inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Garfield Movie Coming Out

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/04 at 1:23 pm

The new Garfield movie comes out on June 11th.  I can't wait.

I wish I had a VCR so I could watch it at home on tape.

Subject: Re: New Garfield Movie Coming Out

Written By: Indy Gent on 05/27/04 at 4:11 pm

Big, fat hairy deal! ;D

Written By: Hairspray on 05/27/04 at 7:47 pm

No VCR, eh?  ::)

Anyway...

It would be a while before it was released on video being as how it's just being released in the theatre.

P.S. Buy yourself a VCR at Wal-Mart! They're dirt cheap at $50 or less.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/04 at 9:07 pm

No VCR, eh?  ::)

Anyway...

It would be a while before it was released on video being as how it's just being released in the theatre.

The problem is I don't want to buy a VCR until HDTV comes on big.  I'm also hoping my TV will hold out until HDTV becomes more prevalent and cheap.

Written By: My name is Kenny on 05/27/04 at 10:35 pm

I can think of nothing good to say about this probable cinematic abomination.  And as time goes by, I can think of less and less good things to say about the once-good comic strip as well.

The TV show, I will worship until my dying day.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/04 at 10:39 pm

I can think of nothing good to say about this probable cinematic abomination.  And as time goes by, I can think of less and less good things to say about the once-good comic strip as well.

But it has Jennifer Love Hewitt in it.  That alone makes it worth watching.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/28/04 at 1:20 pm

I just priced VCR's at Wal-Mart today and they have one for $42.87 .  That is pretty cheap.

But I think I may as well wait and save my money so I can put it towards an HDTV VCR when they come out.  :-\\

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/28/04 at 4:20 pm

I totally agree.  The old Garfield specials and the cartoon series from the early 90's were the only good Garfield shows.  From what I've seen on the previews, Garfield doesn't even act like the original fat cat. 
Btw, who does JLH play?  "Liz"?

Written By: Hairspray on 05/28/04 at 5:39 pm

But it has Jennifer Love Hewitt in it.  That alone makes it worth watching.  8)

I'm sure it does for some. Not for me though. I think her acting leaves a lot to be desired and she's so thin she looks sickly. :P

Written By: Hairspray on 05/28/04 at 5:42 pm

From what I've seen on the previews, Garfield doesn't even act like the original fat cat. 
Btw, who does JLH play?  "Liz"?

None of the characters even look the way they're supposed to look. ??? JLH does play "Liz", from what I've read.

Hollywood needs to stop desecrating oldtime favorites.

Written By: Hairspray on 05/28/04 at 5:45 pm

LMAO!! ;D ROTFL!! I feel the same way, btw.

Written By: Bobby on 05/28/04 at 5:45 pm

None of the characters even look the way they're supposed to look. ??? JLH does play "Liz", from what I've read.

Hollywood needs to stop desecrating oldtime favorites.

Yeah. Hollywood should come up with something vaguely original.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/09/04 at 10:47 am

Only 2 more days to go!  :) 8) ;D

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 12:54 pm

They should have made All the main animals CGI

Also, what's up with Garfield having GREEN eyes??
and Garfield DOES NOT TALK???

It opens Tomorrow.! :) :) :) :)

Written By: womberty on 06/10/04 at 3:01 pm

Bill Murray is no Lorenzo Music ... and the 3D Garfield they've created hardly looks like the cartoon character. Plus, we can be sure that any script that would make it to the big screen would be nothing like the classic cartoon specials and TV show.

What's this movie about? Odie's missing and Garfield has to rescue him? Yeah, that was a real good story back when it was called "Here Comes Garfield."

I have not seen anything in the previews that would make me laugh. "I'm walking the dog!"??? *groan!*

Somehow, I don't think the new movie can live up to the funny, silly writing that we loved in the old cartoons. It still gives me the giggles:

"Come here, kitty. Come here, puppy. I want to pet ya.... WITH MY STICK!!!!"

Written By: Indy Gent on 06/10/04 at 3:12 pm

What really frosts me is that they put a real dog to play Odie. The kicker is this dog doesn't look anything like Odie. They should have kept him animated like Garfield. :(

Written By: womberty on 06/10/04 at 3:24 pm

Yeah, how are they gonna do any slurp gags without Odie's giant tongue?  (Or are they going to animate one for the dog, making it something like the dog in The Mask?)

Written By: MasterSplinter on 06/10/04 at 4:53 pm

Bill Murray is no Lorenzo Music ... and the 3D Garfield they've created hardly looks like the cartoon character. Plus, we can be sure that any script that would make it to the big screen would be nothing like the classic cartoon specials and TV show.

What's this movie about? Odie's missing and Garfield has to rescue him? Yeah, that was a real good story back when it was called "Here Comes Garfield."

I have not seen anything in the previews that would make me laugh. "I'm walking the dog!"??? *groan!*

Somehow, I don't think the new movie can live up to the funny, silly writing that we loved in the old cartoons. It still gives me the giggles:

"Come here, kitty. Come here, puppy. I want to pet ya.... WITH MY STICK!!!!"

Not only that the "Nermal" doesn't even look like Nermal, Nermal is supposed to be a Kitten, and have a little girl's voice(Although Nermal is a boy)

And they don't have Irma the waitress,

Check for new replies or respond here...