inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why do kids and ADULTS tease and/or bully?

Written By: Howard on 05/30/04 at 11:42 am

Well,I decided to bump this topic because I've decided to make peace with that guy who I was talking about. before the board died. His name is Oscar,the bully who used to tease me and my Brother in High School 15 years ago. I decided to not keep a grudge anymore and I'd like to take him out to lunch or dinner one day the next time I see him again.These days,he's into the bible-thumping and he doesn't really do much at all but him and I should have a long talk about what you've been doing after 1989 & why you've decided to change all of a sudden. He seemed like a nice guy now.He says he'd like to invite me to a party and get introduced to some pretty girls. :)

Howard

Subject: Re: Why do kids and ADULTS tease and/or bully?

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 11:51 am

A 'bible thumper' inviting you to a party to meet girls !?! He must be a liberal bible thumper.  ;D

In all seriousness, it is great that you have decided to find out about the person that has bullied you in the past, Howard. At least it will allow you to close that particularly nasty chapter of your life and will give you a better understanding perhaps.

IMO, I think you have done a nobel thing. If worst comes to the worst, at least you don't have to see him again like you had to at school.  :)

Written By: Howard on 05/30/04 at 11:55 am

A 'bible thumper' inviting you to a party to meet girls !?! He must be a liberal bible thumper.  ;D

In all seriousness, it is great that you have decided to find out about the person that has bullied you in the past, Howard. At least it will allow you to close that particularly nasty chapter of your life and will give you a better understanding perhaps.

IMO, I think you have done a nobel thing. If worst comes to the worst, at least you don't have to see him again like you had to at school.  :)

I hope he doesn't try anything funny cause I have a cell phone and I know how to use it. ;D

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 11:56 am

I hope he doesn't try anything funny cause I have a cell phone and I know how to use it. ;D

Lol. Eh? What are you going to do? Beat him over the head with it?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/30/04 at 11:58 am

Lol. Eh? What are you going to do? Beat him over the head with it?  ;D

No,call the police! This ain't 1989 and I'm not 15 years old, This is 2004 & We're both in our 30's so let's start acting like mature adults and reminessce about the good old times. :)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 12:02 pm

No,call the police! This ain't 1989 and I'm not 15 years old, This is 2004 & We're both in our 30's so let's start acting like mature adults and reminessce about the good old times. :)

Maturity is good. However, for me, reminiscing about old times with a bully is like going back to a business reunion at the company you got sacked from.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 05/30/04 at 12:05 pm

Maturity is good. However, for me, reminiscing about old times with a bully is like going back to a business reunion at the company you got sacked from.  :-\\

Yeah,I remember when he took my bike and snuck in a forest.That I will never forget but am willing to let bygones be bygones. :)

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/04 at 12:33 pm

Yeah,I remember when he took my bike and snuck in a forest.That I will never forget but am willing to let bygones be bygones. :)

Howard

Wow, Howard.  You should be one of those international mediators they use to keep countries from going to war.

LB

Written By: AL-B on 05/30/04 at 1:51 pm

Well,I decided to bump this topic because I've decided to make peace with that guy who I was talking about. before the board died. His name is Oscar,the bully who used to tease me and my Brother in High School 15 years ago. I decided to not keep a grudge anymore and I'd like to take him out to lunch or dinner one day the next time I see him again.These days,he's into the bible-thumping and he doesn't really do much at all but him and I should have a long talk about what you've been doing after 1989 & why you've decided to change all of a sudden. He seemed like a nice guy now.He says he'd like to invite me to a party and get introduced to some pretty girls. :)

Howard
If this guy is sincere and you can make peace with him, I can tell you from my own experiences that you will be a much happier person because of it. I carried around a lot of negative B.S. from high school for YEARS, but I've ran into a few people since then who pushed me around back then and when I see them now they treat me with respect. So I decided to let bygones be bygones and it has taken a HUGE load off of me.  I sincerely hope that this guy's intentions are true and things work out well. Good luck! :)

Written By: Fred on 05/30/04 at 5:46 pm

When I was younger, I used to get bullied. And I haven't had a bad case of it for a couple years now.  ;) And, hopefully it will stay that way, but now that I'm bigger than most of the kids who thought they were cool, mocking every kid who walks by them.  >:( I've also taken up boxing.

But it's not just guy's who bully, a few weeks ago, I was sitting with my friends at some school assembly, and they asked for a few volunteers. After a few minutes you could overhear the girl's sitting behind me. They were mocking one of the volunteers, and were being a bunch of total b*****s, to another girl volunteer.

Written By: Bobby on 05/30/04 at 5:55 pm

But it's not just guy's who bully, a few weeks ago, I was sitting with my friends at some school assembly, and they asked for a few volunteers. After a few minutes you could overhear the girl's sitting behind me. They were mocking one of the volunteers, and were being a bunch of total b*****s, to another girl volunteer.

Of course girls bully as well, they just do it in a different way.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/04 at 7:31 pm

I am glad you have decided to let this go, Howard.  You will find you are a much happier person when you don't hold grudges from childhood.

Written By: Fred on 05/30/04 at 7:36 pm

Of course girls bully as well, they just do it in a different way.  :)

That's what I meant.  :(

Written By: Howard on 05/31/04 at 10:49 am

I am glad you have decided to let this go, Howard.  You will find you are a much happier person when you don't hold grudges from childhood.

If I do see him again which I know he will be on the avenue almost every time I see Oscar,I will set up a day where we can meet each other for coffee and cake and discuss what has been happening for the past 15 years.He seemed to be at peace with me.But,you never know what might be lurking inside his brain. ::)

Howard

Written By: Bobby on 05/31/04 at 4:37 pm

That's what I meant.  :(

Oh no. Sorry Fred. I meant to affirm your statement not negate it.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.  ;)

Written By: Fred on 05/31/04 at 10:48 pm

Oh no. Sorry Fred. I meant to affirm your statement not negate it.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.  ;)

No problem.  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 06/01/04 at 8:19 am

No problem.  ;)

:)

Written By: Howard on 06/01/04 at 5:13 pm

Maybe,I'll see him this weekend and I'll let him know when we go out for lunch or dinner.

think I should tell my Mother about this bully I'm going out to eat with? I think she knows this guy! ???

Howard

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/01/04 at 7:11 pm

Maybe,I'll see him this weekend and I'll let him know when we go out for lunch or dinner.

think I should tell my Mother about this bully I'm going out to eat with? I think she knows this guy! ???

Howard

I think that depends on your relationship with your Mom, and how much she knows about Oscar.  If he was a real d***-head to you when you were a kid, she may become VERY protective.

My only advice to you in all of this is that if you and he go grab a bite to eat or whatever, you make sure that you go to a public place, that you know, where there are lots of people so that if he starts being an A-hole  (hopefully does not), you're covered.

LB

Written By: Howard on 06/02/04 at 7:05 pm

I think that depends on your relationship with your Mom, and how much she knows about Oscar.  If he was a real d***-head to you when you were a kid, she may become VERY protective.

My only advice to you in all of this is that if you and he go grab a bite to eat or whatever, you make sure that you go to a public place, that you know, where there are lots of people so that if he starts being an A-hole  (hopefully does not), you're covered.

LB

I think she might know him If I said his name. If I bump into him on my avenue on the weekends,I will talk to him about setting a lunch or dinner date together. :)

Howard

Written By: Howard on 03/10/06 at 2:30 pm

Throughout the years,I've had my share of being teased and bullied and it's not so fun when you're a kid.But now that I'm much older I'm hardly ever teased.It's possible that maturity has something to do with it.

Written By: Apricot on 03/10/06 at 2:37 pm

People bully because they're insecure about themselves.. or, they just like the pain of others.

Written By: Howard on 03/10/06 at 3:26 pm

People bully because they're insecure about themselves.. or, they just like the pain of others.

Or they've been bullied by their parents

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/10/06 at 9:15 pm

Howard...did you ever end up meeting up with that Oscar person that you were talking about?

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/06 at 10:16 pm

Throughout the years,I've had my share of being teased and bullied and it's not so fun when you're a kid.But now that I'm much older I'm hardly ever teased.It's possible that maturity has something to do with it.

Howard, if somebody picked on you, I bet you could whip 'em  ;)

Written By: rich1981 on 03/10/06 at 11:40 pm

Teasing/bullying is a kid thing, pure and simple.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/06 at 7:34 am

Howard...did you ever end up meeting up with that Oscar person that you were talking about?

No.I don't know what happened to him.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/06 at 7:34 am

Howard, if somebody picked on you, I bet you could whip 'em  ;)

I'd certainly scream my lungs off. ;)

Written By: Howard on 07/11/14 at 6:33 am

when was the last time you were a victim of bullying?

Written By: 80sfan on 07/15/14 at 2:54 pm

I don't know.  :(

Check for new replies or respond here...