voice sounded.

Written By: Bobby on 05/26/04 at 5:50 pm

Oh clever. I can't write Dyke.  ;D

Written By: gemini61 on 05/26/04 at 6:10 pm

I am double jointed, so I can bend my fingers backwards to where they touch the tops of my hands.

I used to write stories and I even won some awards for three of them.

I was in alot of spelling bees too!! Then when my daughter was in school, she was in them too!

Written By: gemini61 on 05/26/04 at 6:14 pm

1.  My age.  People usually think I am about 12-15 years younger than I really am.  :)
Same here. People think my 22 yr. old daughter and I are sisters whenever we go out! ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/26/04 at 6:16 pm

I can crack every bone in my body

I can do imitations to a T

I am an overall wacky crazy guy! :D ;D

Howard

Written By: Billy Florio on 05/26/04 at 6:18 pm

hmmm

some of you know this stuff already

Im a writer/artist and one of the business managers for Nonsense Humor Magazine (out of Hofstra University)

Ive been on TV twice (both for game shows)

I have performed standup comedy

I write album reviews for my college newspaper

I draw the political cartoons for my college's political newsletter

I am the treasurer of the Hofstra College Republicans

I have met: Steve Buschemi, THe Ultimate Warrior (twice), Sabastian Bach, Wayne Chrebet's wife lol, Scotty Pippin (well, technicly....I just didnt know it was him lol), Art Linkletter, Scott Feldman, and numorous political figures (of both parties)

hmmm...what else.......

I am currently trying to write my 4th movie script........

thats it for now

Written By: Marian on 05/26/04 at 7:53 pm

;DSame here.People think I'm in my 20s.Cheers!

Written By: pennsygirl on 05/26/04 at 8:24 pm

Let's see....I was a frequent spelling bee winner in school as well, and I am also mistaken for being in my mid to late 20's, although I just turned 41 (good thing too, I am way too immature to be 41!)  and people who really know me can't believe others think I'm a quiet, mild mannered person.

Written By: Fred on 05/26/04 at 8:46 pm

Nothing.  :P

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/04 at 8:48 pm

I love Velveeta Shells & Cheese with Pace Thick & Chunky (Hot) Picante Sauce....I'm probably on deaths door ::)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/26/04 at 9:26 pm

Most people who know me think I'm extremely shy but I'm quite the contrary.  Most don't know I have this kinda crazy insane sense of humor.  I always like to make people laugh by quoting/imitating celebrities and/or people I know at convenient times.

Most people are also surprised by the fact that I'm an excellent singer...an excellent singer...an ex...well anyway...Again it's because I'm mostly shy.  I may talk in this shy little voice but then I get up there and sing Mozart or some kinda sh*t and they're all "WOW! Ruth can sing!"

Written By: Jessica on 05/26/04 at 9:34 pm

I love Velveeta Shells & Cheese with Pace Thick & Chunky (Hot) Picante Sauce....I'm probably on deaths door ::)

I have yet to try that. I doubt I ever will.... :P

Written By: nally on 05/26/04 at 10:19 pm

My age.  People usually think I am about 12-15 years younger than I really am.  :)

The past few years, people have underestimated my age too. I don't really like that. :-[

Written By: My name is Kenny on 05/26/04 at 11:30 pm

1.  I play piano.
2.  I strongly dislike all of you.

Written By: Zella on 05/27/04 at 1:08 am

1. I just developed a marked affection for Kenny that was never there before!  ;D

Written By: Bobo on 05/27/04 at 1:35 am

I can't remember anything: particuarly those things which I unequivocally HAVE TO remember.

Written By: karen on 05/27/04 at 4:16 am

I don't really enjoy cooking meals and stuff but I do like baking. 
I cook good Welsh Cakes.  My mother-in-law, who has won prizes for hers, says they are v good.

Written By: jaytee on 05/27/04 at 7:13 am

I'm mostly happy when I'm out and about and always laughing.  When I'm suffering from depression I stay at home, sometimes don't bother getting out of bed or answering the phone and cry for hours on end.  When I tell people I suffer from depression that look at me in disbelief - I'm sure they think I make it up.  :( 

The other thing that shocks people is how much alcohol I can consume and still talk sense!

In my spare time I like cooking, I make great chutney which is always a hit at our school fete.  I also make dolls clothes (my girls are too old now to dress their dollies) but I still make them for friends' little girls and for our parish craft stall.

Written By: jaytee on 05/27/04 at 7:31 am

I forgot about that one.  In college, I had a drinking contest with the captain of the rugby team.  Imagine his embarrassment when he got his behind kicked in a drinking contest with a 110# girl ;D

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Ripp on 05/27/04 at 10:28 am

I am also double jointed, which is creepy. I can kneel forward (my legs face forward when I kneel). I can also turn my head nearly right the way round........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! (I think my double-jointed-ness is creeeepy) Also, I can imitate anyone with perfect voice and perfect timing of words. All words correct, too. Creepy..

Written By: Rio_Rhodes on 05/27/04 at 12:17 pm

hmmm

Im a writer/artist and one of the business managers for Nonsense Humor Magazine (out of Hofstra University)

I am the treasurer of the Hofstra College Republicans

thats it for now

You go to Hofstra? Oh man! I wanted to go to school there! I was accepted there but I moved out here to NV cuz my family wanted me to be with them, for reasons that sounded good at the time...

I dunno what whould surprise people about me, except maybe when they see my tattoos, "You don't look like the kind of girl who would get tattoos like that!"

There are a couple of other things, but it only surprises guys.... ;)
Older guys come up to me and are surprised when I tell them my age. I have noticed that I am a magnet for older, unavailable men...

And the other thing I really can't say here. ;)

Rio

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/27/04 at 1:27 pm

I have yet to try that. I doubt I ever will.... :P
Don't...you'll live longer!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/27/04 at 2:08 pm

I've lived in 5 different countries and done lots of travelling in my years.  :)

Written By: lebeiw15 on 05/27/04 at 2:39 pm

I love--absolutely LOVE--wearing neckties.

Written By: Bobo on 05/27/04 at 2:42 pm

*gasp* Me too! People don't believe it... but I just find it so comfortable. I always wear a tie along with my concert going shirt, and people think I'm a little bit weird.. or something..

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/27/04 at 3:23 pm

1.  I play piano.

I play piano too!  So you shouldn't hate me...unless of course somewhere we had to compete...not so sure what I would think of you then...  :D  haha j/k

Written By: Howard on 05/27/04 at 6:47 pm

I am a Nostalgia Fan.I collect anything that's old it doesn't matter what it is. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/27/04 at 6:50 pm

Me Too.But only on occasions. ;D

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/04 at 9:18 pm

Thats not too weird.

Where I come from, Mac 'n' Cheese with ketchup on top is considered a delicacy.

The tick is to make sure the Mac 'n' Cheese gets a nice crust on it before you slather on the Heinz... 

:P :P :P :P :P

Written By: AL-B on 05/27/04 at 10:04 pm

I can grill a mean bratwurst.

Written By: lebeiw15 on 05/27/04 at 10:57 pm

Me Too.But only on occasions. ;D

Howard

See, I'm not like that though--sometimes I'll dress up at school, for the fun of it.  I struggle to find occasions to wear a tie.  ;D

Written By: nally on 05/27/04 at 11:03 pm

I play piano too!

I also play the piano. I had private lessons from 1991-93, and then had a piano class in my freshman year of high school (Fall 1994-95 semester), and six years after that, I had a piano class in college. I play periodically, although it would probably be good for me to practice a little more.

Written By: AssKicker on 05/28/04 at 1:09 am

Ohh, where do I start with weird stuff about me...

1. I play piano too (you should hear me play "We Didn't Start the Fire" while screaming it... I totally slaughter it.)
2. I collect spoons. I only have about eight, but I hope to get some more next birthday :)
3. I used to collect stamps.
4. I speak a little Klingon (only the VERY basics though, like "Hello", "Shut up" and "Where is the lavatory?")
5. My hair never stops looking completely stupid. First I had the worst fringe known to man...
Then when I was growing it out I had two chin-length bits dangling from each side of my face- I thought that they looked cool...
Then I had a rat-tail over my right ear- I'd put it in after watching the Star Wars prequels and thought that that looked cool. I kept the same one in for about a month before I got sick of it. It was hilariously curly when I undid it, since it had been plaited for so long.
6. I get up at 6 every morning to watch "The Hoobs".
7. I have an "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" T-shirt.
8. I talk to my computer.
9. I used to play the recorder with my nose.
10. I like writing pointless lists of stuff about myself.

Written By: Bobby on 05/28/04 at 3:40 am

Yeah? I'm not really much of a fan. It feels like someone's strangling me all the time.

You must be the smartest bloke around (as well as Bobo who must be the smartest concert-goer in town).  :)

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/28/04 at 4:40 am

The other thing that shocks people is how much alcohol I can consume and still talk sense!

hahahaha me too !  Whether or not I remember it the next day is a whole nother story.

I dont really know what would surprise people about me - I tend to reveal basically everything about myself.

Lemme think of something.

I come across as generally a nice person who gets along with 90% of people who I meet.  But when I dont like someone - I can be a total cow.  I have given a guy in my team the silent treatment for 14 months so far.

I dont know how surprising this is - but I made a decision at age 12 to never have children and at 35 I am still very firm on that decision.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 05/28/04 at 8:20 am

That I can have a very explosive temper, but it takes a lot to get me there.  :o

There are a few triggers that will short cut the process however  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/28/04 at 1:36 pm

At the age of 14, I travelled 400 miles from Michipicoten Bay (on Lake Superior) to James Bay, Canada (southern tip of Hudson Bay)....  On some days covering 50 miles over water, other days covering 3 miles on foot where the water was too rough.

By canoe and on foot.  Taking all food and supplies with us.  No cars, bikes, or trains.

:) :D ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/28/04 at 1:59 pm

At the age of 14, I travelled 400 miles from Michipicoten Bay (on Lake Superior) to James Bay, Canada (southern tip of Hudson Bay)....  On some days covering 50 miles over water, other days covering 3 miles on foot where the water was too rough.

By canoe and on foot.  Taking all food and supplies with us.  No cars, bikes, or trains.

:) :D ;D

Wow, that's cool!  8)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/28/04 at 4:16 pm

Ohh, where do I start with weird stuff about me...

7. I have an "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" T-shirt.

SWEET!!!  :D

Written By: resinchaser on 05/28/04 at 5:50 pm

I suffer from Agoraphobia. I used to drive my friends crazy because I was always late. Because it would take me about an hour just to calm down enough to leave the house. A few years ago it was so bad that I couldn't get into my car at all.

Written By: Howard on 05/28/04 at 7:54 pm

I can crack every bone in my body. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/28/04 at 8:08 pm

I can do imitations. :D

Howard

Written By: nally on 05/28/04 at 8:09 pm

I can do imitations. :D

Howard

Really? Of who? I can do imitations of various cartoon characters.

Written By: Howard on 05/28/04 at 8:11 pm

Really? Of who? I can do imitations of various cartoon characters.

WC Fields
Big Bird snoring
Ernie
Hulk Hogan
Randy Savage

and a host of others. ;D

Howard

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/28/04 at 10:42 pm

That I might actually admit that Bush is not doing great as far as comminicating with this country right now....but at least I have the jewels to admit it...unlike the liberal Hillary/Billary/Kennedy/Kerry lovers

Written By: dude on 05/29/04 at 4:21 am

That I might actually admit that Bush is not doing great as far as comminicating with this country right now....but at least I have the jewels to admit it...unlike the liberal Hillary/Billary/Kennedy/Kerry lovers
That I'm not afraid to be "labled" a liberal and don't understand why right wingers can't admit to something being wrong with one of their "leaders" without taking a dig at liberals.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/04 at 9:30 am

I can lip sync with some feeling. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 05/29/04 at 9:32 am

See, I'm not like that though--sometimes I'll dress up at school, for the fun of it.  I struggle to find occasions to wear a tie.  ;D

especially when you have to fix it.That's annoying! >:(

Howard

Written By: AssKicker on 05/29/04 at 12:40 pm

I like wearing ties, because I have an annoying habit of grabbing my tie whenever I'm nervous, shy, wanting to show my authority (well, my pretend authority) and/or moving into a new area (such as from outdoors to indoors).

Written By: dude on 05/29/04 at 1:20 pm

I like wearing ties, because I have an annoying habit of grabbing my tie whenever I'm nervous, shy, wanting to show my authority (well, my pretend authority) and/or moving into a new area (such as from outdoors to indoors).
Do you ever feel the need to say "I tell ya, I get no respect.......no respect at all!!"? :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/29/04 at 8:46 pm

I can dance. I have studied ballet many, many moons ago but was never really good at that but I move and shake it.  ;D  I once won a trophy for dance. I'm not as limber as I used to be. I can't do as high of kicks as I used to but I can still do a pirotte. My husband LOVES my dancing.  ;) 

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/29/04 at 9:21 pm

That I'm not afraid to be "labled" a liberal and don't understand why right wingers can't admit to something being wrong with one of their "leaders" without taking a dig at liberals.
I can appreciate that, dude ;) I just want to add that I really wonder why libs can't admit that clinton screwed up on his last day when he released crimminals..AND how ridiculous it is to say that he was one of our greatest presidents ever??? :o ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/04 at 7:59 am

I can appreciate that, dude ;) I just want to add that I really wonder why libs can't admit that clinton screwed up on his last day when he released crimminals..AND how ridiculous it is to say that he was one of our greatest presidents ever??? :o ::)

Particularly his pardon of fugitive financier Marc Rich who, despite his pardon for the crimes that he was already convicted of, has WISELY chosen to not return to the United States.

The news agancies did not even scratch the surface to describe the array of questionable dealings he had (including at the time of his pardon), including those with figures reputed to be kingpins in the Russian Mob.  If you did a web search on notorious figures such as Lev Chernoy, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, the Reuben Brothers, and other notorious Russian figures, they usually link back to Rich.

It would be REAL interesting to find out exactly what happened behind the scenes to get Clinton to pardon Rich.

Written By: Howard on 05/30/04 at 11:11 am

I can walk for a couple of miles without getting so tired.

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 11:15 am

I am not a great conversationalist.  ::)

Written By: nally on 03/08/05 at 2:05 pm

I can walk for a couple of miles without getting so tired.

Howard

So can I...although I was probably unable to do so about half my life ago...

Anyway, something that would probably surprise people about me...

I can figure out what day of the week a certain date will fall on in a certain year, usually in less than a few seconds.

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/08/05 at 5:42 pm

I fell off a cliff in Aspen, CO and survived.

Written By: mkjmartin on 03/08/05 at 5:48 pm

wat would saprise people about me is im only 8 years old lol

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 7:03 pm

I can crack every bone in my body ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 03/08/05 at 7:06 pm

Even your toe, Howard?

The fact that I don't speak in a posh English accent?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 7:15 pm

Even your toe, Howard?

The fact that I don't speak in a posh English accent?  ;D

Yes.even my toe ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 03/08/05 at 7:17 pm

Yes.even my toe ;D

Very cool.  8)

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 7:21 pm

Very cool.  8)

no not cool.very hurts :o

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 03/08/05 at 7:22 pm

no not cool.very hurts :o

Well . . . Don't crack your bones then.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/08/05 at 7:23 pm

Well . . . Don't crack your bones then.  ;D

I've been doing that for almost 17 years on and off.sometimes it's been painful and sometimes not

Howard

Written By: Apricot on 03/08/05 at 7:26 pm

I'm really insecure, actually.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/09/05 at 12:22 am

let's see....

I am left-handed
I have naturally curly hair
I want to write a book
I think some girls are cute
and some boys too!!
I love to act in plays
and sing
and I am somewhat obsessive compulsive

Erin :)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 12:23 am

I've got a very famous cousin: Jimmy Carter.

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 12:37 am

I can crack every bone in my body ;D

Howard
are you Evil Kinevil?

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 12:38 am

I've got a very famous cousin: Jimmy Carter.
and Billy Carter too?  ::)

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 12:40 am

I can be a bit sarcastic and sometimes I'm a smartasss...I know it's hard to believe but it's true  ;)

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 12:48 am

Who is Billy Carter?

All I know is, Jimmy Carter is my 4th cousin or something along those lines. His mother is my maternal grandmother's 1st cousin. But they are from Georgia and we don't really know our relatives out east. So needless to say I haven't met him and neither has anyone in my family who lives over here in Texas.

Written By: ADH13 on 03/09/05 at 12:59 am

I eat fast food for lunch almost every day, and sometimes for dinner too.
I am 5' 10" tall and my weight ranges from 130-140 no matter what I eat.

I have never had:
The flu
A bloody nose
Strep Throat
Chickenpox
Heartburn
A broken bone
Food poisoning

My favorite way to exercise is by jumping on a pogo stick.

I am very afraid of spiders.

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/09/05 at 1:00 am

I eat fast food for lunch almost every day, and sometimes for dinner too.
I am 5' 10" tall and my weight ranges from 130-140 no matter what I eat.

I have never had:
The flu
A bloody nose
Strep Throat
Chickenpox
Heartburn
A broken bone
Food poisoning

My favorite way to exercise is by jumping on a pogo stick.

I am very afraid of spiders.

Wow, long and tall.  :o

Well anyway, I REALLY gotta go now; night.

Written By: jiminy on 03/09/05 at 1:01 am

Who is Billy Carter?

All I know is, Jimmy Carter is my 4th cousin or something along those lines. His mother is my maternal grandmother's 1st cousin. But they are from Georgia and we don't really know our relatives out east. So needless to say I haven't met him and neither has anyone in my family who lives over here in Texas.
Billy is Jimmy's brother, he had a beer out called Billy Beer in the 70s

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 4:46 pm

I have only 4 toes on my right foot

Written By: NullandVoid on 03/09/05 at 4:56 pm

I can sing VERY well but I have no desire to be a singer or an American idol.
I can however compose music from the notes to the lyrics. I've already written about 20+ instrumentals and approx 9 songs with lyrics, but I'm too shy to show my work outside my circle of friends.

Written By: Bobby on 03/09/05 at 5:14 pm

I want to write a book

I would like to write a book too. I've started but never finished.  ::)

One day . . .  :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/09/05 at 5:38 pm

I thought it was 4 1/2 ???

More or less... it is just a small bit.. so yes i suppose there is still a bit of toe there..

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 6:30 pm

are you Evil Kinevil?

Well,I can try to contort my body but it's hard to ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/09/05 at 6:30 pm

I can lip sync

Howard

Written By: jaytee on 03/10/05 at 12:50 am

I have only 4 toes on my right foot

Were you born with 4 toes or did you lose one to an accident.  I went to school with a girl who had lost a couple of her toes thanks to the mower!

Written By: goodsin on 03/10/05 at 1:25 am

That I'm actually quite a nice guy in real life? :D

Or that I worked for 3 years with a well-known British serial killer, Fred West. :o

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 4:12 am

Were you born with 4 toes or did you lose one to an accident.  I went to school with a girl who had lost a couple of her toes thanks to the mower!

I slipped in the bathroom and my foot went through the skirting tiles sliceing it off. The skin around it rotted even after it was treated because some bits of Tile and what not got in there, and about half the skin on my foot had to be cut off to stop the spread. It was Gross!!!

Written By: jiminy on 03/10/05 at 4:21 am

I can lip sync

Howard
do I smell a Milli Vanilli comeback?

Written By: Bobby on 03/10/05 at 5:48 am

You know it's true . . .  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 03/10/05 at 6:01 am

You know it's true . . .  ;D
but does the big H have the dance moves too?  8)

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 6:13 am

That I'm actually quite a nice guy in real life? :D

Or that I worked for 3 years with a well-known British serial killer, Fred West. :o

My friend Baileys uncle was the last person to see Harold Shipman alive..

Written By: karen on 03/10/05 at 6:25 am

The wife of the final examiner for my Masters thesis was the one who first reported Shipman to the police after he altered her mother's will.

Written By: jiminy on 03/10/05 at 6:27 am

Eventhough I live in Georgia, I have no southern accent

Written By: Alchoholica on 03/10/05 at 6:46 am

Eventhough I live in Georgia, I have no southern accent

I have lived in the Midlands most of my life, yet i have a London Accent (although it isn't strong enough to be Dick Van Dykey)

Written By: jaytee on 03/10/05 at 7:57 am

I slipped in the bathroom and my foot went through the skirting tiles sliceing it off. The skin around it rotted even after it was treated because some bits of Tile and what not got in there, and about half the skin on my foot had to be cut off to stop the spread. It was Gross!!!

Ouch!  My brother-in-law nearly lost in a toe in exactly the same manner.

Written By: jiminy on 03/10/05 at 9:16 am

mmmhmmmm....that's what everyone says ;)
Dad was in the military 20 years so I didn't grow up in the south

Written By: nally on 03/10/05 at 1:23 pm

I'm an only child.
I'm the only grandchild on either side of the family.
I have no aunts, only two uncles (both of which have been single all their lives, and a deceased uncle who was also single his whole life).

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 3:08 pm

No.I'm nothing ike Milli Vanilli. ;D

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 3:09 pm

but does the big H have the dance moves too?  8)

Yes,I do.

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/10/05 at 3:10 pm

that I have an ear for music ;D

Howard

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/10/05 at 10:03 pm

:o

Written By: ElDuderino on 03/10/05 at 10:06 pm

I'm an only child.
I'm the only grandchild on either side of the family.
I have no aunts, only two uncles (both of which have been single all their lives, and a deceased uncle who was also single his whole life).

..Wow, rather barren family tree there.

Written By: ADH13 on 05/06/05 at 11:43 pm

I forgot to mention one other quirky thing about me.

I can't frown.  My forehead muscles just won't wrinkle up like that.

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 05/07/05 at 7:00 am

That i'm actually quite a shy person in real life. No-one on the board'll believe that - especially not anyone who's wrote a parody on AmIRight, they all think i'm all-mouth!  ;D

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/07/05 at 8:11 am

I can fold myself in half, backwards among other things. I'm very flexible.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/07/05 at 8:15 am

Most think I can be quite nice, but I do have sarcastic side that I tend to hide, when it does shine it is like a sharp razor, so I use it sparingly.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/07/05 at 10:22 am

That I'm a sappy person.

~Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/07/05 at 12:57 pm

ok....ya i am strange...but...

I like the taste of chalk

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/07/05 at 12:58 pm

I think your pregnant, and that just happens to be the oddball "food" that you crave. Weirdo.

~Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/07/05 at 1:00 pm

you can't be pregnant when you have a 2 month long "period" silly :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/07/05 at 1:24 pm

you can't be pregnant when you have a 2 month long "period" silly :D

TMI.

~beth :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/07/05 at 1:26 pm

Oh and BTW, tell Chris I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/07/05 at 1:26 pm

well...I was trying to be as discreet as I possibly could....

I didn't go into details..now did i?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/07/05 at 1:27 pm

Oh and BTW, tell Chris I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

i will....but I have a thread started for that in the playful penguin place...so kindly move that comment over there!

Written By: Apricot on 05/07/05 at 8:30 pm

My moods can shift rather rapidly, but in a predicatble order, and never a rapid up-shift. It's always a down-shift, in this order:

Happy or Normal
Sad, which channels into Either
Depressed    Lonely    or Angry
Angry can turn violent, lonely can mix with depressed, depressed just stays depressed.

Written By: EthanM on 05/07/05 at 9:00 pm

Let's see:

I made it to the finals of the Long Island spelling bee 11 years ago
I have much better hand-eye coordination than most people expect
I might've written more parodies of hit songs from the 2000s than anybody ever
I self-published a book and hopefully i'll write a book that makes money one day
I have a degree (finished classes in december) from a top 50 liberal arts college (US News ranking) but no job

I think that's enough

Written By: Climber on 05/08/05 at 2:19 am

I think your pregnant, and that just happens to be the oddball "food" that you crave. Weirdo.

~Beth

People have been known to crave non-foods, such as dirt, when they're pregnant... :P

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/08/05 at 5:42 am

ME and you both sister. Chalk is not my thing, but I have a habit of eating a lollipop and not stopping at the stick. I used to devour a whole pixie stick, wrapper and everything. In other words, I like the taste of paper. :P

Written By: Alchoholica on 05/08/05 at 9:10 am

ME and you both sister. Chalk is not my thing, but I have a habit of eating a lollipop and not stopping at the stick. I used to devour a whole pixie stick, wrapper and everything. In other words, I like the taste of paper. :P

Meh.. it isn't just women. If i have a muffin.. the paper tends to go down as well  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/08/05 at 10:25 pm

OMG....that is so funny.....

however...I have been guilty of that too...esp the lollipop stick....it just keeps unraveling as you chew it...and what else are you supposed to do with it..besides eat it or throw it away?

LOL

Written By: jiminy on 05/09/05 at 8:29 am

you are strange, paste is a lot better tasting   :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/05 at 9:59 am

ya....I remember when I was in elementary school...there were kids that used to eat paste and glue all the time

Written By: chaka on 05/09/05 at 10:08 am

I used to love glue!! :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/05 at 10:09 am

I never really liked the taste of glue...but I always thought it was fun to pour glue on my hands..watch it dry and then peel it off! LOL!

Written By: chaka on 05/09/05 at 10:11 am

^;D
actually I've never tried that (yet ;))

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/05 at 10:13 am

hehehee..

it's never too late to give it a whirl!! LOL!

Written By: chaka on 05/09/05 at 10:15 am

Pass me the glue!!
;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/05 at 10:17 am

i remember one kid in grade school who would eat an entire piece of paper....while sitting in class....

why were we kids so strange?  well....some of "us"....ahem..."me"...never change! LOL!

Written By: chaka on 05/09/05 at 10:21 am

Yeah,I'm a weirdo ::)

I wonder why kids like to taste everything they see...probably curiosity ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/05 at 10:25 am

I have no idea....

my little boy (who will be 3 in a few weeks).....attempts to eat everything....he will find all sorts of gross stuff and he knows it gets to me.....he will hold it up and "threaten" to eat it....stuff like crumbs he finds in his car seat...gross stuff like that! LOL!

when he was really little...he ate one of those furry catepillars....we had to take him to the hospital...he had to get operated on because the kind he ate happened to have poisonous prickly things on it....but thank God...he didn't have any in his throat....it was quite a scare....

kids are nutso! LOL!

Written By: karen on 05/09/05 at 10:28 am

I wonder why kids like to taste everything they see...probably curiosity ::)

Unless its green and healthy looking vegetables

Written By: chaka on 05/09/05 at 10:29 am

when he was really little...he ate one of those furry catepillars....we had to take him to the hospital...he had to get operated on because the kind he ate happened to have poisonous prickly things on it....but thank God...he didn't have any in his throat....it was quite a scare....

Glad he was ok :)
I never tried eating insects,too gross ;D
Actually you can buy insect burgers :P

Written By: chaka on 05/09/05 at 10:30 am

Unless its green and healthy looking vegetables

yeah that's true ::)
kids...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/09/05 at 10:32 am

my sister was the same way when she was little....

she tried to eat a bug...she chewed on a cigarette once.....

when I was about 4 though...I had a very GROSS experience....

my uncles both chewed tabacco....and would spit it in a small paper cup....

well...I was young and thought it was someones PEPSI or something....

and..ya...you guessed it...

let's just say that I was throwing up for hours.

YUCK  :(

Written By: chaka on 05/09/05 at 10:34 am

^OMG that's discusting :D
No wonder you felt sick..!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 05/09/05 at 12:00 pm

I have no idea....

my little boy (who will be 3 in a few weeks).....attempts to eat everything....he will find all sorts of gross stuff and he knows it gets to me.....he will hold it up and "threaten" to eat it....stuff like crumbs he finds in his car seat...gross stuff like that! LOL!

I ate a piece of paper in 1st grade once. We werent allowed to get out of our seats, and I didn't know what else to do with it.
*cackle*

~Beth
kids are nutso! LOL!

Written By: Everlong on 05/09/05 at 11:27 pm

-  I cannot tell the difference between left and right at all.
-  I won third place out of 350 people in a poetry contest in middle school.
- I was raised by my grandmother and am an only child.
- When I was a kid I carried around a stuffed cheetah named Cheetah everywhere.
- I've been chased by a donkey. It was HUGE.
- I've played the trombone for five years.
- After having travelled on airplanes since I was a baby, I've recently developed a phobia of flying.
- I hate all seafood.
- I was born on the same day as the guy in my avatar.
- I had generalized anxiety disorder when I was ten.
- So far I've been able to balance four textbooks on my head and still walk around, albeit very slowly.
- I hate rollercoasters.
- I can crack my thighs and elbows.
- When I was a kid I thought OJ Simpson was Homer Simpson.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/05/05 at 11:50 pm

I can make farting noises by pressing the palm of my hand over my entire eye and pushing in and out.....

I can crack my wrists over and over again

hahahaaa...ya it's getting late...can ya tell?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/05/05 at 11:53 pm

I can make farting noises by pressing the palm of my hand over my entire eye and pushing in and out.....

Mahahha, that's funny when you do that.

I crack my jaw like crazy. It grosses a lot of people out.

~Beth

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/05/05 at 11:55 pm

yep.....it does :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 06/06/05 at 12:02 am

yep.....it does :D

Pfft..Oh yeah?.....well YOU...*stops self*

*shakes fist in the air*

~Beth

Written By: scarletgail on 06/06/05 at 2:56 am

that i really went to college and was in the mental health field till i took a break to be a waitress :o lol go figure

Written By: nally on 07/07/05 at 11:52 am

that I have an ear for music ;D

Howard

I do too. When I was little I could play by ear (and still can), but I could figure out the melodies to songs and play them on the piano (or electric keyboard). But when I was only a year old, I had this little piano and could play happy birthday without reading any music first. I don't remember that, but my parents certainly do.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/05 at 12:57 pm

Apparently to my friends in RL, I'm not as innocent as I seem http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/angel3.gif  I just found out that a good friend wanted to invite me to join their "party group", but was worried that I'd get offended because they sometimes get "a little crude".......if they only knew the "real" me (as some of you do) http://www.inthe00s.com/smilies/goodnevil.gif

That's happened to me, too.  ;) ;D

Cat

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/07/05 at 6:44 pm

I can do that too!!! Seriously! I thought I was the only one!  :o
Wow, funny how people can share strange talents...

Written By: jiminy on 07/07/05 at 6:56 pm

I can make farting noises by pressing the palm of my hand over my entire eye and pushing in and out....

I have faith in you that you can do it the good old fashioned way as well ;)  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/07/05 at 9:12 pm

I have faith in you that you can do it the good old fashioned way as well ;)  ;D

um......ladies don't FART Jiminy!

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 07/08/05 at 8:07 am

That DOES surprise me  :o

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 07/08/05 at 9:08 am

I'm actually no where near as talkative/outgoing in real life as I am on here.  8) :D

Written By: karen on 07/08/05 at 9:10 am

No one told me I wasn't supposed to!!

what would you find surprising about me?    I can play the flute

Written By: jiminy on 07/08/05 at 11:24 am

have you ever seen that eddy murphy skit about his girlfriend farting?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/08/05 at 3:36 pm

I've always wondered why they keep it in most of the time.

Written By: jiminy on 07/08/05 at 3:38 pm

I've always wondered why they keep it in most of the time.

most of the time ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/08/05 at 4:16 pm

most of the time ;)

How do they keep it in? ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/08/05 at 6:26 pm

I don't know if this would surprise people or not, but I don't socialise and mix with people very well in real life. I have a handful of friends at school, but at home I have only a couple. Everyone round my estate is friendly toward me, there are no people who don't like me (that i'm aware of), but some weeks i'll only go out on a couple of occasions. I've always been the same - I just can't seem to mix very well with large groups of people... never mind, i'm happy as I am so no worries  ;)

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/08/05 at 6:31 pm

Oh, and i'm also a heavy depressent who suffers from paranoia and anxiety who is actually communicating using my brainwaves from my lovely padded cell in a mental institute on a remote island in the middle of nowhere...

...only kidding  :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/08/05 at 7:22 pm

I I can't say here. I'd probably get banned ;D

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 07/08/05 at 7:23 pm

I'm Robocop - SURPRISE!  ::)

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 7:54 pm

I'm Robocop - SURPRISE!  ::)

I'm the following people:

Apricot
ChuckyG
Howard
DAK
YWN
FaultyDog
ktelqueen
Bobby
RockandRollFan
Philip Eno
Hairspray
Gemini
Shiprunner
Jamie McBain
nally
Alcoholica
MidKnightDarkness
Quirk
Ripp
Airrider
Robocop
Banjo
jiminy
MooRocca
Bobo

Sooooo.. it's basically just me and Marty McFly.  ;D

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/08/05 at 7:57 pm

Sooooo.. it's basically just me and Marty McFly.  ;D

And Mr. Powell and I !!   :D ;D

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 7:59 pm

Hey, you can't talk! You're Me!

A few I forgot:

C.NOIZE
FormerPrezCarter

Although Mr. Powell.. that's not me at all. By no means.

Written By: C.NOIZE on 07/08/05 at 8:06 pm

Hey, you can't talk!

:-X

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/08/05 at 8:10 pm

i figured out how to get invisible ink into the computer see:                                        <<<Good stuff huh?

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 8:12 pm

i figured out how to get invisible ink into the computer see:                                         <<<Good stuff huh?

That's some craaaaaaaaaazy stuff there.  :D

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/08/05 at 8:20 pm

That's some craaaaaaaaaazy stuff there.  :D

I working on rotary cellphones, I bet you it'll become a trend. New Yorkers will snatch up anything and make it a trend.

Written By: jiminy on 07/08/05 at 9:00 pm

How do they keep it in? ;D

they prefer to BURP and taste it instead of FART and waste it   :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/08/05 at 11:39 pm

have you ever seen that eddy murphy skit about his girlfriend farting?  ;D

no...can't say that I have.

Written By: TC1970 on 07/09/05 at 5:58 am

people would be susprised how picky of an eater I am yet it don't show.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/09/05 at 12:13 pm

people would be susprised how picky of an eater I am yet it don't show.  ;D

I am the opposite. People are surprised at how much food I can pack away.

Cat

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/09/05 at 3:21 pm

People are often suprised at how sappy i can be. I wouldn't go in the animal shelter the other day (we're looking for another dog) Because it was one of the ones where they sometimes put down healthy dogs because they aren't found homes. We drove all the way to the Humane Society instead.

Written By: Bobby on 07/09/05 at 4:43 pm

People are often suprised at how sappy i can be. I wouldn't go in the animal shelter the other day (we're looking for another dog) Because it was one of the ones where they sometimes put down healthy dogs because they aren't found homes. We drove all the way to the Humane Society instead.

That's cool. You let your good principles get in the way of getting a dog from there.  :)

After our discussions I am not surprised but I like to call it 'mature' rather than 'sappy'.  ;) :)

Written By: Howard on 07/09/05 at 4:46 pm

they prefer to BURP and taste it instead of FART and waste it   :D

disgusting :P

Written By: Apricot on 07/09/05 at 4:46 pm

That's a very good principal. I respect that.. but I thought the Humane Society did that too.. at least that's what my Grandfather told me years ago.

Written By: jiminy on 07/09/05 at 4:48 pm

That's a very good principal. I respect that.. but I thought the Humane Society did that too.. at least that's what my Grandfather told me years ago.

why did you take your Grandfather to the Humane Society, are Old Folk homes too pricey?  :D

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/10/05 at 2:38 pm

They put sick and injured dogs down if they can't do much about them.. they usually tend to leave them be otherwise. I think if a dog is there for a few years they tend to possibly have them put down unlike many organisations where the turnover is around 3 months.

Written By: tv on 07/10/05 at 9:45 pm

What would surprise people about me?

I like both 80's and 90's pop cluture.  Some people on these boards insist to attack the 80's or 90's because they prefer one decade over the other.

I like Black women(I am a white guy and I think some of the guys I meet in my life are shocked about that. I even had a black guy at a place I used to work at surprised about that. I still like white and Spanish women though.

I am mysterious i think. A woman at a place I used to work at was like I could picture you partying. For the record I don;t go to party;s. Its not my thing.

I watch the UPN Show "Girlfriends" sometimes.

People are surprised that I am alone when I go out.

I like Pop/R&B music from the 80's and 90's. Most guys my age do not listen to that kind of music.

I like to sing hit songs sometimes from R&B artists.

Written By: tv on 07/10/05 at 9:48 pm

I don't know if this would surprise people or not, but I don't socialise and mix with people very well in real life. I have a handful of friends at school, but at home I have only a couple. Everyone round my estate is friendly toward me, there are no people who don't like me (that i'm aware of), but some weeks i'll only go out on a couple of occasions. I've always been the same - I just can't seem to mix very well with large groups of people... never mind, i'm happy as I am so no worries  ;)
I feel the same way. I like to talk better one on one with a person than with a large group of people.

Written By: Bobby on 07/11/05 at 1:56 am

I feel the same way. I like to talk better one on one with a person than with a large group of people.

I too feel much easier on one to one situations but have got used to large groups in the last three years or so.  8)

Written By: Cait Sith on 07/11/05 at 7:50 am

People would probably be surprised to know that one of my arms is slightly longer than the other :o

Subject: Woops' Candid Post (But Not Too Much Info)

Written By: woops on 07/13/05 at 6:02 pm

Facts about Woops!

I was born with a slight disibility, a cleft pallet, which took nearly two decades to fix
Very fond of classic cartoons, which I used to watch during recovering on Nickeloden, Disney, etc.
Was constantly picked on during my school years, but have learned to be a strong individual
Didn't had many friends at school (went to a couple elementry schools along with Jr high & high school) & was a loner
Love music from the 60's (selected artists), '70's, and mostly from the '80's & '90's
Had a crush on "Debbie Gibson" during the same time B.S. (a certain trashy notalent) came onto the scene
Actually prefer Deborah Gibson over Madonna & Michael Jackson, though I like a couple of their songs, mostly '80's
Currently I only watch 2 shows on The Disney Channel, depsite hating the network: "House of Mouse" & "Suite Life of Zack & Cody".
Lurker name: "Maddie's The Boss", reference to Ashley Tisdale's character on "The Suite Life" & '80's sitcom "Who's The Boss"
Love pop ballads, power ballads, & love songs (But NO Celine Dion & Michael Bolton  :P)
Also love watching '80's (some '90's) music videos
21 years old and Hispanic
Also like original Fox sitcoms, Beavis & Butt-Head, Ren & Stimpy, and Adult Swim
Not a fan of illegal music downloads (sorry, I'm with Metallica...though they now suck...and others)
Collect vinyl records, cassette singles, CDs, and music DVDs/video tapes

That's all for now...  :)

Written By: Miss Tainted on 07/13/05 at 7:47 pm

Nothing about me would really suprise anybody.  :-\\

Written By: Paul on 07/14/05 at 7:02 am

A lot of you may be surprised to know that I am a babe magnet...

(I'm sure you all remember the film!)

(Slice of bacon, anyone?!!)

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/14/05 at 9:09 am

I have a whole bunch of strange phobias that I've managed internalize over the years.

Subject: Re: Woops' Candid Post (But Not Too Much Info)

Written By: TC1970 on 07/25/05 at 5:54 am

Facts about Woops

Ren & Stimpy, 

One of my fav too. Always funny!

People would be susprised to know that I put together wooden dollhouses.

Subject: Re: Woops' Candid Post (But Not Too Much Info)

Written By: karen on 07/25/05 at 6:06 am

Facts about Woops!

Lurker name: "Maddie's The Boss", reference to Ashley Tisdale's character on "The Suite Life" & '80's sitcom "Who's The Boss"

I always assumed the name came from Moonlighting.  Wasn't Cybill Shepherds character called Maddie?

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/25/05 at 11:05 am

Really?  I would think you would WANT to get one from the animal shelter....one less dog that they can unnecessarily put down :-\\

It's cus i don't like to see them, because you can't take 'em all and you know some of them will be put down.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/23/05 at 6:26 pm

I make lots of comics... Nobody guesses that I do, so maybe it's a surprise?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/24/05 at 12:52 am

I'm not on RO at the moment.  ;D ;D

OMFG!!! 

Beth

Written By: Mai on 08/24/05 at 4:39 pm

...that I do not know what 'RO' is...

Written By: jiminy on 08/24/05 at 4:47 pm

RO is short for Romania

Written By: Howard on 08/24/05 at 4:51 pm

That I am a funny person and quite a jokester ;D

Written By: Mai on 08/24/05 at 5:57 pm

RO is short for Romania

Thank you for the infomation :)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/24/05 at 6:14 pm

Justin! Now's your chance!!

Beth

Written By: jiminy on 08/24/05 at 6:18 pm

I never fart   :o

Written By: Howard on 08/24/05 at 6:35 pm

I never fart   :o

Yes you do

Written By: jiminy on 08/24/05 at 6:36 pm

Yes you do

how do you know?

Written By: Howard on 08/24/05 at 6:37 pm

how do you know?

I've seen it

Written By: jiminy on 08/24/05 at 6:38 pm

I've seen it

maybe i use Beano  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/05 at 6:39 pm

maybe i use Beano  ;D

How do you feel afterwards?

Written By: jiminy on 08/24/05 at 6:43 pm

How do you feel afterwards?

full of hot air ;D

Written By: rich1981 on 08/25/05 at 1:44 am

Q: What would surprise people about you?
A: Probably that I love liver and onions.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/05 at 1:49 am

I've seen it
How does one "see" a fart?  ??? :o

Written By: jiminy on 08/25/05 at 5:13 am

on a very cold day they appear... of course a wet fart is very visible  ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/25/05 at 3:20 pm

You can smell it,but definitely can't see it.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/05 at 3:21 pm

I'm quite a romantic ;)

Written By: Tam on 08/25/05 at 11:22 pm

I may seem nice up front....

But I am a B!TCH at heart!!! ;D ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/25/05 at 11:34 pm

I'm quite a romantic ;)

So am i.. ain't it a shocker.

Maybe... you know one day Howard, we could.. go out for a candlelight supper and.. you know.. Watch your porno movies  ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/25/05 at 11:42 pm

Maybe... you know one day Howard, we could.. go out for a candlelight supper and.. you know.. Watch your porno movies  ;D

Yeah, then you can break out the yogurt and ice cubes and he can............

Make a smoothie for the two of you to share  :)

Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/25/05 at 11:43 pm

Yeah, then you can break out the yogurt and ice cubes and he can............

Make a smoothie for the two of you to share  :)

Beth

That would get me wet..
With perspiration, what with the hard work involved with eating smoothies.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/25/05 at 11:48 pm

That would get me wet..
With perspiration, what with the hard work involved with eating smoothies.

Then you can bond for a little bit right after you make sweet, hot, sticky......

Fudge! Nothing goes better with a hearty smoothie than fudge!  :)

Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/25/05 at 11:51 pm

Then you can bond for a little bit right after you make sweet, hot, sticky......

Fudge! Nothing goes better with a hearty smoothie than fudge!  :)

Beth

Except maybe a nice, long, thick, tight, lucious, dripping, firm...
Frankfurter. Yeah, those things just finish off any evening.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/25/05 at 11:51 pm

Interesting meal.  :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/26/05 at 12:15 am

Hm... Porno.. Smoothies... Fudge... Frankfurter?  ??? It doesn't really sound that appealing...

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you guys were trying to infer something...  :-\\

What?! If only I knew what you were talking about. Pervert.

Beth

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/26/05 at 12:16 am

Hm... Porno.. Smoothies... Fudge... Frankfurter?  ??? It doesn't really sound that appealing...

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you guys were trying to infer something...  :-\\

SICK..FREAK!!!

For that i ought to beat you like a Dutchman!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/26/05 at 12:20 am

What? I was thinking that you were saying that we all should get together and have a cook-off. What's so Dutch about that?

Dammit.....

Beth

Written By: ADH13 on 08/26/05 at 12:21 am

@

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/26/05 at 12:22 am

What? I was thinking that you were saying that we all should get together and have a cook-off. What's so Dutch about that?

You've never seen a BBQ In Holland. It's a national affair.

3AM at the old Klingon Place?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/26/05 at 12:22 am

@

On NO YOU DINT!!!! Thems fighin' werds!  >:(

beth

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/26/05 at 12:23 am

~

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/26/05 at 12:24 am

~

Awwwww, it's okay...a lot of guys have that problem  :)

Beth

Written By: ADH13 on 08/26/05 at 12:24 am

On NO YOU DINT!!!! Thems fighin' werds!  >:(

beth

and just for the record... NO that @ person wasn't me... I realized after I typed it that if taken as a response to "What would surprise people about you" it might seem like I was saying it was me.. but it wasn't.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 08/26/05 at 12:51 am

I have a serious side.

LYKEOMGWTFNOWAY!!!!  ::)
!

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 08/26/05 at 12:55 am

I have a serious side.

LYKEOMGWTFNOWAY!!!!  ::)

Okay, a couple of nights ago...you weren't playing RO..

..Now you say you have a serious side?

That surprises me.  :o <---see. The look of utter disbelief

!

;D ;D ;D

At least we now know who the infamous "@" culprit was.... *raises eyebrow*

Beth

Written By: rich1981 on 08/26/05 at 12:57 am

I haven't cried for ten years :o. No, really, it's just that there has been nothing that tragic in my life, but I have gotten depressed at the times though.

Written By: Bobby on 08/26/05 at 1:02 am

That's good Rich ^  :)

I can't cross my eyes.

Written By: jiminy on 08/26/05 at 1:09 am

I can't cross my eyes.

I can't cross my legs  :D

Written By: jackas on 08/26/05 at 1:14 am

I can't cross my eyes.

You can't?

I don't like to, it hurts. :o

Written By: jackas on 08/26/05 at 1:15 am

::)

Written By: Bobby on 08/26/05 at 1:15 am

You can't keep your legs shut?  ;) ;D

Written By: jiminy on 08/26/05 at 1:16 am

You can't keep your legs shut?  ;) ;D

I got peanut butter legs  :D

Written By: jackas on 08/26/05 at 1:17 am

I got peanut butter legs  :D

LOL what does that mean? ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/26/05 at 1:17 am

You can't?

I don't like to, it hurts. :o

Apparently not, lol - I've tried so many times.  ;D

It might be to do with an operation I had to adjust the turn in my eyes (one goes outwards - usually when I'm tired).

Written By: jiminy on 08/26/05 at 1:18 am

ready to spread   ;D

Written By: jackas on 08/26/05 at 1:19 am

Apparently not, lol - I've tried so many times.  ;D

It might be to do with an operation I had to adjust the turn in my eyes (one goes outwards - usually when I'm tired).

Don't try too hard, they'll get stuck. :P ::)

Written By: jiminy on 08/26/05 at 1:20 am

a good name for an English pub is "The Queen's Legs"
I'll arrive early and wait for the queen's legs to open
  ;D

Written By: jackas on 08/26/05 at 1:23 am

ready to spread   ;D

LOL ::)

Written By: Bobby on 08/26/05 at 1:33 am

Don't try too hard, they'll get stuck. :P ::)

Alright then I won't.  ;D

Written By: jiminy on 08/26/05 at 1:40 am

Alright then I won't.  ;D

i'm a friendly sort, if it gets stuck i'll give ya a wallop on the back of yer noggin  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/26/05 at 3:05 pm

We can watch pornos but there will be no candlelight supper,how about TV Dinners or Hot Pockets instead with a bottle of Coke? ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/26/05 at 3:06 pm

Infer what? He was the one who started all this crap! >:(

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/26/05 at 3:09 pm

We can watch pornos but there will be no candlelight supper,how about TV Dinners or Hot Pockets instead with a bottle of Coke? ;D

OOH OOH OOH!!! What about.. Chinese Take out with dr Pepper? Then you got a date  ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/26/05 at 3:29 pm

OOH OOH OOH!!! What about.. Chinese Take out with dr Pepper? Then you got a date  ;)

What is your favorite Chinese Food? ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/26/05 at 3:42 pm

chinese food is yummy! especially walnut chicken, general Tso's chicken, and crab rangoons :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/26/05 at 3:45 pm

You can have the walnut chicken, we can share the other 2 & I'll also get some pepper beef :)

sounds like a plan! ;)

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/26/05 at 3:47 pm

What is your favorite Chinese Food? ;D

Crab Rangoon in sweet and sour sauce.

I also love Hot Braised Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, Orange Chicken, Sweet & Sour Pork (Cantonese Style), Shuan Niu Rou and Yue Shi Kao Ya which is basically Roasted Duck but done in a very special Cantonese style.

OOOHHHHHH!!! I LOVE Chinese food and noone else in my house does :( Can I cum too? PWEEEEEEEZE????

Well, for one thing you made a typo that just begged to be exploited ::) Wait till vegas  ;D

chinese food is yummy! especially walnut chicken, general Tso's chicken, and crab rangoons :D

Whenever we go to a Chinese Buffet, i usually scare the proprieters at how many Crab Rangoons i can eat. Unhealthy amounts.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/26/05 at 3:49 pm

Whenever we go to a Chinese Buffet, i usually scare the proprieters at how many Crab Rangoons i can eat. Unhealthy amounts.

LOL...you sound like my husband....he literally feasts off of crab rangoons....he has platefuls of them.....and hey, Beth isn't too shabby when it comes to making a meal out of crab rangoons either...she can put away a TON of them! LOL!

Written By: YWN on 08/26/05 at 3:50 pm

...Everything.

Written By: Alchoholica on 08/26/05 at 3:55 pm

...Everything.

What suprises me is that the Hitman i sent failed. Well, if you want a job doing you gotta do it yourself.. *grabs shovel*

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/26/05 at 4:43 pm

i don't know how to drive  ::) :-[

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/26/05 at 5:09 pm

The amount of food I can put away....especially since I lost the weight ;)

man, I wish I had that problem!!

......that I hardly eat anything and am still overweight :( :-[

Written By: Howard on 08/27/05 at 2:40 pm

OOOHHHHHH!!!  I LOVE Chinese food and noone else in my house does :(  Can I cum too?  PWEEEEEEEZE????

You spelled come wrong.You actually want to cum with me? :o

But anyway sure you can,bring the beer if you want.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/05 at 6:28 pm

The amount of food I can put away....especially since I lost the weight ;)

Me too. I eat more than Carlos.

What most people would be surprised about me is that I can interpret dreams.  ;D

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/27/05 at 8:43 pm

Me too, except I was a little girl ;D

Let's see...keeping this g-rated...I studied in Rome, Italy for a semester in college.

I bet that was a lot of fun!! Especially to see all the art and architecture?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/27/05 at 8:48 pm

Here are things that may sound absolutely ordinary to some, but here are some things that may surprise you about me:

1. I'm short (5'1'') - People call me Keebler Elf at work and I am always looked at suspicously when I pay with a credit card. Yet, in Las Vegas, I never got carded!  What irony!

2. I use to remodel homes for a few summers.

3. I use to be a roller skater and was in competitions.

4. I am also double jointed and am right handed, but I cut my meat with my left hand.

5. I am an artist. (painting, drawing - whatever you want from me, I'll do it)

6. I once got hit in the mouth by a roller skate and once flipped over the top of a swing set while swining.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/27/05 at 9:54 pm

Lawn gnomes scare me.....  ::)

Written By: nally on 08/01/07 at 4:42 pm

i don't know how to drive  ::) :-me is the fact that I'm 27 and am currently taking driving lessons! That's right, I have a permit, but no actual license yet.

Written By: whistledog on 08/01/07 at 6:40 pm

- I haven't drank a carbonated drink since the early 80s
- I don't have a full driver's license

Written By: Howard on 08/01/07 at 6:40 pm

I'm still scared of thunder and lightning as of this day just like the storm from last Sunday.

Written By: whistledog on 08/01/07 at 6:51 pm

People would also be surprised to know that I am (by 50%) a Native Canadian

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/01/07 at 7:01 pm

I'm kind. (Whoa!)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/01/07 at 9:12 pm

I'll be darned.. :o

Speaking of which, something that might surprise people about me is the fact that I'm 27 and am currently taking driving lessons! That's right, I have a permit, but no actual license yet.

my husband didn't get his license until he was 27...no biggie. ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/02/07 at 12:12 am

I've cried in the past week.

Written By: YWN on 08/02/07 at 1:48 am

I've cried in the past week.

Same.  Although it's generally a twice a year type of thing for me.

What would surprise people about me?  Well, here's something--

*steps out of suit*

Hello, my name is Chris Hansen and you are on Dateline...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/02/07 at 2:26 am

I don't mind if the ice in my cup melts and dilutes my diet coke. I still drink it

Written By: danootaandme on 08/02/07 at 5:37 am

Lawn gnomes scare me.....  ::)

I feel the same way about Kokopelli.  The minute I first saw it I got a primal shiver, it makes me very nervous, and for some reason seems to be all over the place.

http://www.kokopelli1.com/kokopelli2.jpg

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/02/07 at 7:43 am

I am a horrible speller...thank goodness for spellcheck! ;)

Written By: Howard on 08/02/07 at 3:33 pm

I can lip sync.

Written By: Elizabeth.xox on 08/02/07 at 3:56 pm

I only like warm pop... :o

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 08/02/07 at 4:13 pm

I can sing well but I can't play any musical instruments...

Written By: nally on 08/02/07 at 4:23 pm

I know my age in days.
I can figure out in my head what the date was 1,000 days ago; 2,000 days ago; 1,000 days from now...and the # of days between now and a future calendar date, or the # of days between a past calendar date and now.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/02/07 at 4:46 pm

I do not like seafood.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/02/07 at 4:47 pm

I know my age in days.
I can figure out in my head what the date was 1,000 days ago; 2,000 days ago; 1,000 days from now...and the # of days between now and a future calendar date, or the # of days between a past calendar date and now.

You're the Wiz  ;)

Written By: nally on 08/02/07 at 4:47 pm

You're the Wiz  ;)

Yep...today I am 9,883 days old. :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/02/07 at 4:54 pm

I have a really bad temper,controlling it is a work in progress...

Written By: whistledog on 08/02/07 at 5:01 pm

Yep...today I am 9,873 days old. :D

Does that include leap years? :D

Written By: La Roche on 08/02/07 at 7:08 pm

I'm a Mixed Martial Arts black belt.. and I have a short temper.

;D

I also finished sixth in the East Midlands MMA 2004 Tournament.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/02/07 at 7:58 pm

I don't mind if the ice in my cup melts and dilutes my diet coke. I still drink it

I'm surprised by the first part, but not the second!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/02/07 at 8:22 pm

I'm surprised by the first part, but not the second!
so then you expect the ice to not melt?  I guess it happens & I like the diluted taste when the diet coke becomes very watery

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/02/07 at 8:47 pm

so then you expect the ice to not melt?   I guess it happens & I like the diluted taste when the diet coke becomes very watery

I thought you would mind it, but drink anyway.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/07 at 11:51 am

I like to lip sync.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/03/07 at 3:59 pm

I feel the same way about Kokopelli.  The minute I first saw it I got a primal shiver, it makes me very nervous, and for some reason seems to be all over the place.

http://www.kokopelli1.com/kokopelli2.jpg

Don't ever go to my dad's house then.  His entire living room is decorated with Native American art and pottery, and Kokopelli is all over the place!

My weirdest feature is that I am insanely ticklish.  My husband barely touches me and I freak out.  I feel really sorry for him...but there's nothing I can do about it.

Written By: Tia on 08/03/07 at 4:46 pm

I have a really bad temper,controlling it is a work in progress...
i have been known to get spanish and portuguese confused.

*ducks*

*realizes ducking probably isn't going to be good enough and runs for it*

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/03/07 at 5:06 pm

i have been known to get spanish and portuguese confused.

*ducks*

*realizes ducking probably isn't going to be good enough and runs for it*

That doesn't get me mad,just sad,'cause you should know better :P

Written By: YWN on 08/03/07 at 6:14 pm

That doesn't get me mad,just sad,'cause you should know better :P

Make him feel guilty...more damaging than any physical pain you could inflict upon him.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/03/07 at 7:18 pm

Make him feel guilty...more damaging than any physical pain you could inflict upon him.

Because she's a woman?? =O Marsh, I'm surprised!

Written By: YWN on 08/03/07 at 8:05 pm

Because she's a woman?? =O Marsh, I'm surprised!

That wasn't what I was getting at actually, but there's a good point too--women can't hit hard.

Written By: whistledog on 08/03/07 at 8:08 pm

That wasn't what I was getting at actually, but there's a good point too--women can't hit hard.

Ever been hit by one?  Some women out there can hit like they are holding a brick :o

Written By: YWN on 08/03/07 at 8:10 pm

Ever been hit by one?  Some women out there can hit like they are holding a brick :o

You know, I actually once told a certain girl I know to punch me in the stomach as hard as she could...

...I could not breathe for several seconds.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/03/07 at 9:42 pm

that I hate hate hate having my nose touched. LOL! Like you know how sometimes someone will grab your nose and beep it, or push your nostrils together....I can't stand that!! >:(

Written By: Tia on 08/04/07 at 4:55 am

that I hate hate hate having my nose touched. LOL! Like you know how sometimes someone will grab your nose and beep it, or push your nostrils together....I can't stand that!! >:(
wow. sorry, quirk, but as an inveterate nasophile i regret to inform you that i'm afraid our marriage cannot be saved. :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/04/07 at 6:30 am

Or when they pretend to grab your nose with their thumb and say "I Got Your Nose". ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/04/07 at 6:30 am

Never did but got slapped a few times. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/04/07 at 10:33 am

I can use more than one tone while speaking! OMG! Call the press!

Written By: La Roche on 08/04/07 at 11:42 am

Or when they pretend to grab your nose with their thumb and say "I Got Your Nose". ::)

I still have yours.\

Written By: whistledog on 08/04/07 at 11:55 am

Never did but got slapped a few times. ;D

I was slapped by some crazy b*tch once.  When she hit me, I felt like in the movies when a boxer gets hit, his head moves back in slow motion and you see spit fly out the side.  This chick had hands of steel :o

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/04/07 at 3:44 pm

I still find that trick funny,it's cute :)

Written By: Abix on 08/04/07 at 6:36 pm

that I have over 3000 movies, over 600 cds, and about 1000 books.  I'm a sponge when it comes to multi media.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/04/07 at 7:41 pm

that I have over 3000 movies, over 600 cds, and about 1000 books.  I'm a sponge when it comes to multi media.

What about vinyls?

Written By: Howard on 08/04/07 at 7:42 pm

I still have yours.\

I want my nose back. >:(

Written By: nally on 08/04/07 at 8:02 pm

Does that include leap years? :D

Absolutely! By the way, that post should read 9883, not 9873. My finger slipped on the keyboard.

Written By: Abix on 08/04/07 at 9:11 pm

What about vinyls?

I had vinyls back when I was a teenager, but those gaveway to the cassettes!! I somehow lost my vinyl collection though it wasn't half as impressive as the collection I have today..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/04/07 at 10:40 pm

I had vinyls back when I was a teenager, but those gaveway to the cassettes!! I somehow lost my vinyl collection though it wasn't half as impressive as the collection I have today..

hey Angel! Good to see you, girl! :)  WOW! That's a lot of movies/cds/books....where do you store them all?

Written By: Abix on 08/05/07 at 12:41 am

welll... they are all over. some are in cabinets in the basement, in this room I'm in right now.. there are 4 shelves alone. 1 has Videos, 1 has DVDs  the other 2 have books.. My house is becoming like one of those cluttered pack rat's houses.. but I guess if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/05/07 at 6:31 pm

welll... they are all over. some are in cabinets in the basement, in this room I'm in right now.. there are 4 shelves alone. 1 has Videos, 1 has DVDs  the other 2 have books.. My house is becoming like one of those cluttered pack rat's houses.. but I guess if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

... Then it's a platypus?

Written By: Howard on 08/06/07 at 4:05 pm

I can tell stories of my childhood.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/06/07 at 4:57 pm

I'm really good at zoning a good amount of things out, but there are certain things that I find hard to ignore.

I do have a temper, but it's tricky to trigger it. Most things won't phase me, but a few people have managed to do it(In real life and online).

I'm actually alot more intellegent than alot people think. Of course some don't think so, just because I zone out or am not aware of some things.

Edit: had an incomplete sentence, until now.

Written By: Howard on 08/07/07 at 4:59 pm

I can do voice imitations.

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/07 at 5:01 pm

I can do voice imitations.

of who ?

Written By: Howard on 08/07/07 at 5:03 pm

of who ?

some famous people but I would have to hear their voices to do them.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/07 at 11:40 pm

that I LOVE to chomp on ice...constantly. :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/08/07 at 11:42 pm

Despite that I'm pretty vocal in text form (i.e. with starting discussions or threads), I'm usually kinda reserved and shy in real life, at least until I get to know people.

Written By: whistledog on 08/08/07 at 11:43 pm

My real name is Raoul and I moonlight as a gigolo :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/08/07 at 11:50 pm

Another thing...despite my lifelong love of music, I've only been to 7 concerts, and out of those, only 4 were "on my own".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/07 at 11:50 pm

Despite that I'm pretty vocal in text form (i.e. with starting discussions or threads), I'm usually kinda reserved and shy in real life, at least until I get to know people.

you are so outgoing online....that is surprising!

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/08/07 at 11:51 pm

^I guess I'm somewhere inbetween really. It depends on the environment. I'm much more the way I am right now, if I know people or am comfortable enough with them. I guess it's all about clicking with people. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/07 at 11:52 pm

Are you real outgoing with customers in the store? I love striking up convos with many people.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/08/07 at 11:57 pm

^ Yeah, I've been in different retail jobs for a few years, so I'm usually very outgoing there. But then again, I guess it feels like home in a sense, since it's "your" place in a way.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/08/07 at 11:58 pm

^ Yeah, I've been in different retail jobs for a few years, so I'm usually very outgoing there. But then again, I guess it feels like home in a sense, since it's "your" place in a way.

Yes, I know what you mean. I've always been pretty outgoing in situations like that...but suprisingly, I can be VERY shy in certain situations.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/09/07 at 12:03 am

This is because in retail you always have something to discuss. I find at work, I'm fine with doing all of that until somebody throws in some unrelated comment.

I've always imagined you as shy.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/07 at 12:04 am

This is because in retail you always have something to discuss. I find at work, I'm fine with doing all of that until somebody throws in some unrelated comment.

I've always imagined you as shy.

But even so, I look forward to starting up conversations about things unrelated to them buying stuff.

Written By: Marty McFly on 08/09/07 at 12:07 am

^ Don't worry, I think people have had to put up with me telling my life story from time to time. ;D Most people have a balance, whereas with me I tend to be on either side of the extreme...really outgoing or shy.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/09/07 at 12:08 am

^ Don't worry, I think people have had to put up with me telling my life story from time to time. ;D Most people have a balance, whereas with me I tend to be on either side of the extreme...really outgoing or shy.

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna hear.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/07 at 12:13 am

lol @ ^. ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/09/07 at 6:42 am

I get up 530 or 550 in the morning including weekends and holidays.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/09/07 at 8:21 am

I get up 530 or 550 in the morning including weekends and holidays.

wow, do you ever sleep in? :o

Written By: Step-chan on 08/09/07 at 12:46 pm

Another thing...despite my lifelong love of music, I've only been to 7 concerts, and out of those, only 4 were "on my own".

I've only been to 2 concerts myself, both were Aerosmith.

Written By: thereshegoes on 08/09/07 at 4:41 pm

I'm living with my mother :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/09/07 at 7:23 pm

I am, too!

Written By: Howard on 08/09/07 at 7:27 pm

wow, do you ever sleep in? :o

Nope Erin,for me there's no reason to.When I'm up,I'm up.I do what I have to like shower,get dressed,go downstairs for breakfast,check e-mails and listen to on-line music.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/07 at 7:27 pm

I live with my Mother AND Father. :o

Written By: KKay on 08/11/07 at 3:57 pm

my punk rock past.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/11/07 at 5:37 pm

my punk rock past.

All new-wavers start off with punk-rock.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/11/07 at 10:25 pm

That, when I ring up people's stuff at the checkout register...I very often make up gory and detailed stories in my mind about the items they are purchasing. For example...someone bought an axe the other day, and I imagined them cutting up someone into little pieces. Then today...some guy bought this large cooking pot...and I imagined him sticking a decapitated head in there and cooking it.

Gosh, I am so odd. ::) :o

Written By: whistledog on 08/11/07 at 10:26 pm

That, when I ring up people's stuff at the checkout register...I very often make up gory and detailed stories in my mind about the items they are purchasing. For example...someone bought an axe the other day, and I imagined them cutting up someone into little pieces. Then today...some guy bought this large cooking pot...and I imagined him sticking a decapitated head in there and cooking it.

Gosh, I am so odd. ::) :o

Sounds like a good plot for a sequel to 'Frailty'.  Could make millions at the box-office

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 08/11/07 at 10:27 pm

Sounds like a good plot for a sequel to 'Frailty'.  Could make millions at the box-office

hmm....very interesting! ;) :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/12/07 at 2:48 am

I like to sprinkle salt on my watermelon

Written By: KKay on 08/12/07 at 8:46 am

so i guess in this case you could say it leads to softer stuff.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/12/07 at 8:41 pm

so i guess in this case you could say it leads to softer stuff.

Like grunge? Psht. That's for sissies.

Written By: KKay on 08/13/07 at 7:00 am

Like grunge? Psht. That's for sissies.

ew.  no.

I like to sprinkle salt on my watermelon

I like salt on melon...but not watermelon.

Written By: nally on 08/13/07 at 2:53 pm

I can tell stories of my childhood.

So can I. In fact, I can remember various events from my childhood and tell the exact day that they happened!

I can also remember some of the most uncanny things that happened on whatever event.

Written By: nally on 08/13/07 at 2:55 pm

Lol...I am still living with both my parents at age 27

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/07 at 4:00 pm

I have an extremely good memory. I'm known as the "family memory". Whenever someone wants to recall something that has happen when we were kids, they usually call on me. (But, I can't recall what we had for dinner last night.  :-\\ )

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/13/07 at 4:05 pm

I pepper just about everything. ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/13/07 at 6:49 pm

I have caught 2 bouquets out of 3 chances at weddings.

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/13/07 at 6:51 pm

Is that a sign or is that a sign?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/13/07 at 6:55 pm

Is that a sign or is that a sign?

or maybe it's a curse  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/14/07 at 3:11 am

when Lady Di & I got engaged, I sang "All Out Of Love"  Acappella  to her in the car when we were "parked"  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

of course we parked after we'd had a wonderful Lobster & Prime rib dinner at our favorite place Charley Browns which is no longer there  :( they had the best chocolate mousse dessert

Written By: Tia on 08/14/07 at 5:08 am

I pepper just about everything. ;D
even pepper?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/07 at 12:05 pm

Before we were married, Carlos & I went to a wedding. I basically forced him to go up there when they were throwing the garter. He was not very thrilled about it and when the groom throw it, Carlos kept his arms at his side. And the garter landed right in his hand. But, I'm sure he had the woman who caught the bouquet melting because after he put it on her, he kissed her hand-a true gentleman. I know I was the envy of all the ladies-not because of just that, but because he took me out on the dance floor for a waltz.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/14/07 at 4:31 pm

even pepper?

No It's only a seasoning.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/07 at 9:01 pm

It's depressing when it goes the other way!
8)

I'm kind of conservative on social issues.
:-X

Written By: Howard on 08/15/07 at 6:41 am

I run from thunder and lightning.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/07 at 12:46 pm

It would probably surprise people to know that Carlos & I are a "Nielson family" and have been for about a year & a half. Not for t.v. shows but for products. We scan the bar code of our groceries with this device and then send the results in via the phone line once a week. We also take surveys on-line and we get points. We can then redeem our points for "stuff" which we have yet to do.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 10/29/07 at 1:00 pm

No It's only a seasoning.

So do you eat it all season?

Written By: Howard on 10/29/07 at 3:43 pm

So do you eat it all season?

Sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/07 at 3:43 pm

I'm Obsessive Compulsive.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/29/07 at 4:39 pm

I'm Obsessive Compulsive.

I'm shocked!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 10/29/07 at 6:11 pm

Facts That Would Shock People:

-I am ambidextrous (meaning: I can write fluently with both hands)

-I am double-jointed with my toes in both feet (I can move my toes about; this developed into my joke about "being 4 parts Vulcan", as I can do the "Spock sign" with both hands and feet)

-Politically, I am considered a Radical

-I have a high consumption rate of salt, due to a sodium deficiency.

-I am allergic to iodine

Written By: Step-chan on 10/29/07 at 9:44 pm

I have one double joint... It's on the based of the thumb on my left hand.

I have been to one wedding.

Written By: Howard on 10/30/07 at 7:03 am

I'm shocked!

Why would it shock you?

Written By: nally on 10/31/07 at 2:21 pm

I eat a lot, but stay skinny.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/07 at 3:15 pm

I could walk to some places without even taking the bus.

Written By: wildcard on 10/31/07 at 5:19 pm

Hey I have the ability to do that as well !

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 10:03 pm

I eat a lot, but stay skinny.

lucky boy!

Written By: La Roche on 10/31/07 at 10:18 pm

I'm a huge ABBA fan.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 10:30 pm

I'm a huge ABBA fan.

me too! woot!!

let's see:

what would surprise people about me?

~ I hate making phone calls to businesses. Once I dial the number though and start talking...I am usually ok.

~I am usually in a bad mood, but I have learned to put on a happy face.

~I hate long nails...I bite mine too much.

~I usually hate chocolate...I REALLY have to be in the mood to eat it.

~I don't have many friends (in real life)....but I consider someone on the boards..my very best friend (you know who you are ;)) :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 10:32 pm

I'm a huge ABBA fan.
;D  ;D    ;D  ;D    ;D  ;D  ;D

so am I  ::)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/31/07 at 10:33 pm

I'm a huge ABBA fan.

Ha! Loser!

Yeah, I like them, too..  :-[

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 10:36 pm

who can resist the ABBA!??!! ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 10:45 pm

me too! woot!!

let's see:

what would surprise people about me?

I usually hate chocolate...I REALLY have to be in the mood to eat it.

uh, we need to work on this one here so that you loving chocolate is a constant state of being  8)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 10:46 pm

uh, we need to work on this one here so that you loving chocolate is a constant state of being   8)

unfortunately, I get this odd allergic reaction if I eat too much of it..or if it is too sweet. :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 10:57 pm

unfortunately, I get this odd allergic reaction if I eat too much of it..or if it is too sweet. :-\\
well, I guess we can let you slide with a medical note from your Dr.  ;D 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 10:58 pm

well, I guess we can let you slide with a medical note from your Dr.  ;D 

hahahah....good one! ;)  Ya, I get all odd feeling..my face gets hot and I feel all dizzy and stuff. very odd.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 11:01 pm

hahahah....good one! ;)  Ya, I get all odd feeling..my face gets hot and I feel all dizzy and stuff. very odd.
sounds like love  ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:02 pm

sounds like love  ???

awww...no, it's definitely not love....but THAT is a good feeling, btw. ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 11:05 pm

awww...no, it's definitely not love....but THAT is a good feeling, btw. ;)
yes it is a good feeling, but so is chocolate. but there are some things that are special treats that are just as good to people that don't like chocolate. I don't know what they are, but there are some things.  :-\\

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:07 pm

yes it is a good feeling, but so is chocolate. but there are some things that are special treats that are just as good to people that don't like chocolate. I don't know what they are, but there are some things.  :-\\

hmmmm....I would say, um...nah, I won't say. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 11:11 pm

you didn't have to say it,  your post reveals all  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:12 pm

you didn't have to say it,  your post reveals all  ;D

hahahaa...woops, was it that obvious?! ;D :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/31/07 at 11:16 pm

A friendly game of backgammon?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:21 pm

I was thinking more on the lines of.....monopoly! ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 10/31/07 at 11:22 pm

I figured, one of the two.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 11:40 pm

;D that sounds hella nasty
or is it just me  :-
I was thinking more on the lines of.....monopoly! ;D
perhaps a round of Hi Ho Cherry O

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:42 pm

;D that sounds hella nasty
or is it just me  :-[

perhaps a round of Hi Ho Cherry O

or at least a pleasant game of Yahtzee?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/31/07 at 11:45 pm

or at least a pleasant game of Yahtzee?
I like Yahtzee, but it sometimes frustrates me when those damn dice don't work right!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/31/07 at 11:46 pm

I like Yahtzee, but it sometimes frustrates me when those damn dice don't work right!

ya, that can be annoying.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/07 at 7:17 am

Hey I have the ability to do that as well !

That's why I'm the skinny one in my family.I eat Subway,try to drink plenty of water and walk a lot.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/01/07 at 7:50 am

That's why I'm the skinny one in my family.I eat Subway,try to drink plenty of water and walk a lot.

good for you man!!! :) ;)

Written By: nally on 11/01/07 at 11:02 am

So can I...but I don't think I'd wanna walk my entire bus route sometimes. I try not to walk more than 2 miles in one general direction.

Written By: nally on 11/01/07 at 11:04 am

I try to get lots of exercise too.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/07 at 7:26 am

I try to get lots of exercise too.

Do you walk a lot?

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/02/07 at 2:11 pm

who can resist the ABBA!??!! ;D

Ooh! Ooh! Me! Me!

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/02/07 at 2:12 pm

Chalk!

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/02/07 at 2:13 pm

I eat Subway.

XD Be the posterboy!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/02/07 at 4:21 pm

Subway is good, but Port of Subs is better.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/07 at 7:05 am

XD Be the posterboy!

I'd be the next Jared Fogel.  ;D

Written By: nally on 11/05/07 at 12:13 pm

Do you walk a lot?

Yes, I walk my little dog around the neighborhood. I also walk by myself other places.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/07 at 2:42 pm

I could do voiceovers if I knew the voice well enough.

Written By: nally on 11/06/07 at 10:27 am

I could do voiceovers if I knew the voice well enough.

I can imitate certain cartoon characters pretty well... in addition to certain celebs who talk in a distinctive way.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/06/07 at 10:29 am

I can imitate certain cartoon characters pretty well... in addition to certain celebs who talk in a distinctive way.

coolness! which ones?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/06/07 at 10:37 am

I do voices, also.

In fact, I had a list typed up of which people, accents, and such that I can do.
Came out to something like 200, I think.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/06/07 at 10:39 am

wow...that's impressive. Hmmm...I do a pretty good Pee-Wee Herman. ;) ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/06/07 at 10:42 am

So did I, at one point, until he became the spokesman for Vaseline.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/06/07 at 10:46 am

So did I, at one point, until he became the spokesman for Vaseline.

bhahahahaa...good one. ;)

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/06/07 at 8:22 pm

Speaking of voices, I've always liked doing them, or at least attempting to, lol. Mine are really random though. I've been told I do a really good Butthead, and I love doing Donald Duck - but whenever I do it for someone it's hard because it's almost impossible not to laugh in the process. ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/06/07 at 11:05 pm

Speaking of voices, I've always liked doing them, or at least attempting to, lol. Mine are really random though. I've been told I do a really good Butthead, and I love doing Donald Duck - but whenever I do it for someone it's hard because it's almost impossible not to laugh in the process. ;)

that would be cute to hear. My dad tries to sound like him...but it really doesn't too much.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/06/07 at 11:07 pm

that would be cute to hear. My dad tries to sound like him...but it really doesn't too much.

Are you kidding, you really don't think so? I've been playing Kingdom Hearts, Donald Duck is one of the main characters.. he sounds a LOT like him.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/07/07 at 12:47 am

there was a time when every cop in the city knew me by my first & last name.  Granted there was only 13,000 people in the town and maybe 20 cops, but they all knew me and my friends by name and we knew every one of them by name too.
actiually, I'm surprised about that too  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/07 at 12:49 am

there was a time when every cop in the city knew me by my first & last name.  Granted there was only 13,000 people in the town and maybe 20 cops, but they all knew me and my friends by name and we knew every one of them by name too.
actiually, I'm surprised about that too   ;)

pretty popular, huh Mike!? ;) :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/07/07 at 12:52 am

pretty popular, huh Mike!? ;) :D
uhh...  yeah, that's what it was.  ;D  it did help having my dad on the force. they let me go so many times and just ended up confiscating our beer and weed, those punks.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/07/07 at 1:06 am

"Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do..." ;D

Oh, about the Donald Duck thing, maybe I'll post a sound sample sometime. I'd love to hear someone else do it too, lol.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/07 at 1:09 am

Oh, about the Donald Duck thing, maybe I'll post a sound sample sometime. I'd love to hear someone else do it too, lol.

hahahaa...I'll get my dad to do it..no, just kidding. ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/07/07 at 1:10 am

we were very much like The Outsiders, (1969-1977 version)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/07 at 1:11 am

we were very much like The Outsiders, (1969-1977 version)

The Outsiders=COOL! 8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/07/07 at 1:13 am

The Outsiders=COOL! 8)
yeah, and I was like Pony Boy while my friends were the rougher tougher love to rumble types

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/07/07 at 1:14 am

yeah, and I was like Pony Boy while my friends were the rougher tougher love to rumble types

hahaha..that's great!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/07/07 at 3:40 am

I've been told that if they ever cast for a film about Rodney Dangerfield, I should go for it.

Apparently, I do the best Rodney Dangerfield people 'round here have ever seen.

(They also like my Sean Connery, my "Rain Man", and my Cheech & Chong.)

-I personally like my Emo Phillips.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/07 at 6:48 am

I can do the Pee Wee Herman dance.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/07/07 at 12:23 pm

I used to be a DJ.

I don't know how to drive.

I love to play chess.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/07 at 7:20 am

I've been taking public transportation for almost 20 years now.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/08/07 at 10:42 am

My favorite piece of Classical music is Rossini's "Barber Of Seville".

I love games of strategy.
Among my favorites are:

-Chess
-Chaturanga
-Backgammon
-Pente

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/08/07 at 8:55 pm

I don't know how to drive.

That's because you're in Amish country!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 7:12 pm

I know a lot of the Latin names to the species of trees, shrubs and plants.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/09/07 at 7:19 pm

I know a lot of the Latin names to the species of trees, shrubs and plants.
that's cool , I'm impressed

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/09/07 at 7:30 pm

that's cool , I'm impressed

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours. 

I gotta thank the b-friend for all that knowledge in my noggin..  ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/10/07 at 5:25 am

I once attempted to qualify for the U.S. Pinball team in the '80s, and came within 350 points of making the team.

Written By: Howard on 11/10/07 at 6:24 am

I know almost every single thing that ever happened in my life and I'd tell you the date that when it occurred.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/11/07 at 5:08 am

I know almost every single thing that ever happened in my life and I'd tell you the date that when it occurred.

.........No, I won't be that cruel. That'll be Dom's job.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/11/07 at 7:29 am

.........No, I won't be that cruel. That'll be Dom's job.

Damn right! That's my ability... And nally's.

Howard, what was the date of your first haircut?

Written By: KKay on 11/11/07 at 8:17 am

I I am friends with a guy whose birth is the result of my aunt's having an affair 30 years ago.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/07 at 4:05 pm

Howard, what was the date of your first haircut?

I believe it was 1976.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/12/07 at 12:24 am

Due to the fact that my feet perform regular isometrics, my hands are about as strong and flexible as my hands.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/12/07 at 2:00 am

Due to the fact that my feet perform regular isometrics, my hands are about as strong and flexible as my hands.
your hands are as strong as your hands? that's no surprise.  I'm sure it's a typo, so what are you trying to say here Wayne?  ???

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/12/07 at 3:55 am

your hands are as strong as your hands? that's no surprise.  I'm sure it's a typo, so what are you trying to say here Wayne?  ???

Due to my feet performing regular isometrics, my feet are as strong and flexible as my hands.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/07 at 4:13 pm

I have a way of storing items.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/12/07 at 4:17 pm

Due to my feet performing regular isometrics, my feet are as strong and flexible as my hands.
whoa,  :o  and thanks for the clerification.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/07 at 4:22 pm

Really,They're that good?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/12/07 at 4:41 pm

whoa,  :o  and thanks for the clerification.

Really,They're that good?

I can write with my right foot, pick things up with both feet, and I can do the "Vulcan farewell sign" with both hands and both feet.
I have also pinched people with my toes, and left angry welts with them.
I can move most of my toes independently.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/07 at 4:58 pm

I can write with my right foot, pick things up with both feet, and I can do the "Vulcan farewell sign" with both hands and both feet.

I can pick things up with my toes, too. I have also pinched people with my toes.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/13/07 at 12:08 am

I can pick things up with my toes, too. I have also pinched people with my toes.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Cat

We used to have Toe Fighting in my family- 2 generations.
We retired it, because no one wanted to face me anymore. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/evilgrin1.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/13/07 at 7:07 am

Wow,amazing!  :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/13/07 at 12:27 pm

We used to have Toe Fighting in my family- 2 generations.
We retired it, because no one wanted to face me anymore. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/evilgrin1.gif

Whoa, seriously? How did this work, exactly?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/13/07 at 3:01 pm

Whoa, seriously? How did this work, exactly?

Allow me to explain:

Two of us would either sit within leg's length on the floor, or on the couch, facing each other.
Legs are stretched out, toward your opponent.

The only parts of your body you're allowed to attack with are your toes.
The object is to get your opponent to submit, by means of pinching/toe locks, etc.
Attacks are restricted to the lower half od the body.
Groinal attacks are not allowed.

Hopefully, this answers your question.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/13/07 at 7:32 pm

I have very good math skills.

I love spicy hot flavors.

I don't watch much movies or TV shows.

I know alot of people have been surprised by my lack of interest in sports, although I've already talked about it on here.

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/14/07 at 12:25 am

Allow me to explain:

Two of us would either sit within leg's length on the floor, or on the couch, facing each other.
Legs are stretched out, toward your opponent.

The only parts of your body you're allowed to attack with are your toes.
The object is to get your opponent to submit, by means of pinching/toe locks, etc.
Attacks are restricted to the lower half od the body.
Groinal attacks are not allowed.

Hopefully, this answers your question.

HAHA! That's cool.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 12:48 am

WWSPAY...is that I hate don't like feet

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/07 at 12:52 am

WWSPAY...is that I hate don't like feet

I'm the same way...feet are so ugly.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/14/07 at 12:58 am

I don't like feet either. Especially hairy, smelly ones like mine.  :o

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 11/14/07 at 1:02 am

D=! Ew?!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/07 at 1:02 am

wow..most people wouldn't admit that. ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/14/07 at 1:32 am

wow..most people wouldn't admit that. ;D
LMAO... yeah I was trying to make a funny and be gross at the same time.  ;D

I'm sure my feet aren't that bad...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 1:38 am

agreed, although every now and then, some female has pretty painted toenails and a toe ring or an anklet and their foot is somewhat ok, but still no matter how much it's dolled up, it's still a foot

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/07 at 1:40 am

agreed, although every now and then, some female has pretty painted toenails and a toe ring or an anklet and their foot is somewhat ok, but still no matter how much it's dolled up, it's still a foot

yes, true...there are ways of making them pretty..and I will have to admit..some women DO have pretty feet..but the majority of feet are ugly. ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 1:47 am

yes, true...there are ways of making them pretty..and I will have to admit..some women DO have pretty feet..but the majority of feet are ugly. ;D
and then you get hairy hobbit feet like Luke described

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/14/07 at 1:47 am

and then you get hairy hobbit feet like Luke described

ahahaha...EW. 8-P ;D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/14/07 at 3:55 am

Because of how my feet are, I happen to have "hobbit feet".

Nothin' wrong with dat!

Written By: Howard on 11/14/07 at 7:09 am

I can eat jalapenos all in one shot but not the hot ones.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 3:08 pm

Because of how my feet are, I happen to have "hobbit feet".

Nothin' wrong with dat!
well then that's what matters, you dig you hobbit feet and hobbits are cool.  I'm just not a fan of the foot, but they have served their purpose all of my life so I should be a little thankful.

WWSPAY? I just realized I have a bad habit. when I drink hot tea or cold diet cokes in a cup or glass, if that cup or glass didn't get washed the night before, and it's on the counter, I don't even rinse it out, I just pour more into the same cup. is that sick?  :o

Written By: Henk on 11/14/07 at 3:50 pm

I have a way of storing items.

Well, I'll be darned...so have I....

...It's called chaos. ;D

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/14/07 at 4:21 pm

:P I don't judge things on their look. I think women's feet can be attractive, depending on the woman; but I am a little bit grossed out by the germs on feet.

People may be surprised that I tend to drink with my pinky out! =D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/14/07 at 5:23 pm

we need to see a picture of this  ;D    sometimes mine does that, but if I get aware of it, I immediately put it down

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/14/07 at 6:28 pm

I tend to hold my drinks as if the cup handle is missing.

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/14/07 at 6:40 pm

I tend to hold my drinks as if the cup handle is missing.

Oh, I do that too.  I don't understand why they even bother with a handle.

Written By: statsqueen on 11/14/07 at 6:40 pm

I guess like so many others on here, it would be my age.  I STILL get people who tell me I don't 40 and who mistake Micah and me for either sisters or college roommates (since she looks older than 17).  People who don't know I have a teenager think I look late 20s (I don't see it) or very early 30s (maybe) and those that do say early to mid 30s.  I have had to show my license to prove it (the scariest time was at Pleasure Island in Disney World when I was 26 & the security guard didn't think I was 21 DESPITE the wrist band indicating I was--he wasn't nice OR gentle about it).

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/14/07 at 7:03 pm

I guess like so many others on here, it would be my age.  I STILL get people who tell me I don't 40 and who mistake Micah and me for either sisters or college roommates (since she looks older than 17).  People who don't know I have a teenager think I look late 20s (I don't see it) or very early 30s (maybe) and those that do say early to mid 30s.  I have had to show my license to prove it (the scariest time was at Pleasure Island in Disney World when I was 26 & the security guard didn't think I was 21 DESPITE the wrist band indicating I was--he wasn't nice OR gentle about it).

How uncouth!
And in "the Happiest Place On Earth", at that!

You want I should take Pinocchio & Roger Rabbit with me to "show Mr. Security Guard where the Sword In the Stone" is?

Written By: statsqueen on 11/14/07 at 7:07 pm

Always my hero, aren't you, Wayne?  I probably would have taken you up on it back then! lol  Funny thing is that my brother didn't even realize I was "missing"!!!!!  :o

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/14/07 at 7:14 pm

I don't understand the alcohol thing at Dinseyworld!

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 11/14/07 at 7:20 pm

Ask Dopey and Oswald the Rabbit about it.

Written By: statsqueen on 11/14/07 at 7:25 pm

In all fairness, we were actually at Pleasure Island, which wasn't technically IN Disney World (we had to take a bus from the park).  If you have never checked out Pleasure Island, you take a shuttlebus from the park and show your ID at the entrance.  My brother & I were both over 21 so we showed our licenses, got the wristbands, and went in.  It is a bunch of different theme bars in a small area so they are just yards away from each other.  I wanted to go to the jazz bar, but it was always at capacity, so I never did get to check it out.  We spent most of our time in one that had a revolving dance floor.  I went outside for some air and when I went to go back in, the security guard didn't want to let me back in.  He forcibly grabbed my arm and literally dragged me over to a light so he could closely examine my ID and me.  He didn't even do it discreetly, so there were all kinds of people watching.  While I was out getting manhandled, my brother was inside watching some guy get manhandled by Shaq's bodyguard.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/07 at 7:09 am

That I bowled good games when I was in my league.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/15/07 at 7:44 am

I tend to drink with my pinky out! =D
edit: never mind.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/15/07 at 10:53 am

I guess like so many others on here, it would be my age.  I STILL get people who tell me I don't 40 and who mistake Micah and me for either sisters or college roommates (since she looks older than 17).  People who don't know I have a teenager think I look late 20s (I don't see it) or very early 30s (maybe) and those that do say early to mid 30s.  I have had to show my license to prove it (the scariest time was at Pleasure Island in Disney World when I was 26 & the security guard didn't think I was 21 DESPITE the wrist band indicating I was--he wasn't nice OR gentle about it).

My niece is the same way. She is now in her late 20s (OMG, she is pushing 30!!!  :o :o :o  Makes me feel old.  :-\\ ) and she still looks about 15 or so. When she turn 21, her mother gave her the gift of a trip to Vegas. She kept having to show her ID over and over again until they learned about the wrist band. I'm sure in a few years, she is going to be THRILLED that she still looks so young-but right now, it still annoys her.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/16/07 at 7:25 am

I listen to love jams when something or somebody gets me down.

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/16/07 at 10:10 pm

edit: never mind.

Hahaha.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/07 at 6:56 am

I'm a money saver and I don't spend much.

Written By: Marty McFly on 11/17/07 at 7:02 am

My niece is the same way. She is now in her late 20s (OMG, she is pushing 30!!!  :o :o :o  Makes me feel old.  :-\\ ) and she still looks about 15 or so. When she turn 21, her mother gave her the gift of a trip to Vegas. She kept having to show her ID over and over again until they learned about the wrist band. I'm sure in a few years, she is going to be THRILLED that she still looks so young-but right now, it still annoys her.

Cat

While we're on the subject, is it just me or is it typically people in their late teens and 20s (especially young women) who detest people mistaking them as younger? That's totally not a dig or anything, I'm just wondering. It is understandable to a point, if you're trying to buy cigarettes, alcohol or get into clubs and people hassle you for looking underage.

I don't do any of that, so maybe that's why it never bothers me, because it's not coming from a restrictive or a negative connontation. I look youngish for my age and it's generally cool with me, because in terms of personality I don't always feel it. Soccer mom types still call me "hon" and stuff sometimes. I think that's cute and I know it won't last forever, so I'm trying to enjoy little things like that while I can lol. ;)

The only remotely annoying thing is when I make a comment about something in the '80s (either a personal memory, or something that was popular then) and I get the "Oh, aren't you too young to remember that?" crap. Even though I wasn't exactly a functional member of society, I have a really good memory as well as an interest in that time regardless. Even stuff that I don't remember, I got into secondhand, but those things don't always occur to the older generations. Ah well. In the past it might've angered me somewhat. Now I just shake my head and laugh a little.

Written By: Tia on 12/20/07 at 5:00 am

people would be surprised to learn that i love the movie "independence day." ive probably watched it five times, every time i do i'm like, this movie is so stupid. why do i watch it over and over again? but by the end i'm always chanting, "amerrrr-i-cccaaa-uhuh... fudge yeah!"

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/07 at 5:55 am

...When I was a kid in Catholic School, we used to sneak out and hang around at the business that Gust Avrakotos' father used to run.  We were in big trouble too when we got caught.  ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/20/07 at 6:49 am

That I'm very reliable.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/20/07 at 12:09 pm

That I like antique tractors.  (Favorite is the Oliver Super 55)

That I have an interest in the printing industry.  (Worked for R.R. Donnelly for a week.  Too bad I got fired.  It was fascinating)

Written By: woops on 12/21/07 at 9:16 pm

That I'm a human being and have a life besides being a butt of jokes or whatever the  immature or wannabe music critics think of me

Written By: Howard on 12/23/07 at 6:12 pm

That I can create a good work history.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/24/07 at 6:44 pm

That I am a little person...

http://www.photos.org.au/userimages/user756_1157947586.jpg

That's not really me.  I'm in the crowd trying to see over all these people.

Written By: Howard on 12/25/07 at 7:13 am

I'm reliable and on time.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/25/07 at 2:14 pm

I actually care about others!

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/25/07 at 4:55 pm

I play a pretty decent game of Halo.  8)  ("Step aside, you little twits!  Let an old fart show you how it's done!"  ;D ;D ;D )

http://images2.ggl.com/articles/5553/rvb.gif

Written By: Step-chan on 12/25/07 at 6:33 pm

You could go to the adult cousin boards to find out somethin...

On second thought, don't.  ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/25/07 at 8:21 pm

You could go to the adult cousin boards to find out somethin...

On second thought, don't.  ::)

I would, but I don't know where to go!

Written By: Step-chan on 12/25/07 at 8:22 pm

I would, but I don't know where to go!

I can't post it on here(I don't think it's allowed).

Written By: KKay on 12/25/07 at 8:26 pm

I really hate television

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/25/07 at 8:31 pm

I really hate television

Then I hope you don't have one!

Written By: KKay on 12/26/07 at 7:13 am

Then I hope you don't have one!

we have a really really huge one.
I am working on finding a place in another room for "my chair"..and the dog bed. Must escape.

other thing: i was raised on country-gospel music.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/26/07 at 7:28 am

I don't tend to talk politics in the real world, I tend to go postal on fellow union members who are only union for the pay rate.

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:31 pm

I really hate television

How is that possible?

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 3:40 pm

I don't like writing music parodies and posting them for all to see on amiright.com.  It just makes me kind of nervous. 

Written By: Howard on 12/26/07 at 3:48 pm

I have knowledge of buses and trains.

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 3:51 pm

That I am iintroverted.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/26/07 at 8:55 pm

my personality kinda changed alot when I got married.  I used to do anything rather then go home before I was married (I used to live with my parents who fought all the time and made me the referee), now that I'm married and on my own, I rarely leave home.  ;D

Written By: DoRitos on 12/26/07 at 9:15 pm

That I am a recovering psychotherapist.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/08 at 10:42 pm

that even though I tend to be more conservative in real life...I can also be very outgoing and pervy. I can be as bad, if not worse than a man. Oh...perv in a good way (no sicko stuff). :D  When I get to know someone well enough..I have no shame..I can talk about really anything.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/08 at 8:17 am

I have a good heart.

Written By: woops on 06/10/08 at 4:47 pm

That I'm a human being with other interest in music and animation (sometimes television)  ::)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/10/08 at 4:53 pm

I yearn to live another country, another time and be a different person...  ;D

Written By: nally on 06/11/08 at 7:49 pm

That I'm a human being with other interest in music and animation (sometimes television)  ::)

On a fairly similar note, I have an interest in certain shows on the Disney Channel, even though they're geared towards a relatively younger audience.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/08 at 10:26 pm

That I can get argumentive.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 3:16 pm

That I have a fear of balloons popping and clowns.  Worst thing you can do is pop a balloon near me.

Written By: Howard on 06/13/08 at 6:16 pm

I sweat a lot.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 9:50 am

that I used to be a man. :D

Written By: Tam on 06/17/08 at 10:13 am

WOW!! Who knew? Hahaha!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:14 am

WOW!! Who knew? Hahaha!! ;D ;D ;D

I know..seriously! I thought the deep voice gave it away....but you know how that goes. ;D :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/17/08 at 5:34 pm

That could explain a lot. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 5:34 pm

That could explain a lot. ;D

oh ya...how so? ??? :D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/17/08 at 7:13 pm

Is that where Austin Powers got the line, "I'm a MAN, baby!"?  ;D  I can just picture Erin saying that.

What would surprise you about me?  Nothing much probably, I'm pretty much the way I present myself online.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 8:25 pm

Is that where Austin Powers got the line, "I'm a MAN, baby!"?   ;D  I can just picture Erin saying that.

What would surprise you about me?  Nothing much probably, I'm pretty much the way I present myself online.

hehehee!! ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:02 pm

Are you kidding me?  :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:02 pm

Are you kidding me?  :o

no way.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:08 pm

no way.

So,you're a hermaphrodite? :o

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:16 pm

So,you're a hermaphrodite? :o

nope. I'm ALL man...big boy. ;) ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:16 pm

nope. I'm ALL man...big boy. ;) ;D

I want proof. ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:17 pm

I want proof. ::)

the proof is in the pudding. :D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:18 pm

the proof is in the pudding. :D

That doesn't sound good. :P

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/17/08 at 10:19 pm

What would surprise you about me?

Gee...I used to play the keyboard when I was younger.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:20 pm

That doesn't sound good. :P

it could be. If you were into that thing.

Meh..I can't keep this up...Howard, I am all woman. haha. ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:21 pm

it could be. If you were into that thing.

Meh..I can't keep this up...Howard, I am all woman. haha. ;D

Good.You had me fooled.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:21 pm

Good.You had me fooled.

hehehe....Happy Late April Fool's Day! :D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/08 at 10:22 pm

hehehe....Happy Late April Fool's Day! :D

Thanks.  ;D

Written By: adagio on 06/22/08 at 10:18 pm

You all are all very surprising. Me?  Not much.  I don't think, except I'm shyer than I act here.

Guy?  Just write parodies, don't submit them, and keep them for you to look at.  Nervous or not, I wish I could put as many on amiright as you do.

I also tend to hold grudges, but not for very long..I'm too much of a softee...in the head. ;D

Oh yeah...I'm pervy too. ::)

Written By: Howard on 06/23/08 at 6:47 am

I'm shy at first but I warm up later.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/23/08 at 1:03 pm

oh ya...how so? ??? :D

Your lack of appreciation for girly fluffy crap.  You're always fighting the urge to run around in black leather while singing Rock and Roll radio.  Oh, guess that means you just want a Ramone and not just a regular dude. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/08 at 4:38 pm

Your lack of appreciation for girly fluffy crap.  You're always fighting the urge to run around in black leather while singing Rock and Roll radio.  Oh, guess that means you just want a Ramone and not just a regular dude. ;D

oh gosh...you don't even know how much! ;) It's true though. I have never loved purses and tons of make-up and stuff. I do love to smell yummy and look nice...but most days I would rather have spitting contests than take hours applying makeup and stuff.  My hero=Riff Randell. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/23/08 at 6:29 pm

I'm shy at first but I warm up later.

I tend to be like that in general groups.

But am far more bold in groups I fit in with easily.

Written By: Howard on 06/23/08 at 7:12 pm

I tend to be like that in general groups.

But am far more bold in groups I fit in with easily.

I tend to be like that in meeting a girl for the first time.

Written By: Step-chan on 06/23/08 at 10:22 pm

I tend to be like that in meeting a girl for the first time.

I remember some girls on the 4th of July wanting to talk to me(this happened years ago), they were Nirvana fans like me.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/23/08 at 10:32 pm

I remember some girls on the 4th of July wanting to talk to me(this happened years ago), they were Nirvana fans like me.

did you talk to them?

Written By: Howard on 06/24/08 at 10:33 am

I'm a motivated person.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/08 at 7:11 am

I'm a motivated person.
I have lost my motivation now.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/08 at 9:49 pm

I have lost my motivation now.

Why is that?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/27/08 at 9:52 pm

There's somebody who thinks my body is sexy.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/27/08 at 11:52 pm

Awesome!  That's always a plus.

Do they like or know about your robot llama half?

Written By: Dominic L. on 06/28/08 at 12:03 am

Awesome!  That's always a plus.

Do they like or know about your robot llama half?

That's the part they think is sexy.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 06/28/08 at 6:57 am

Does your woman know?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/28/08 at 10:30 am

Does your woman know?

perhaps SHE is the one that thinks he is sexy! ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 06/28/08 at 4:13 pm

did you talk to them?

Yes.

Edit: Sorry for not seeing this question sooner. I forgot.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/08 at 7:21 pm

perhaps SHE is the one that thinks he is sexy! ;)

I know I'm too sexy. ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/08 at 2:26 am

I know I'm too sexy. ;)
In your shirt?

Written By: Howard on 07/02/08 at 6:59 am

In your shirt?

Yes,way too sexy.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/02/08 at 1:17 pm

that I used to be more quiet and wouldn't voice my opinion regarding my views....but one day I grew balls..and now I will tell anyone what I think, and if they don't like it...it really doesn't matter to me. ;)

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/02/08 at 2:12 pm

that I used to be more quiet and wouldn't voice my opinion regarding my views....but one day I grew balls..and now I will tell anyone what I think, and if they don't like it...it really doesn't matter to me. ;)

Good for you! I need to be that way more often.  A LOT more often.

Something people would be surprised to know about me is that I'm 9 1/2' tall.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/02/08 at 2:24 pm

For some voicing opinions is a normal everyday occurrence.  Don't you just love the newness of things?  Does growing balls mean you also have the right to threaten to do bodily harm?

Written By: Step-chan on 07/02/08 at 10:35 pm

As tall as a Bear? :o ;D ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/02/08 at 10:38 pm

wow...that's TALL! ;D ;)

For some voicing opinions is a normal everyday occurrence.  Don't you just love the newness of things?  Does growing balls mean you also have the right to threaten to do bodily harm?

no, I don't threaten people...I am just not afraid to voice my opinion any longer, like i used to be.

Written By: Howard on 07/03/08 at 7:20 am

I'm talented.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/03/08 at 12:15 pm

I'm talented.

I'm not going to even ask in what kind of way. :-X

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/03/08 at 3:13 pm

wow...that's TALL! ;D ;)

no, I don't threaten people...I am just not afraid to voice my opinion any longer, like i used to be.

I pity the person who's getting the beatdown.

*cues Beat On The Brat by The Ramones*

Written By: Step-chan on 07/03/08 at 4:01 pm

That I've wrote original songs....

Well, I think some people on here already know about that. :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/03/08 at 10:24 pm

I pity the person who's getting the beatdown.

*cues Beat On The Brat by The Ramones*

hehhe...with a baseball bat..oh ya! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/08 at 3:41 am

I'm talented.

No comment

Written By: Howard on 07/04/08 at 5:47 am

I can lip sync.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/04/08 at 2:07 pm

That I have been known to write a few short story.

I also have always wanted to learn how to play the cello.

Written By: Howard on 07/04/08 at 5:02 pm

I have knowledge of disco and funk.

Written By: adagio on 07/08/08 at 10:00 am

I have knowledge of disco and funk.

My eyes are playng tricks with me...I swore Howard said something else, disco and f---

Nothng would surprise people about me, except my sometimes dirty mouth.  but then who cares about that?

Written By: Howard on 07/08/08 at 7:06 pm

My eyes are playng tricks with me...I swore Howard said something else, disco and f---

Get your mind out the gutter,you know exactly what I said. ;D

Written By: adagio on 07/08/08 at 7:09 pm

Swear I didn't.

Written By: Howard on 07/08/08 at 7:10 pm

Swear I didn't.

Ok,I forgive you. ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 07/10/08 at 12:14 pm

I own a 1949 sixpence coin.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/10/08 at 1:21 pm

I really am quite civilized.  Honest. :)

Written By: adagio on 07/10/08 at 7:03 pm

And I'm not always getting angry about something either. :D

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/10/08 at 8:27 pm

I pick apart and worry about lots of little things that probably don't mean any harm.

Written By: Howard on 07/10/08 at 10:13 pm

I'm a sensitive person.

Written By: nally on 07/04/17 at 7:27 pm

I've never dated anyone in my entire life (almost 37 years).

Written By: violet_shy on 07/04/17 at 7:48 pm

I sing. And I have a hidden talent, I sew completely by hand and I do it really well!

Written By: nally on 12/30/17 at 6:41 pm

I sing. And I have a hidden talent, I sew completely by hand and I do it really well!

Those are excellent qualities! 8)

Written By: Howard on 12/31/17 at 4:00 pm

I love to be a clean freak.

Written By: annimal on 12/31/17 at 6:02 pm

I like surprising people so I cant tell you.

Written By: nally on 09/04/19 at 5:49 pm

And now, at age 39, I have still never dated anyone!

Written By: annimal on 09/04/19 at 7:34 pm

you aren't the only one who has never dated

Written By: nally on 09/04/19 at 9:35 pm

you aren't the only one who has never dated

Of course. There are people older than me who've never dated. That being said, I shouldn't feel bad at all.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/19 at 7:34 am

I have a knowledge of most things.

Written By: annimal on 09/05/19 at 10:32 am

cool. 

Written By: nally on 02/17/21 at 11:15 pm

So do many people. Of course, such things vary.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/18/21 at 7:05 pm

Everyone around here IRL knows me but I’ll put some things out for those on here.

I won many spelling bees in school, including the county. I understand proper grammar but can’t write or comprehend fiction to save my life. IRL I am quiet and my people skills are very poor, I understand mechanical things much better than people. I’m likely autistic and that’s fine.

I don’t enjoy food. I can go for days or even weeks without eating and never feel dizzy or hungry. Honestly I feel better when I don’t eat. I only like the most plain things without dressing or condiments or spice. This feature saves me a lot of money.

For many generations, my family has had musical ability. More than half of the family tree can play something. Including my daughter who can sing and play. I can’t sing.

At 44 I still have no gray hair on the top of my head. However it is thinning and I figure it will be gone before it turns color. However as a teen I was often assumed too old for teen gatherings and never got carded when I was old enough for adult things.

I take care of things and keep them forever. I can and do still wear clothes from high school. I’ve had the same job for over 22 years. One of my cars I got 18 years ago. I regularly use things that are long since obsolete.

I’m slim and was 120# most of my life. I’m 140-150 now which feels too big at times. However I’m only physically attracted to gals who are considerably bigger than me. Not attracted to people my own size.

I’ve always lived up north in the sticks. For me 15000 is a big city. 3 or more lanes in one direction is nuts. I don’t understand other accents well and I’m afraid to fly. Yet I can navigate back roads, drive in a snowstorm, manage my property and devices with ease.

Written By: 2001 on 02/18/21 at 8:20 pm

Everyone around here IRL knows me but I’ll put some things out for those on here.

I won many spelling bees in school, including the county. I understand proper grammar but can’t write or comprehend fiction to save my life. IRL I am quiet and my people skills are very poor, I understand mechanical things much better than people. I’m likely autistic and that’s fine.

I don’t enjoy food. I can go for days or even weeks without eating and never feel dizzy or hungry. Honestly I feel better when I don’t eat. I only like the most plain things without dressing or condiments or spice. This feature saves me a lot of money.

For many generations, my family has had musical ability. More than half of the family tree can play something. Including my daughter who can sing and play. I can’t sing.

At 44 I still have no gray hair on the top of my head. However it is thinning and I figure it will be gone before it turns color. However as a teen I was often assumed too old for teen gatherings and never got carded when I was old enough for adult things.

I take care of things and keep them forever. I can and do still wear clothes from high school. I’ve had the same job for over 22 years. One of my cars I got 18 years ago. I regularly use things that are long since obsolete.

I’m slim and was 120# most of my life. I’m 140-150 now which feels too big at times. However I’m only physically attracted to gals who are considerably bigger than me. Not attracted to people my own size.

I’ve always lived up north in the sticks. For me 15000 is a big city. 3 or more lanes in one direction is nuts. I don’t understand other accents well and I’m afraid to fly. Yet I can navigate back roads, drive in a snowstorm, manage my property and devices with ease.

I do enjoy (spicy!) food but I don't enjoy the process of eating – the amount of time and effort it takes, and the lethargic drowsy feeling afterwards. Like you I can go for a day or two without eating and not feel hungry. I haven't tried not eating for weeks though. :o

Those are all cool and interesting facts! O0

I'm ignorant on most things and there's more to the world I don't know than I do know, but that probably isn't a surprise to anyone. :D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/18/21 at 8:47 pm

You always make sense when you post here. Can't say that's the case with everyone, but I guess that's part of the charm here.  ;)

I also frequently use things that are considered obsolete, including cassette tapes. I've got too many rare or one of a kind ones to just disregard them and it would be too much hassle to digitize them all, although I have with some. But what's the use? I put some cassettes on CD and now CDs are obsolete. It's never ending! So now I just keep them the way they are and hope my equipment holds out. And when it goes, I always manage to find another working one. I also wouldn't part with my iPod classic, which I  listen to while walking outdoors or riding public transportation. This means maintaining a much earlier version of iTunes because the new one doesn't support an iPod classic. Most of the songs are from my own CD collection. Not downloaded from anywhere. I avoid Spotify when I can because what people don't realize is that they're not controlling Spotify, Spotify is controlling them.

I'm a voracious reader and lover of (physical) books, but like you I don't like fiction. I can admire great fiction writers from Poe to Twain to whoever (but not cheesy, crass, awful, commercial people like Stephen King) but it leaves me unfulfilled because I know it's just made up. It could have ended or turned out any way the writer felt that day which leaves me cold. I guess I have no "suspension of disbelief" when it comes to novels.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/18/21 at 8:50 pm

I'm ignorant on most things and there's more to the world I don't know than I do know, but that probably isn't a surprise to anyone. :D

You've hit on something there without even knowing it.  ;)  I have come to find that nothing, absolutely NOTHING is what it seems like on the surface.  :o

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/18/21 at 10:02 pm

You always make sense when you post here. Can't say that's the case with everyone, but I guess that's part of the charm here.  ;)

I also frequently use things that are considered obsolete, including cassette tapes. I've got too many rare or one of a kind ones to just disregard them and it would be too much hassle to digitize them all, although I have with some. But what's the use? I put some cassettes on CD and now CDs are obsolete. It's never ending! So now I just keep them the way they are and hope my equipment holds out. And when it goes, I always manage to find another working one. I also wouldn't part with my iPod classic, which I  listen to while walking outdoors or riding public transportation. This means maintaining a much earlier version of iTunes because the new one doesn't support an iPod classic. Most of the songs are from my own CD collection. Not downloaded from anywhere. I avoid Spotify when I can because what people don't realize is that they're not controlling Spotify, Spotify is controlling them.

I'm a voracious reader and lover of (physical) books, but like you I don't like fiction. I can admire great fiction writers from Poe to Twain to whoever (but not cheesy, crass, awful, commercial people like Stephen King) but it leaves me unfulfilled because I know it's just made up. It could have ended or turned out any way the writer felt that day which leaves me cold. I guess I have no "suspension of disbelief" when it comes to novels.

I have tons of nonfiction books. Hundreds of CDs and tapes. I like true original content and I don’t trust digital remastered media to be the same, let alone be there in the future at all. I keep all my CDs in original jewel cases with the jackets, handle them with care, and they still look like new just like when I got them, most of which were used. CD wallets are the fastest way to wreck a CD IMO. My VHS tapes I know aren’t edited to remove things now considered offensive.

I like embracing things that almost nobody wants anymore. Like my 10 ft dish, lots of free content you can’t find elsewhere. My beautiful wagon that I got a good deal on because nobody else wanted it. I don’t like competing for things, and I like being different.

Up until just December, I never had high speed internet. And I’ve never had a pizza delivered, as I’ve never lived in an area that offered it. That surprises many people. Never ridden in a taxi, plane, or train. I love looking at skyscrapers but very afraid of heights. Only skyscraper in northern Michigan is the 17 story Trillium tower and that’s enough for me.

I live an hour away from the longest suspension bridge in the Western Hemisphere. The Golden Gate can keep getting all the attention, but I think ours is prettier.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/18/21 at 10:30 pm

I like embracing things that almost nobody wants anymore.
Like my 10 ft dish, lots of free content you can’t find elsewhere. My beautiful wagon that I got a good deal on because nobody else wanted it. I don’t like competing for things, and I like being different.

I love the idea of that. I love giving inanimate objects a second life. It's amazing what interesting things can be found in thrift shops and second hand places. If I may ask, what exactly do you do with the wagon?

It also sounds like you are an individualist. This country used to be built on such independent-thinking people. But now there is a pervasive groupthink and party line that people think they MUST adhere to for fear of being "cancelled" or accused of being something they are not. This is entirely the fault of social media.

Written By: 2001 on 02/18/21 at 10:46 pm

I also read 5 or 6 non-fiction books for every piece of fiction, but I think fiction has its place as a form of escapism, and it also helps you see things from other people's perspective(s). I'm not a woman, a plumber, a refugee, or even poor, but reading fiction books with them as main characters can expand your worldview and help you recognize other people's though processes, aspirations, challenges, constraints etc. I also read that reading fiction helps boost creativity, and I think that's the "seeing things from different perspectives" at work.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/18/21 at 11:50 pm

I love the idea of that. I love giving inanimate objects a second life. It's amazing what interesting things can be found in thrift shops and second hand places. If I may ask, what exactly do you do with the wagon?

It also sounds like you are an individualist. This country used to be built on such independent-thinking people. But now there is a pervasive groupthink and party line that people think they MUST adhere to for fear of being "cancelled" or accused of being something they are not. This is entirely the fault of social media.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=33595.0;attach=32926
This wagon. My 99% rust free Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser. 32 years old this year. Even the bottom is rust free. Summer ride only, will never see snow. It’s nearly the same as my first car. Also these cars were a symbol of my childhood. You hardly ever see them anymore and I get lots of compliments. Lots of guys seek out restored cars like they grew up with, or like their first car. This is mine in both cases and I’m keeping it.

I also read 5 or 6 non-fiction books for every piece of fiction, but I think fiction has its place as a form of escapism, and it also helps you see things from other people's perspective(s). I'm not a woman, a plumber, a refugee, or even poor, but reading fiction books with them as main characters can expand your worldview and help you recognize other people's though processes, aspirations, challenges, constraints etc. I also read that reading fiction helps boost creativity, and I think that's the "seeing things from different perspectives" at work.

It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s that I can’t comprehend it. I read the words but don’t get the picture because it’s not real. Or my mind just constantly drifts off. So if someone asks me about it, I remember nothing. I used to be able to read fiction in elementary school, but that ability drifted away. I did enjoy books like the Boxcar Children series.

I also can’t creative write. I faked it in school by writing about actual people such as relatives.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/19/21 at 8:13 am

I also can’t creative write. I faked it in school by writing about actual people such as relatives.

That's not a crime. if you ask me, creative writing benefits from being based on fact.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/19/21 at 11:52 am

I do enjoy (spicy!) food but I don't enjoy the process of eating – the amount of time and effort it takes, and the lethargic drowsy feeling afterwards. Like you I can go for a day or two without eating and not feel hungry. I haven't tried not eating for weeks though. :o

That's called Fasting....isn't it?

Written By: wixness on 02/19/21 at 1:08 pm

For the people I'm surrounded with, they may be like this too, but I'm more concerned about the ones who would consider me being selfish because I didn't want to be involved in their cultish MLM schemes or be strongly involved with religion. Because I didn't grow up in the US, individualism was never seen as completely aspirational for practically everyone I've been with. Even if I became filthy rich without government help or something like that, I'd be expected to give back to the community. Problem is, I don't want to be filthy rich, and I only want communities with a sensitive understanding of gender, for one. Plus, I either repel others or the other way round (because I'm weird or just complain a lot and I admit I'm very picky with my company) so I had to try and enjoy being alone.

What may surprise people about me may not be much (since I tend to likely overshare stuff about myself), but possibly the fact I wish to express myself in a more feminine manner from time to time.
Being a zoomer I'm expected by some to be someone keen to be around others all the time, so me being rather introverted would be unexpected, particularly by those who barely know me well.

I don't look like a typical zoomer anyway (I don't have the characteristic short back and sides) so few would be surprised that I'm quite an unusual character.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/19/21 at 1:22 pm

Because I didn't grow up in the US, individualism was never seen as completely aspirational for practically everyone I've been with. Even if I became filthy rich without government help or something like that, I'd be expected to give back to the community. 

Absolutely nothing wrong in giving back to the community. But it has to be in the way one wants to give back. And to the community one wants to give to.

What may surprise people about me may not be much (since I tend to likely overshare stuff about myself), but possibly the fact I wish to express myself in a more feminine manner from time to time.

No, doesn't surprise me at all, believe it or not. I thought you already were doing that.

Written By: wixness on 02/19/21 at 1:47 pm

No, doesn't surprise me at all, believe it or not. I thought you already were doing that.

Total strangers would think it'd be uncharacteristic of me anyway since I prefer not to wear make up and jewellery and do my nails.

Written By: 2001 on 02/19/21 at 3:16 pm

That's called Fasting....isn't it?

I guess so, but I don't do it deliberately. Sometimes I can be so absorbed in a task that I forget to eat.

Written By: violet_shy on 02/19/21 at 7:20 pm

I guess so, but I don't do it deliberately. Sometimes I can be so absorbed in a task that I forget to eat.

Ah ok. That happens to me sometimes.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/20/21 at 12:37 am

I wouldn’t call it fasting. To me fasting is a scheduled period of no eating, to lose weight or for other positive health reasons. I just don’t eat half the time because my guts feel like trash, or it gets stuck in the esophagus anyway.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/21 at 3:42 pm

I sometimes forget to eat too myself.

Written By: Howard on 02/20/21 at 3:44 pm

I wouldn’t call it fasting. To me fasting is a scheduled period of no eating, to lose weight or for other positive health reasons. I just don’t eat half the time because my guts feel like trash, or it gets stuck in the esophagus anyway.

Yom Kippur is also a time for fasting.

Written By: nally on 02/20/21 at 5:12 pm

I forget to eat too myself.

I never forget to eat. Although sometimes I may eat later than my usual meal time due to other circumstances (such as working on a task and not wanting to stop in the middle of a subtask or step). But if I'm sick I may eat a small amount.

Written By: nally on 02/22/21 at 11:12 pm

That's right. O0

I can tell you the date when many things in my life occurred as well!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/21 at 1:13 pm

That's right. O0

I can do that, too.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/21 at 1:30 pm

That's right. O0

I can do that, too.

Cat
As my years get on, there are more dates to remember and associate.

When placing a year for a pop song, I think of where I was at the time for first hearing it, and associate the two together.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/21 at 1:37 pm

I surprise myself when in a quiz, I do well remembering the year of certain events from the past history.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/23/21 at 1:37 pm

When placing a year for a pop song, I think of where I was at the time for first hearing it, and associate the two together.

I do that, too. I moved around a lot when I was a kid which helps me to remember years. "In 19xx, I lived _____ and I remember listening to (song) so (song) came out about the year 19xx." "I lived _____ when I was in grade X so I know the year was 19xx." Or something to that sort. It was after I stopped moving around that I can't remember things. lol. But, I do have my journal to help me out.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/23/21 at 2:05 pm

Same with me, and some of the best memories I have stay with me. Although in retrospect I do wish I could have written some of them down when they were fresh in my mind.

I can relate to that too. O0

Written By: violet_shy on 02/23/21 at 2:16 pm

I do this with every song I listen to! Unless it's one I have never listened to.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/23/21 at 2:17 pm

Same with me, and some of the best memories I have stay with me. Although in retrospect I do wish I could have written some of them down when they were fresh in my mind.

I can relate to that too. O0
Also, being online here helps me to recall songs.

Subject: What would surprise people about you?

Written By: Dude111 on 03/15/21 at 7:49 pm

I think the fact I have my own mind and like different stuff than most surprises alot of ppl!!

Written By: violet_shy on 03/16/21 at 6:57 pm

The highest singing vocal range is called a Soprano. Between C3 and C6.

I can actually go higher. Mine is C8.

Written By: nally on 03/16/21 at 7:24 pm

Wow, that is amazing! O0

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/16/21 at 7:58 pm

That’s really cool! Just for reference, how does that compare to Mariah Carey or Minnie Riperton ?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/16/21 at 8:14 pm

That’s really cool! Just for reference, how does that compare to Mariah Carey or Minnie Riperton ?

Or Joan Baez or Joni Mitchell in her prime? Time Magazine famously described Baez as having "an achingly pure soprano".  It is quite something to be in the category of these renowned singers.

Written By: karen on 03/17/21 at 1:18 pm

Or Joan Baez or Joni Mitchell in her prime? Time Magazine famously described Baez as having "an achingly pure soprano".  It is quite something to be in the category of these renowned singers.

C8 is record breaking according to this article

https://joetheflow.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/lowest-and-highest-sung-notes-guinness-world-record/

Although I can read music I don’t play the piano , so was looking to see what C8 meant.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/17/21 at 1:22 pm

C8 is record breaking according to this article

https://joetheflow.wordpress.com/2012/02/28/lowest-and-highest-sung-notes-guinness-world-record/

Although I can read music I don’t play the piano , so was looking to see what C8 meant.

Any higher and only dogs would hear it.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/21 at 1:52 pm

I always wanted to be a first soprano. I hid out in the second sopranos for a while until they found me out. I ended up in the second altos. But then I learned that altos have more fun.  :D ;D ;D ;D We used to go around saying, "ALTO POWER!"

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 03/17/21 at 2:02 pm

This was me practicing my singing yesterday night. I was in a hurry, because my brother had an interview and he promised to give me ride to the market. Because of that I could only make an audio. But next time I will post a video doing the same thing....when I have the time. Anyway, my voice is naturally small so I tried practicing low key. And I did some high pitched notes. Lol. It sounds kinda funny to me.

5lPbe4rpb6k

Written By: Howard on 03/17/21 at 4:02 pm

I always wanted to be a first soprano. I hid out in the second sopranos for a while until they found me out. I ended up in the second altos. But then I learned that altos have more fun.  :D ;D ;D ;D We used to go around saying, "ALTO POWER!"

Cat

I always wanted to be Tony.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/17/21 at 4:05 pm

I always wanted to be Tony.

;D    ;D  ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 04/15/21 at 7:54 pm

I can sew completely with my hands, without using a sewing machine. I don't mess up either.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/21 at 5:37 am

I have a small knowledge of music.

Written By: nally on 03/03/22 at 11:39 pm

That’s good. O0 Sometimes it helps me too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/04/22 at 12:58 am

That’s good. O0 Sometimes it helps me too.
Listening to various 60s music shows on the radio, always turns up a gem of a song, especially one totally forgotten from my youth.

Written By: nally on 03/07/22 at 10:28 pm

Listening to various 60s music shows on the radio, always turns up a gem of a song, especially one totally forgotten from my youth.

I miss hearing a great deal of it on radio over here; it's a good thing I'm subscribed to SiriusXM where I can hear it anytime. :) (Of course, said music is before my time, but there is a great deal of it that I grew up listening to, not just on the radio, but on pre-recorded material.)

Written By: nally on 04/21/22 at 10:39 pm

The same is now still true, at going on 42 years.

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/22 at 12:17 am

I ruined the wedding night of former child star Corey Feldman in 2016.  I didn't really, but those were his words, not mine lol

Written By: Contigo on 04/27/22 at 9:24 am

The same is now still true, at going on 42 years.

Have you never found anyone you liked, or just too shy to ask anyone out ?
I have a male friend he's almost 60 years old and he's also never been on a date, he's always been too shy to ask anyone.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/22 at 3:11 pm

I have a male friend he's almost 60 years old and he's also never been on a date, he's always been too shy to ask anyone.

I used to date women, one had Down Syndrome and a few years later I dated a woman who had Asperger's Syndrome.

Written By: nally on 05/02/22 at 11:29 pm

Probably the latter. I've been interested in lotsa ladies over time. Seems like I've had nothing beyond a close friendship, really.

Sounds like my two living uncles, who have been single their whole lives and have never shown any interest whatsoever in women.

Check for new replies or respond here...